PLease Help: Need Blankies for Kitties and kats and toys too: More Photos Added 4/20/10

moomooo

Hello ladies:

As many of you know me and my charity project for helping out making blankies and kitty beds for the local animal hospital here where they take in all kitties and kats and dogs and they dont put them to sleep they find homes for them ..

As you know many of you have donated your scrap yarns to me for this project and well although i am always needing them as each blankie i make is done with three 2 strands of yarn and the kitty beds take up 3 strands each I come to you all today to see if any one here can make a blankie and or kitty bed and mail them to me.

Here is the site i use to make the blankies and the snuggle tubes

http://www.snugglesproject.org/content/category/5/15/30/

Then there is also the following site for free patterns to make kitty bed

http://www.moonarts.com/blog/free_patterns/pages/kitty-cozy-print.htm

The other site i use free pattern for cuddle bed and mat is:

http://www.crochetkitten.com

http://www.lasthopeanimalrescue.org/...20Patterns.pdf TOYS

and then of course there is always crochet pattern central to find patterns for pet items...

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com

There is a local lady that takes in all unwanted furbabies PURRRRRRRs and she takes them to the compassionate care animal hospital to get full check up and vaccines and she screens all possible adoptee parents ..

She does this on her own and so I offered to help her with blankies and beds.... and sweaters,,, but she gots many and i just cant crochet fast enough.

Then compassionate Care also run out of theirs too so imagine..

So please if you find it in your heart to make a blankie or bed or sweaters it will be so much appreciated you can PM me for my mailing address...

Or if you cant but can donate the yarn then that too would be appreciated...

Here are a couple of photos of the kitties and cat that got blankies yesterday look at the smiles on these furbabies faces.....

So please help me if you can...

If you cant help with crocheted item nor yarn donation maybe you can help out by donating a baggie of cat nip for the toys i will be making also... this would be so much appreciated too....

Thanks for your time in reading this message...

Your help is much appreciative...

enjoy the photos... by the ways Jeff is the gray tabby with green eyes and he dont fit in the kitty bed i made but he claimed it as his own.....

then Chesse is the black and white cat who claimed the square blankie... and then the black kitty is also up for adoption she fit just right in the smaller kitty bed....

I just uploaded two more photos :

One is Lucy up for adoption in a kitty bed i make and the other is Lucy on one of the blankets i guess she got to see which one she likes to claim hers....

Decisions Decisions...... hehehehehehe...

Arent they just adorable...?????

hugs to all

post-6956-135897484408_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897484412_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897484415_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897484754_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897484758_thumb.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there sweetie:

I went and posted 2 sites where i get free patterns to make these blankies and snuggle beds..

hugs

Do you have directions for making the blankets and beds you would like to receive?

• 2 months later...

Well dear Babypoohsmom:

If you can make and donate some toys that would be a great help...

I dont always get to making so many toys cause the blankies and the kitty beds take up most of my time and yarn....

So that would be appreciated....

I sent you 2 pm's so you can answer me back when you get a chance

hugs

I support a local no kill shelter with toys, blankets and beds, and would be glad to help you. Would you rather have finished items or yarn donations at this point?

Denise you are awesome... Those are cute toys look like mouse how fun yes that would be awesome...

Listen that foster baby is beautiful...I love his eyes.... thats one furbaby i would be able to give up... Just toooooo darn cute.....

Thaks for sharing...

Listen let me see if I find the post of the cal i began and maybe you can post photos there of the toys and baby...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=111644

Check out this link and maybe you can join this CAL and inspire others to help and share their photos...

hugs

Denise did you design that pattern toy or did you get it from online...

If its free maybe you can share the link for us...

even over at the CAL..

hugs

The swirly toy thing was on one of those crochet daily calendars. I have the page. I can email the author and ask if it's ok to share this way. I have found that the technique is quite common, but as a newbie, I like patterns. I have been making these for more than a year now and I don't think I follow the directions anymore.

Thank you Denise for the info on the toy you make it would be nice if you can contact the author and see if she will let us use it for our charity purposes....

Say you never know she might become a ville member too...

Thanks for participating in the CAL...

hugs

The swirly toy thing was on one of those crochet daily calendars. I have the page. I can email the author and ask if it's ok to share this way. I have found that the technique is quite common, but as a newbie, I like patterns. I have been making these for more than a year now and I don't think I follow the directions anymore.

