Snowflake Ornaments

danajokc

I have a great friend whose main craft is cross-stitch and she's stitched me something for Christmas. I'm working on an afghan for her and her family, but it is nowhere close to being done, so I whipped up these ornaments. I found the pattern on a mitten on the Red Heart site. I only used the snowflake. The white was a little dull, so I found some buttons to put in the center to jazz them up. Yea! Now I have something to exchange with her! She loves handmade ornaments, so hopefully this will enrich her collection.

post-31790-135897486097_thumb.jpg

Those are really nice. This year I made snowflake garland, they would go well together. I haven't figured out yet how to post pictures, but will try to so later, (have to clean house now!)

• 2 months later...

Do you have the pattern for the snowflake? I would love to have it. I have to make some snowflakes for a project but I don't want to use thread. These are probably made with regular yarn. If you have a link, please post it here. If not, you can PM me and I will give you my email address. Thanks loads.

• 5 months later...

Mamarose, I haven't been on this site for quite some time, but yes, I do enjoy the comments about my work. Thank you.

I found the pattern on the Red Heart site and used a g hook and 4 ply, I Love This Yarn.

Archived