Tawashi Christmas Gift ?

I recently found the pattern online for Tawashi( http://www.craftstylish.com/item/43848/how-to-crochet-a-tawashi ) and thought it would make great little Christmas gifts if I put a couple in those little cellophane baggies with a tag explaining what they are. I've made a couple of them so far out of Sugar and Cream cotton yarn, but I was reading online that it may be preferable to have acrylic ones for washing dishes. If you were giving/getting a tawashi as a gift, would you think cotton or acrylic would be better? I was thinking with cotton, people could use it to either do dishes or as a bath scrubbie, but I would love to hear other people's opinions:)

I've used both cotton and acrylic for dish scrubbers and bath scrubbers. Acrylic like RH Super Saver has a bit of an exfoliating effect which is nice for bath. Acrylic dries faster, and the RHSS stands up well to cleansers like ajax. I think either is fine, use whichever you prefer to work with I'd say. that's cute pattern.

I love making Tawashi. I sent some to a friend and she was very pleased. I used acrylic yarn because is what the patterns I found and the one I used called for and it scrubs better. Works very well, and I think the acrylic dries quicker, IMO. Doesn't get as soggy, again IMO. I also had a lot of scrap pieces of acrylic and was a great way to use them up.

Archived