4TH Annual Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - THANK YOU LETTER POST 319

badrhinogillett

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jamie - I hope you and everyone else here had a lovely Christmas too! I got a gift card to Michaels in my stocking and I went yesterday to buy yarn... got lots of Loops & Threads - was going to try a new pattern - but there I was last night starting on an Aggie May RR again! I just love those!

Once I get the disaster that is my living room cleaned and the kids stuff put away, I'm going to post the pictures of the package we already have!

Kathryn,

I actually picked up a RHSS of red as I have several big skeins of white. I want to try that red and white RR that I saw posted as it looked so Christmasy. I want to try a Starghan too. I have bookmarked a few patterns and really want to try my hand at a Starghan again. My first attempt didn't go so well and ended up as a doggie blankie as it was all curled up. My dog doesn't care and I think she really loves it as it smells like me. :hook

I think this is a worthy cause!

My "twins" were born at 26 weeks weighing (Lacey) 1 1/2 pds and (Molly) 2 1/2 pds. We were told when they were born...that not to get our hopes up...

WELL...19 years later......Molly graduated from high school in 2009..and Lacey will graduate in 2010! Lacey is high functioning autism..and is the happiest child I know, unless someone breaks her heart...Then god help whoever did it, cause thats where Molly comes in! LOL Both are very protective of the other...

I also donate blankets and hats to the NICU...in Rochester Minnesota,

its a small payback for what they did 19 years ago!

Cyndy

My cousin, Diana, had her son at 26 weeks as well. We were all told the same thing. He is a happy healthy 16 year old now. He is partially deaf in one ear..but thats all. Diana was very lucky. She got an infection from the amniocentisis done and thats what started her labor.

During the times I was coughing so bad I could not sleep I have gotten 1/2 a preemie blanket knitted. It's only going to be 12 inches or so. Is that an ok size?

Certainly! Something that tiny could be used for the tiniest of babies - or even as a "lovey" blanket for an older child. My DS has a blanket that goes with him everywhere in the house that is about that size. That's certainly going to be loved by someone!

Who lives in South Hamilton MA? I got two beautiful ghans today in the mail - but no name on the box. I'll be posting pics (hopefully tonight- finally am getting the Christmas mess put away) of the first ghans we received from JenniferElyse and I want to post pics of these as well, but I don't know who to credit them too.

Umm what does that mean? lol

It means i left the computer on and my DS was playing evidently!:lol

However, he got on the computer after me to play on the Sesame St. website... he must have hit the "back" button!

Archived