PLease Help: Need Blankies for Kitties and kats and toys too: More Photos Added 4/20/10

moomooo

OPPPPPS my apologies Nikki i guess i goofed up as to who made and send me whats...

Sorry about that....

Thanks for typing here the how to make them ...

hugs

Lillibet

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Nikki:

Why didnt you tell me about the kitty rescue anual silent auction sale...

I would have loved to send you something for it...

Please do explain to us here more about it and maybe the other ladies might be wanting to help you out too in the future...

hugs

Lillibet

Actually I made a bunch of those. Yes they are just a square of sc (base ch 11, sc 10)folded over into a triangle and sc'ed closed. I stuff them with a little polyfil and a large dollop of catnip. I find they are super easy and eat up a lot of those little left over bits of yarn. Alternatively if you knit they can be made the same way with a square of garter stitch or stockinette (co 12)

I should be able to send you out another batch in a week or two. I'm getting ready right now for my local kitty rescue's annual silent auction on the 1st, and I've been crocheting like crazy!

I'd love to hear about the silent auction too. We are always looking for new ways to raise money. (I volunteer at a shelter too) And I certainly would have tried to help you. I crochet s-l-o-w-l-y so I need advance warning...

Not to hijack the thread, but since ppl are asking...

Every year my local rescue society holds a champagne silent auction. A bunch of the local businesses and some individuals such as myself donate items to auction off. This year's auction came around very early, as they changed the time of year (it used to be in September). Usually I buy a large cat treat jar and fill it with 52 crocheted toys (1 per week for a year). This year I really stepped it up. I've made 100 toys for their Buy it Now table, and I am working on finishing a blanket (will post pics in the forum when it's done), and since I am an artist by trade I am also donating an oil painting of a kitty. Since my hubby decided to take up knitting he is making a cat mat and some toys to add to a gift basket. I tend to make toys and bring them in twice a month throughout the year, but the last month has been super busy. Here is their link if anyone is interested...http://icraeastbay.org/index.html

If anyone live in the SF Bay Area, please feel free to come and support another good kitty group.

Nikki this is a great thing this org does and well please do keep me posted in case for the future i would love to make and donate something too to the silent auction...

that buy it now table sounds like a great idea...

Do they have the buy it now table always there or just once a year?

Please do post photos....

hugs

Lillibet

Just once a year. They don't have a shelter space, they set up a mobile adoption at the local petcos on the weekends, and all the cats stay with their network of foster families during the week. In this way they keep the overhead a little lower, and the kitties get loved and socialized so that they integrate into their new home quicker. I adopted my 1st senior from them about a decade ago. He taught me so much, and I will be forever grateful.

Hey Nikki, It's not a hijack if we're asking. :D Two years ago, our shelter was sponsored by a philanthropic group (I wish I could remember which one) where they had a sock hop and silent auction. I wasn't crocheting much then, and am a quilter "first", so I made a quilt with some cat fabric for the auction. Not sure if I have a picture. post-13802-135897525696_thumb.jpg Oh, I do. My poodle skirt was specially made with a kitty just for me by a friend who is an amazing seamstress. THIS has been a bit of a hijack, I am afraid!

Anyway, I am going to try some of your triangle toys. Thanks for the info!!

• 2 weeks later...

Love the "poodle" skirt! Awesome quilt too. Well the blanket fetched $40, the cat mat/toys basket sold for another $40, and almost all of the 100 cat toys sold.

I am also sending out another 2 dozen cat toys to you tomorrow!

Wow that was awesome Nikki let us know or me any ways next year and I will make some thing also for you the auction....

I'm so happy it turned out well... Great news

Thank you again for more toys.. You are a doll and I will accept them with open arms...

hugs

Lillibet

Well, it happened. We have 3 little furballs in our bathroom. That cat bed that ended up too small because I lost count of my rounds is in use. The shelter was SO full of babies. It was mind boggling.

post-13802-135897529064_thumb.jpg

Sorry that I haven't made it to the post office yet Lillibet. I have a TNR scheduled for next weekend (trying to avoid MORE cute babies) and I took Monday off to release, so maybe I will get there Monday!

Ohhhhh what a cutie... the kittie matches the colors of his bed... thats sooo cute....

Which pattern did you use for that bed???

Dont worry sweetie you send when you can... I know you got your hands full...

When i went to the ASPCA I fell in love with 2 dogs that were there looking for adoptions... I tell ya if i workied in one of them placed I'd bring them all home...

Its so sad to see their sad expressions like saying take me home with you ...

hugs

LIllibet

Nikki -

That lapghan is SO nice. Are those what people call "saltines" - two rounds of a granny's square, or bigger? I tried one of your folded square toys and it took me a long time and I'm not sure I am closing it right, but I had to at least try one.

And Lillibet -

As far as the pattern for the beds go: I can't find it right now but when I do I will post it. Our brand new iMac went kerflewie on us and now we can't get it back until next week, so I don't know when I'll be able to post the pattern. I'm sneaking in from work right now. : )

Hi Lillibet,

Haven't checked in for awhile but I wanted to let you know we have not forgotten about you. :hug

I've gotten a little sidetracked trying to knit some socks and I think I need a break :thair so I will get back to some more pet beds!

Everyone's projects look great so far. :cheer

Dear Shelly you are sooooo sweet my dear....

Dont worry take yiour time we all live in busy lives and we want to do so much things .

Dont worry my dear when you can will be good

hugs

Lillibet

babypoohsmom- the lapghan was regular granny squares 4.5-5" big. I originally wanted to do a saltine one but my with my pattern it would have turned out baby blanket sized, so I opted for bigger squares instead of more. Thanks for the kind words!

Ladies I received some more toys from Nikkidear and will post them this week also received today some kittie blankies from Eneida .... Will post them too ....

Thank you ladies for your labor of love toward the furbabies...

You are all to kind.

hugs

Lillibet

I have a big bag of crocheted cat toys (mice, whirligigs, and curliques, both long and short). I also made some beds a while back, oddly enough using one of your patterns. Some of the toys are stuffed with catnip, but almost all have been stored in a bag with catnip. They're all machine washable. I have lots of LB Homespun left over; I bet they'd like that as rugs. PM me with your address if you're interested. :mouse:cat:sheepjump:hook

Dearest shelly:

I would be more than honored to receive all the great things you got makde for the furbabies...

I know they will love them too....

I have pm'd you my address my dear and again thank you bunches...

hugs

Lillibet

I have a big bag of crocheted cat toys (mice, whirligigs, and curliques, both long and short). I also made some beds a while back, oddly enough using one of your patterns. Some of the toys are stuffed with catnip, but almost all have been stored in a bag with catnip. They're all machine washable. I have lots of LB Homespun left over; I bet they'd like that as rugs. PM me with your address if you're interested. :mouse:cat:sheepjump:hook

LB- I put a flat rate box in the mail to you on Monday. I only got 2 cats as a result of my TNR weekend, but they were both female. That's two more that won't be having kittens, so I guess it was worth the effort. The box has 4 mats and a bag of toys. I'd love to post a picture, but we still don't have our computer back from Apple and I have to sneek peeks at the Ville here at work, so I can't really upload pictures!

Nikki - Thanks for the info on your amazing cat-ghan! I think I need to tuck that picture away (you know, whenever Apple decides to fix our brand new computer) and give that a whirl. I will need to practice color changes in a granny's square. I am a little slow when it comes to new techniques :think!

Hi Lillibet, I would LOVE to help you with this. I have a "furbaby" of my own whom I love and gives lots of love back. I've already made one mat and am going to try the cuddle sack now. Please PM your address so I can get them to you!!! Thanks, Liz

Hi Sweetie I got the package and the toys and mats are so cute.... Thank you sooo much..

I've been sooo busy this week and hurting soooo much i've not had a chance to take photos of the mats i've received and the toys as well...

I will post photos soon...

Thank you soooo ever much....

hugs

Lillibet

LB- I put a flat rate box in the mail to you on Monday. I only got 2 cats as a result of my TNR weekend, but they were both female. That's two more that won't be having kittens, so I guess it was worth the effort. The box has 4 mats and a bag of toys. I'd love to post a picture, but we still don't have our computer back from Apple and I have to sneek peeks at the Ville here at work, so I can't really upload pictures!

Nikki - Thanks for the info on your amazing cat-ghan! I think I need to tuck that picture away (you know, whenever Apple decides to fix our brand new computer) and give that a whirl. I will need to practice color changes in a granny's square. I am a little slow when it comes to new techniques :think!

Nikkidear:

Thank you again for the toys you sent me ..

I will take photos this weekend and post them..

I appreciate you take the time to make and send and donate toys for my charity cause..

All will be welcomed as your time allows...

hugs

Lillibet

quote=Nikkidear;2059900]Glad you got them. I'm going to try to send you a package of toys a month, time willing. :)

Archived