Half Pint Child Hat: Dot Matthews (bythehook)

bythehook

Half Pint Child Hat

© 6/17/04 Dorothy “Dot” Matthews. All rights reserved.

Originally published at http://patbythehook.blogdrive.com

This pattern is intended for personal use only. You may do what you want with the items you make, as long as you give Dot credit as the designer, with the following restrictions: you may not sell your items online and you may not sell to retail or wholesale stores or businesses. You are welcome to direct people to this pattern by posting a link to it. This pattern may not be posted on any other site or distributed in any other manner.

post-23-135897483766_thumb.jpg

Materials

I used ww yarn, H hook for hat and F hook for loops.

HAT

With larger hook (H), Ch 4, join

Row 1: Ch 1, 8 sc in ring. Do not join, use marker to show beginning of rows.

Work in back loop only on rows 2 through 20, leaving the front loop free to use later in the pattern. Numbers in ( ) at end of rows, indicates total number of stitches you should have at the end of the row.

Row 2: 2 sc in each st around. (16)

Row 3: (1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) around (24)

Row 4: (1 sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st) around (32)

Row 5: (1 sc in next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st) around (40)

Row 6: 1 sc in each st around (40)

Row 7: (2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 4 sts) around (48)

Row 8: (2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 5 sts) around (56)

Row 9: (2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 6 sts) around (64)

Rows 10 - 20: 1 sc in each st around (64)

AT END OF ROW 20, SL ST IN BOTH LOOPS OF NEXT ST.

SWITCH TO F HOOK

CHAIN LOOPS (the chain loops are placed in the unworked loops of the sc stitches)

With smaller hook, Ch 1, turn, sl st in free loop of last sc made, ch 10, sl st in same loop.

Sl st in free loop of next st, ch 10, sl st in same st. continue for 6 rounds or until it is as "fluffy" as you want it. Fasten off and weave in ends.

:clap wonderful pattern so cute! I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of the pattern or one like the pull-over scarf on your avatar it is exactly the thing i've been looking for! Thanks for sharing so many of your wonderful patterns I always look forward to your hats.:crocheting

• 2 months later...
:clap wonderful pattern so cute! I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of the pattern or one like the pull-over scarf on your avatar it is exactly the thing i've been looking for! Thanks for sharing so many of your wonderful patterns I always look forward to your hats.:crocheting

My avatar is wearing the so simple wimple. The pattern is listed in the accessories category on this page. I'm so glad you like the pattern. :hug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived