PLease Help: Need Blankies for Kitties and kats and toys too: More Photos Added 4/20/10

moomooo

Hello Tmpinsty:

I would so much love your snuggles for our homeless furbabies...

They pretty much find good homes around here and the best thing is that all cats and dogs are not released just to get rid of them.

Here the organizations screen the new adoptee parents and do home visits and they cant live no more than 1 hour aways...

so this is why i love to help them..

I visited our local ASpca not too long ago for the 1st time and i said Wow when i walked in i had a tour of the place and you can eat off the floor.... it was like nothing i ever seen before..

And of course i saw a couple of woof's i would have loved to bring home but with Foxie also adopted i have hands full....

So my dear thank you again for all your help and when you ready to ship just let me know for my address..

God Bless your kind heart

hugs

Lillibet

i've copied down two patterns for snuggles...i have yarn i can use for this project. as my own morgan (avatar) is a no kill shelter cat...i would love to make some snuggles for the others...i've belonged to morgan for 10 years...she rides around in the truck with me...she laying on a dishcloth i had just finished and was taking a pic of...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Bailey for your kindness i will for sure let you know when they arrive I cant hardly wait to see them..

hugs

LIllibet

Toys were mailed this morning. Hope you like them.

Thank syou sooo much babypoohsmom:

dont worry take your time... I know they are great and will arrive when its their time....

You are tooo kind to even think of help me with my charity works..

GBU

hugs

Lillibet

Hi Lillibet,

I made one cat mat and about a dozen toys in the March charity weekend CAL, but not really enough to fill a flat rate box yet. Just wanted you to know I'm still here.

Thank you so much babypoohsmom:

That all looks so lovely I thank you from the bottom of my heart .

Now that i got to ease of some from crocheting kitty beds as they are with three strands and me and my right arm hurting so bad,

I saw orthopedic surgeon and i thought I'd go right in and get some shots up on my elbow but no... I had to get a nerve test and its showing some damage up in there so i got to back off a bit so your gifts and the gifts that i've received so far will be a great help to my charity works...

So again Thank you bunches....

hugs

Lillibet

Lilibet, I posted this picture on the March charity CAL, but though I'd put it here too. The mat and cat toys will eventually come your way.

[ATTACH]18561[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

if you are still taking in donations i can whip up some toys this month and mail them out at the beginning of May. I have some catnip and yarn laying around so I could make some little cute ones..

Just let me know.

Kristy

Hi Kristy:

Thank you sooo much for offering to help..

I would so much appreciate your toys.... that is sooooo kind of you especially since i'm now going to therapy 3 times a week and well it helps for about 1 hour or so and then back to the same pains again

so I've not been crocheting lots as i would normally..

So any donations of toys you make and send are sooo much appreciated...

PM when you ready to ship for my mailing address...

And again thank U so much.

hugs

Lillibet

if you are still taking in donations i can whip up some toys this month and mail them out at the beginning of May. I have some catnip and yarn laying around so I could make some little cute ones..

Just let me know.

Kristy

• 2 weeks later...

:cheer:cheer:cheerHello Ladies and gents:

Here is a long time due Photos of blankies and toys I've received from some of the lovely ladies here that have been helping me with my charity for

Compassionate Care Animal Hospital and for Little Mews Mission...

All here locally in Upstate NY...

So with out further due here are the photos...

I didnt post sooner cause i couldnt find my gadget for my memory card...

I will not list names of donors so others dont feel bad ,,, as this is voluntary.

But each of you know who you are... and a Huge Thank you to each of you....

If any one wants to donate blankies or kitty toys and or doggie toys please feel free to email me for my address..

hugs

Lillibet

post-6956-135897523364_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897523368_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897523371_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897523374_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897523377_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness, such wonderful and beautiful donations to needy furbabies. Congrats to all the ladies contributing to this wonderful cause. I guess I am going to have to make something and donate too. Ya'll making me feel guilty:blush I've donated to the shelters around here, but not for a while now....so I should get myself busy.

moomoo, are you taking in blankies for dogs too. I see lots of kitty stuff in your pics, so I'm wondering :think

Dear ms daisy:

Yes doggie blankies too are welcomed..

the blankies in the top photo where the toys are ,, those are for doggies as they ae larger..

hugs

Lillibet

Thanks moomoo, I'll have to see what I can do. I really must get back into the swing of things.....I really miss crocheting.....and family is complaining that my yarn stash is everywhere, so I really need to buckle down and do something. Now, If I sit and crochet, will you clean my house? :lol:lol:lol, oh yes, there is weeding outside to do too....any volunteers? :lol:lol:lol

OMG I will make some cat toys for you! I would make blankets/beds but I just do not have the time right now. (I'm in the middle of two baby blankets.)

