Yo-yo's needed for BFF who is moving

Lilly Flower

My BFF is moving and I really want to make her an afghan out of yo-yo's like the one on yarncrazy.blogspot.com. Can you help me?

I'm going to try and get 350 yo-yo's a downsized afghan of the king sized one yarn crazy made. -I RECIEVED ENOUGH YO YO'S TO MAKE THE AFGHAN. THANKS EVERYONE! I'LL POST A PICTURE ONCE I GET IT DONE, HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE SOON!

To make the yo-yo's: (H hook and WW yarn)

-ch 3, join with a sl st, ch 3 (counts as first dc), 14 more dc in the original ch 3, join with a sl st. (15 dc)

It's that simple. I need the yo-yo's by December 31, 2009.

Colors: any colors except greys, whites, or light pinks.

I'll assemble the yo-yo's to make the afghan. I'm asking for help because I wouldn't be able to make all the yo-yo's. This would really mean a lot to me and my best friend. If you can help, please PM for my address. Thank you!

I will try to help you get some of these made, as I am already making yo-yos for another Viller who is using the same pattern making ghans for charity. :lol But I will have to make sure I keep them separate because she is doing the ch 4 join with a ss and then ch 3 and 15 dc like the pattern calls for. Do we need to weave in the ends of yo-yos or will you do that?

I can weave in the ends ONLY if you don't have time, I'd prefer if you did weave in ends because it will take me a little bit to get the yo-yo's assembled and weaving in ends would slow me down a little bit. Thanks for helping! PM me for my address when you need it please.

I can weave in the ends ONLY if you don't have time, I'd prefer if you did weave in ends because it will take me a little bit to get the yo-yo's assembled and weaving in ends would slow me down a little bit. Thanks for helping! PM me for my address when you need it please.

Do you think mailing out next Tuesday 12/22 would be too late to be helpful? I have no clue how many I could get done for you with all my holiday preparations and parties, but I do run errands on Tuesdays so that's when I do any mailings. If it's not too late I'll see what I can manage to get done and get your addy.

I bet that's more than enough time. I'm going to assemble it on/by the second. And if I don't think I can make the deadline for when she leaves, I'm going to send her the afghan. So even if packages arrive after December 31, I'll still use the yo-yo's.

My BFF's fav color is pink by the way, and I'm going to border the yo-yo's in a white or light pink. So if you make yo-yo's using a bright/dark pink, I'll definatly use them.

I bet that's more than enough time. I'm going to assemble it on/by the second. And if I don't think I can make the deadline for when she leaves, I'm going to send her the afghan. So even if packages arrive after December 31, I'll still use the yo-yo's.

My BFF's fav color is pink by the way, and I'm going to border the yo-yo's in a white or light pink. So if you make yo-yo's using a bright/dark pink, I'll definatly use them.

Okay then my goal will be to fill up a large envelope. I do have a fairly bright pink (not quite flourescent, but not pastel either) so I'll make some with that =)

I've got 10 done. *sigh* I really hoped to have time to get more done, but my family keeps springing things to do on me and I've have little to no time to do get my own things done. I've even got a friend in from out of town that I haven't seen in 8 years and we'll be hanging out all day tomorrow! I'll send what I've got done so far on Tuesday. I know it's not much, but hopefully it will be a little helpful.

Archived