craftimama

Thread CAL -- vintage, doilies....all things Thread Crochet!!

I got the main part finished, just need to work on the flowers & leaves now :D

It measures 10.5" pre-blocking with a 3" centre circle. A fair bit smaller than the original but I am using a smaller hook.

post-14036-135897483287_thumb.jpg

Nice! Mine came out about the same size as yours - I think the designer must have a loose tension. About time for me to take mine out and start decorating for the holidays! :wink

Thanks for sharing the picture Kookaloo! :) Such a pretty pattern -- it will be gorgeous when it's finished!!

Granny_square -- any decisions on a pattern??

Here are a couple of the angels and bells I have been working on.

I got the pattern for these from big thread book of ornaments.

IMG_0500.jpg

Edited by steelerlady

IMG_0500.jpg

love the angels! I have patterns for some but haven't got around to making any for myself :blush

I am NOT doing the holly leaf from the pattern I'm using, I can't make it look nice so I used one from "100 flowers to knit & crochet" and I like how this one has turned out. 2 down, 4 more to go :D

post-14036-135897484404_thumb.jpg

Granny_square -- any decisions on a pattern??

Not yet, I'm still flipping thru my patterns....:sigh I'm thinking I should find a smallish one to keep me busy in the meantime. I might go back and look at antique patterns.com again, I really like the vintage ones even though the instructions are sometimes challenging.

I am working on my third thread afghan.. I finished one already in beige and now working on my second one in verigated pastels...I donate these to the hospital. I bought 50 balls of verigated pastel thread for .99 a ball and couldn't think of anything to make with it, so decided to make the afghans...here are some pix

Lovely!

Oh sorry, I should have posted the link to the Crochet World errata, duh :oops

Here is my finished AntimaCATssar, no I'm not that speedy I was on the border when the CAL started! The pattern is from Sept. 1984 Woman's day magazine.

AntimaCATssar is fabulous! :clap :clap :clap

IMG_0500.jpg

Oh, my goodness. Those are lovely!

It will be finished tomorrow :D

Very, very pretty.

I'm in, but not until after Christmas. I have a doily in progress somewhere. And I just designed four thread snowflakes which will get posted before long. I have all my grandmother's crochet books from the 40's and 50's and love the patterns in them. :D The ones that I use a lot I have laminated to protect them and keep them from disintegrating any more than they already have. There are a couple of filet pieces that I'd like to do for me, too. :yarn

I'm working on a wreath doily right now as a CAL in another group.And then will be working on a year long one with the same group. It's a bedspread. Can't wait to do this one. So I'll be working along with you too. I know I'm so quiet that no one probably remembers me. I have been busy and forget to jump in here since I have alot going on. Physically too, I have MS and have to space out cleaning, etc so I don't over due and end up to tired to do anything else. I have actually fell asleep with hook and yarn in hand. Wake up glasses smudged, and project out of my hands LOL :lol

I'd like to share this if I may....

I haven't been able to show it off until now but I just got a message saying that the recipient has received it and I'm proud to show it off to my fellow threadies :)

Hi all, it looks like we will be a busy crowd after the holiday!

I picked an antique 1915 pattern from antiquepatterns.org, I'm a few rows into it and I'm finding errors on top of the omissions and peculiarities you expect from patterns of this vintage. Thank goodness there's a photo, although small and fuzzy. It's got a bit of a Cluny lace element. The author is Robinson (the books on that website are sorted by author), the title is "Centerpieces and Doilies", I'm doing #56 (it's in the second pdf file).

You're a brave woman tackling those antique patterns! I love to look through them but I don't know if I'm quite up to the standard of working from those old time patterns.

I'd like to share this if I may....

I haven't been able to show it off until now but I just got a message saying that the recipient has received it and I'm proud to show it off to my fellow threadies :)

Fantastic! It is so very lovely! No wonder you had trouble sending it off.

Kookaloo - I :bheart that runner! the :2snowman:2snowman are so cool!

I continue to :lurk, and :dreaming about coming to play! :hyper

alas... a few :ctree are between me and this CAL...

I really want to start that bedspread for my MIL, and have an itchin' to stitch the Christmas Village (Leisure Arts leaflet). I made that one before, and it was so much fun!

I better go and get those gifts done... QUICK!:devil

Have a great day, all!

Edited by a_stitchintime

You're a brave woman tackling those antique patterns!
They are kind of like working a crossword puzzle sometimes. I like to think about the ladies who worked these patterns before me...did someone in San Franciso visit the 1915 World's Fair and come home to work on this doily pattern? Or maybe worked on it a couple of years later, waiting for her doughboy son to come back home?

They are kind of like working a crossword puzzle sometimes. I like to think about the ladies who worked these patterns before me...did someone in San Franciso visit the 1915 World's Fair and come home to work on this doily pattern? Or maybe worked on it a couple of years later, waiting for her doughboy son to come back home?

I totally agree! I always feel so nostalgic when I'm working from a vintage pattern!

Count me in on all this thread fun:cheer:cheer, I just pulled out a few of my thread books last night....

All done & dusted ;)

Kookaloo, that is fabulous! Absolutely beautiful.

I pulled out one of my books from 1931 and looked up the pattern for the filet peacock that is in it. It's as pretty as I remember. It's definitely in the running as the next thread item for me to do after the holidays.