I agree that the kitty in post 8 is the most adorable kitty. It looks like the ones I used to have as a kid.

Thank you sooo much turtlelove:

The kitties you see in the photos have gone to new adopted homes...

Tahnk you for making toys for the kitties ....

I took some blankies and kitty toys over to the animal hospital yesterday they are sooo appreciative....

So again thank you and i have sent you a PM

hugs

Lillibet

Thank you sooo much turtlelove:

The kitties you see in the photos have gone to new adopted homes...

Tahnk you for making toys for the kitties ....

I took some blankies and kitty toys over to the animal hospital yesterday they are sooo appreciative....

So again thank you and i have sent you a PM

hugs

Lillibet

It's no problem, I love amigurumi and loving helping out, so it's the best of both worlds.

Hey Turtle! Payton was my foster baby! She was an absolute doll. (She was named after Walter Payton, aka "Sweetness")

Lillibet! I am ready for your address. I think I have enough stuff to get my money's worth out of a flat rate box. I will PM you!

HI Sweetie:

I just read this note and I have answered your Pm with my address..

Thank you soooo much for your kindness and help...

hugs

Lillibet

Hey Turtle! Payton was my foster baby! She was an absolute doll. (She was named after Walter Payton, aka "Sweetness")

Lillibet! I am ready for your address. I think I have enough stuff to get my money's worth out of a flat rate box. I will PM you!

Lillibet, do you know who made the toys that look like a square folded over? ARE they a square folded over? Are they stuffed? I like my twirly toys, but I'd like to try other things. I am a quilter and always have batting remnants that I could stuff into toys. If you could just give me a hint on how those are made...

Hi Sweetie :

Bailey made those toys and donated them.

I will contact her and see if she knows where she got the pattern from but i can tell you just by looking at them cause i liked it too soo much i want to make some too,,,

It seems to me its a square of sc's i guess to what ever size one would like to make the triangle... its then folded at a angle and then sc'd around to close...

Yes quilting batting is goodfor that ....

Stormy one of our members here has posted in the origianl patterns link here 2 cat toys and one of them is called a loopy ball I like them cause to me they look like a octopus ... Bailey made some of them too they are in the photo as well...

Well I hope i've been of help til i hear from bailey...

hugs

Lillibet

quote=babypoohsmom;2044719]Lillibet, do you know who made the toys that look like a square folded over? ARE they a square folded over? Are they stuffed? I like my twirly toys, but I'd like to try other things. I am a quilter and always have batting remnants that I could stuff into toys. If you could just give me a hint on how those are made...

Ok, well that is what it looked like to me. I am just never sure if you whipstitch something like that closed or not. I have never sc to close something before but this is the second time in about two weeks someone has mentioned it, so I should probably try it. And trying it on something small like a cat toy seems a good idea.

But if Bailey has any tips, I'll gladly take them.

Thanks.

Lillibet, do you know who made the toys that look like a square folded over? ARE they a square folded over? Are they stuffed? I like my twirly toys, but I'd like to try other things. I am a quilter and always have batting remnants that I could stuff into toys. If you could just give me a hint on how those are made...

Actually I made a bunch of those. Yes they are just a square of sc (base ch 11, sc 10)folded over into a triangle and sc'ed closed. I stuff them with a little polyfil and a large dollop of catnip. I find they are super easy and eat up a lot of those little left over bits of yarn. Alternatively if you knit they can be made the same way with a square of garter stitch or stockinette (co 12)

I should be able to send you out another batch in a week or two. I'm getting ready right now for my local kitty rescue's annual silent auction on the 1st, and I've been crocheting like crazy!

Archived