Hey there Lillibet-- PM'd you. I received a ton of WW mostly balls and partial skeind and some half done scrapghans that I don't know what to do with. I thought of you and the kitties!

Dear Alice:

You are so sweet and thoughtfull... I received your Pm and I have replied... thank you for thinking of me ... I always can use scraps and bits and pieces and even uncompleted projects for my furbabies...

So again thank you and i will wait to hear from you

hugs

I would love to help you Lillibet-

I have always wanted to crochet something for my dog but she's bull-headed (akita/sheppherd mix) and would not tolerate a sweater.

My nephew and I put a tank top and tube socks on her once and she chewed the tank top in half getting it off. We laughed so hard we almost passed out. Poor dog,,,,the tube socks really did her in. :rofl

Anywho, on behalf of our "Behemoth" (Bo for short) we (I) will make some snuggle beds for your charity.

The kitties look like they really appreciate all of your hard work. :manyheart

Wow Shelley:

Thak you sooo much for your kindness to and your offer to help...

I can tell ya that yes the kitties love their beds and only god know how he gave them the inteligence to know to curl up in them to feel snugged and fit...

And you would think that they wouldnt like yarn to lay on cause of their fur but yet they feel so good in them..

Everything i go to our local animal hospital they look to see if i am carrying a bag as they know its for the furbabies...

I cant not stop helping them as a day like today my sister had to take in her 5 year chihuahua and origianlly the visit is 35.00 and then meds and well they only charged her the meds...

My sister sews mats for them too when she can get ahold of fabric.

They are so loving in that place and they treat each furbaby with all the love and care just as if they were their own..

So sweetie you tell :dogBo that i say thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you and her will be doing to help my charity....

God bless you shelley and if you need my address give me a hollar...

hugs

I would love to help you Lillibet-

I have always wanted to crochet something for my dog but she's bull-headed (akita/sheppherd mix) and would not tolerate a sweater.

My nephew and I put a tank top and tube socks on her once and she chewed the tank top in half getting it off. We laughed so hard we almost passed out. Poor dog,,,,the tube socks really did her in. :rofl

Anywho, on behalf of our "Behemoth" (Bo for short) we (I) will make some snuggle beds for your charity.

The kitties look like they really appreciate all of your hard work. :manyheart

Thank You sooooo much Nikki i will post photo of your cuties here when i receive them..

Looking forward to seeing your toys..

Thank you soooo much for your help...

hugs

I was wondering if you would be able to use any solid granny squares for your kitty beds? I have a few and I can whip them use pretty quickly using a P hook using 2 strands of yarn. They measure about 6" each.

Also I have started making cat rollies, little crochet balls with a bell inside. I would love to donate those as well.

I crocheted some curls at the end of a short chain. My cat loves it - doesn't care that it doesn't look like a mouse.

At the moment I don't have the yarn to make beds/blankets, but could send some toys.

Sherry That would be great if you can donate them solid granny squares that is what i make solid granning with 2 strands for the mats... For the beds i use three strands. So Yessssss my dear i can use them solid squares and what I'll do is make them a wee larger here ....

Let me tell ya then rollies cat toys I'm making too ... They are quick I use i strand of WW and one strand of fancy fur or any other funky yarn i gots here i have been putting cat nip in them but you also just gave me a idea with the bell in it thanks for the idea....

So yes my dear the rollies will be also welcomed....

Thank you so much ..

PM me when you ready and i'll give ya my addy...

hugs

I was wondering if you would be able to use any solid granny squares for your kitty beds? I have a few and I can whip them use pretty quickly using a P hook using 2 strands of yarn. They measure about 6" each.

Also I have started making cat rollies, little crochet balls with a bell inside. I would love to donate those as well.

DEar Bailey:

You are sooo sweet and kind to want to donate...

I so much appreciate all help and donations to this cause..

Currently I donate to three places that save kitties, cats, doggies, and puppies...

So any and all items donated will be sooo much appreciated...

God Bless you dear for your kind heart...

When you ready to ship PM me or post here for my address..

hugs

I crocheted some curls at the end of a short chain. My cat loves it - doesn't care that it doesn't look like a mouse.

At the moment I don't have the yarn to make beds/blankets, but could send some toys.

i've copied down two patterns for snuggles...i have yarn i can use for this project. as my own morgan (avatar) is a no kill shelter cat...i would love to make some snuggles for the others...i've belonged to morgan for 10 years...she rides around in the truck with me...she laying on a dishcloth i had just finished and was taking a pic of...

Archived