Would you like to help with a Shut-In ministry?

Gran

I take things to those who can't get out.

Some are able to do handwork and could use yarn and thread supplies. They would be delighted with any supplies you wish to send. The supplies don't need to be new. Being able to make things to give to others helps them, too.

I also take presents throughout the year. If you'd like to send potholders or kitchen sets, coasters, bookmarks, lap robes, tissue box covers, tissue totes, or anything else suitable for those who are elderly and at the sitting time of life, it'd be a great help. They are glad when someone takes the time to make something for them.

These are people who live in very modest circumstances and don't have Meals on Wheels or other help. I took Thanksgiving dinners to quite a few this year. They appreciated the hot food and the visit.

Thread sizes they use: 3, 5, 10

Yarn they use: worsted weight in acrylic, smooth. (No fragrances please. They are fragile and fragrances irritate the central nervous system, etc.)

Thanks very much! :)

Gran, that is a wonderful idea. With a few surplus skeins of yarn or thread, they can keep busy and make things to share with others in need. I've just packed up all my yarn and hooks for the move home this weekend, but I'd be glad to share as soon as I find them again.

• 2 weeks later...

I was sent a very nice box of yarns and threads for the ladies to use. Thank you very much to the generous donor in MN!

If you find yourself with smooth-textured yarn or thread you don't need, or sewing notions, there are those who crochet, knit, and do plastic-canvas, in this group who would be delighted with whatever you'd like to send.

Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

If you received some things over the holidays that you don't need which are suitable for elderly folks, and would like to pass them on....

Or if you feel inclined to make something small, such as a bookmark, or a cheery fridgie, it would bring them a bit of cheer this winter.

Please send me a PM if you'd like to help.

Thanks very much. :)

I'd be happy to help!!!

let me dig through my stash ... and see what I have to send your way.

I'll also look to see if I have any little goodies that I can send along!

What a Blessing you are to them! :hug

:heart

:mug

Hi!

I'll go diving in the stash tomorrow or Monday. I'm sure I have some extra hooks, yarn, thread, and possibly some plastic canvas stuff too.

I've sent you a PM for an address.

I would love to help you! I have a elderly mother and i know that she enjoys items like this...she is not a shut in but I know how it feels to get little goodies I will send you a PM

Glad to help

Sherri

Pat, your box was a great help! The yarn is going to several ladies, and I'll find out who needs a hook. Thank you so much. You're kind gifts are a happy blessing.

ScoobyDoo, thanks much! I've sent you a PM.

A lovely package with emery boards, nail files, individually wrapped herbal tea bags, and Valentine's cards came. Thank you very much for the generous and thoughtful gifts from Washington. The ladies will be delighted with these.

If you have sent me a package and haven't heard anything from me, could you please send me a PM? I want to make sure that everything has arrived and that I've contacted each one who sends a package.

Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Rhonda2245, thanks for your kind offer. Any pattern you would like to use is fine.

Katchkan's tissue tote is always very well received.

http://www.crochetnbeads.com/files/CP%20Tissue%20Holder.pdf

And here is another pretty tissue tote pattern:

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/newsletters-proofing.php?mode=article&article_id=468

I'd like to take some things for St. Patrick's day.

Here's a shamrock fridgie pattern:

http://www.yarncat.com/shamrockpin.html

Here's the bookmark page at Crochet Pattern Central:

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/bookmarks.php

The ladies would be delighted with crosses or angels, too.

If anyone else would like to send things, could you please send me a PM?

Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Teakaycee, thank you! I'll look for it and let you know when it arrives.

Missmaxx, I picked up your box today and have just sent you a PM. There are sometimes several days between trips to the post office. Thank you very much for your generous gifts. The bookmarks are beautiful! The plastic canvas patterns, hooks, and yarn will be put to very good use. The ladies will very much enjoy the things I plan to take them this round of visits.

A box came from NJ, too. Thank you so much for the hooks, threads, and cotton yarn. These will come in quite handy. To me, those are very special hooks and threads. I appreciate your kindness and generosity. They mean a great deal.

I thank you all for your generosity and kind thoughts. They are a dear blessing.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Sandy, I'm sorry I missed your post. At this point, I only have ladies who crochet, knit, and do plastic canvas work. If that changes, I will send you a PM. Thanks very much for your kind offer. :)

Archived