Finally Finished

kathome

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karen that is a fabulous piece of work- truely beautiful. Your DIL is sooooooooo lucky! I'm sure she will treasure such a beautiful item - made all the more special by all the hard work and dedication you put into such a thoughtful gift.

Well, the results are in from the gift giving yesterday. My DIL and son were in awe of the tablecloth. The two of them must have spent 5 minutes staring at it, touching, etc. With all the excitement yesterday it didn't make it onto the dining room table, but late last night I overheard my son saying to his wife, "Mom's tablecloth will look beautiful on top of the red Christmas cloth that's on there now".

Oh, and also, my DIL said that she wants to keep the note that I wrote explaining how long it took to make, that there is almost 3 and a half miles of thread used and that every stitch was done with love. She said that the note should be passed down in years to come with the tablecloth.

So glad, happy and proud that I was able to make this for them.

To top the whole day off, they announced that I will be a grandma again at the end of June. WHAT A CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer:clap:yay

Well, the results are in from the gift giving yesterday. My DIL and son were in awe of the tablecloth. The two of them must have spent 5 minutes staring at it, touching, etc. With all the excitement yesterday it didn't make it onto the dining room table, but late last night I overheard my son saying to his wife, "Mom's tablecloth will look beautiful on top of the red Christmas cloth that's on there now".

Oh, and also, my DIL said that she wants to keep the note that I wrote explaining how long it took to make, that there is almost 3 and a half miles of thread used and that every stitch was done with love. She said that the note should be passed down in years to come with the tablecloth.

So glad, happy and proud that I was able to make this for them.

To top the whole day off, they announced that I will be a grandma again at the end of June. WHAT A CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer:clap:yay

Awww, What a Christmas you had! Congratulations on becoming a Grandma again!

There are goosebumps all over from reading this thread. Your tablecloth is absolutely stunning, your family sounds wonderful and to top it off, a new angel will be in your arms soon. Sounds like the perfect Christmas. Congrats!

• 3 weeks later...

GORGEOUS!!! What an amazing amount of work must have gone into that! This is something that will surely be passed down the generations. How wonderful that you have a family who cherishes handmade things!

Archived