Christmas gifts for the kids

asblount

Im finally done! I started in Oct this year because I wanted all my nieces and nephews and my two little boys to have homemade gifts from their Auntie Ang! I have 3 nieces Alli, Rissa, and Becca that are between 2 and 3 their bdays are like dec 26 jan 1 and mar 13. They get the dolls. And not shown are 2 more of the big alligators they go to my boys Shane and Punky and my little brothers son Landen who are 2 and my oldest is 4. I have a knit plane goes to Landen also. The blue dragon lizard thing is a knit alligator from a Mcall Christmas book but I added my own fingers eyes and triangle things on his back he goes to my nephew Jayden who is 5. There is also a tool belt for my nephew who is 4 Brandon. There should be 2 tiny planes that go to Jack who is 1 and Daniel who will be 1 in Feb. That should be it.

The dolls are from Etsy they are the Open mouth baby from Crea-Me Love her!

The others except noted are all free patterns I found on the web.

The big alligator is from a Mccalls Christmas mag from I think 1980. if anyone knows the book it is also published in I would love to try and find it. I got the pattern from a lady on ebay and she gave me a few pages out of a book well I have tried to find that book because on the pages that dont have the patterns I bought sound like I might want those to! There is a dynamic dragon, princley frog and then the royal alligator which is what he is. I think they are on page like 125 and 137 something like that. BUt also in that book there is a disk doll and blondie if those ring a bell to anyone!

Thanks for looking!

post-24621-135897483778_thumb.jpg

The original pattern was published in the 1975 McCalls Christmas Make-It Ideas magazine. My grandmother gave me the pages with the patterns at around the same time, but the only thing that remains is the page with the picture, and one of the dragons I made. If you find any information about a book that they might be in, or know how I could get copies of the patterns, I'd love to hear it.

The book I think I'm thinking of is McCall's Big Book of Dolls Soft Toys to Knit and Crochet. I'm pretty sure the alligator is in that one but I am not sure about the others. Do you have pictures of the other ones you want to make? Those magazines were absolutely notorious about changing the name of the toys in every publication.... it may or may not be in this book.

No, I don't see a disc doll in this one, sorry. :(

Is that the book with the train on it? I have that one. I bought the pattern twice one in the magazine Mccalls christmas knit and crochet 1980 and then the other one was just pages out of a book. There are a few pictures on the other pages I would just like to find the book and see what else I may want to make!

It sure does have a train on the front cover. I think it is so appalling to cut apart a book to sell single patterns out of it. I just cringe each time thinking a book has been destroyed. :(

That book has some pretty cute things in it though. You should totally check your library system to see if they can get it. It's a pretty common book. I'm almost positive my library system has it and I see it time to time in the library bookstore for like $2 or so. If I ever see it there again I should pick it up for you.

I bought it at Amazon for like 3.00. That was the only train pattern I could find and was the only reason I got it and I have yet made the train! That is the book i got that blue and orange lizard alligator thing in my picture out of. Only I added the spikes on the back and made my own eyes and hands and feet instead of felt. I like that book though I want to make that farm for my sons.

I agree with you on the selling single patterns out of books. HOw is that legal? Isnt that some kind of copywrite issue?

I love the library. I have sucha small one though but if they dont have a book they can get it from the interlibrary loan which I have done on a few books and it has worked out great. Thanks.

I made an alligator similar to that one, however mine came from the micheals website. I did the same thing for all my nieces and nephews and 2 daughters. I also made 22 stuffed snomen, santas and penguins for my daughters class all together. You did a wonderful job they look very nice. I still have a lot of dish towels to crochet.

Archived