December Charity Flurry Completed - Totals post#61

Needle Arts

Welcome, Beth :flower Sounds like you have been busy :crocheting

Yesterday I made two little bags...I was thinking sachet bags but they could be used for lots of different things. It was fun to look through my stash of buttons and ribbons and decorate them. :artist I think I'll make a couple more of those today.

Scooby do you have an edgery doo or do you have another method to poke holes in the fleece? I've wanted to try some of those...I have a ton of fleece that I bought at Joanne's remnant bins in the summer for 75% off that are big enough for baby blankets

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'morning everyone....just pryed by eyes open. Didn't go to bed until 2:30am and yes, I was up crocheting another scarf. "One more row" kept going through my head.

Stirring my hot chocolate with a candy cane for a little extra flavor, love the smell (and my hips love the calories). Its no wonder I gain in the winter. Our weather has moderated and we are up to 44 and rain. So "Calories, here I come...I'm going for a walk today!" (Just not yet.)

This blast is going by too quickly. Think I'll work on 6x9 rectangles today. I have to work tonight so won't compile our total projects until tomorrow morning. I'm impressed by what we've done so far knowing that the holiday time crunch is in the air. Good work everyone. Keep that :yarn moving!

Welcome, Beth :flower Sounds like you have been busy :crocheting

Yesterday I made two little bags...I was thinking sachet bags but they could be used for lots of different things. It was fun to look through my stash of buttons and ribbons and decorate them. :artist I think I'll make a couple more of those today.

Scooby do you have an edgery doo or do you have another method to poke holes in the fleece? I've wanted to try some of those...I have a ton of fleece that I bought at Joanne's remnant bins in the summer for 75% off that are big enough for baby blankets

Actually I don't have an Edgery Doo, but am getting one for Christmas :yay:cheer:clap. My fiance told me to go ahead and order one and that will be part of my Christmas as he claims he just doesn't know what to get me. :think DUH anything :yarn or crochet related :lol. The blanket I edged last night is one that I found in my UFOs, and I bought it at walmart. A while back walmart had these little fleece baby blankets for $1 and the edging was just one row of very fine thread. I removed the thread edging and just used the holes that were already there. Sorry I didn't get photos up today but have been very busy trying to get my Christmas shopping done and other household chores but I will try to post pics tomorrow.

:cheer:clap:yay WTG getting your little bags made.

:wooBarklikeaduck getting your snuggles done!!!

Wow this month's charity event went by way to fast. I still want to do more :lol. I will have to make sure I post my totals as soon as I can in the morning. Have a good nite everyone.

Last morning treat....hmmmmmm

Warm cinnamon/sugar donut holes and milk!

I'm so glad these are only virtual calories though I did go for a walk yesterday.

Thanks for updating your totals. I've tried to keep a running log and will recap that in just a few minutes. Came here to see how we were doing while my morning coffee brewed. Back with totals shortly.

Here is a link to a nice hat pattern that I posted earlier under another thread (I think in the wrong place). I like it because of the different sizing.

http://purplekittyyarns.com/print/69

I printed it off for my "pattern library" that seems to grow by the day.

Thanks for the pattern. I saved it. I too like the various alterations to allow lots of different sizes.

I am sorry to report that I didn't get anything made this time. I am planning to do some this month after the Christmas rush is over. It just didn't happen last weekend.

You have made some really gorgeous things. Way to go! I'll be back with you next year. Happy Holidays everyone!

We rocked!

Baby hats: 10

Toddler hats: 2

Scarves: 5

Premie 'ghan: 1

Edged blanket: 1

Doilies: 7

Lapghan: 1

6x9 rectangles: 15

12' square: 1

Yoyo's: 13

Small bags: 4

Small pet snuggle: 4

Med pet snuggle:

We rocked!

Baby hats: 11

Toddler hats: 2

Scarves: 5

Premie 'ghan: 1

Edged blanket: 1

Doilies: 7

Lapghan: 1

6x9 rectangles: 15

5" squares: 4

12' square: 1

Yoyo's: 45

Small bags: 4

Small pet snuggle: 4

Med pet snuggle: 3

Rows/Shelter blanket: 4

Total items: 108 (adjusted for updates)

Congratulations to all and thank you for thinking of others so generously while you share your love of our craft!

See you in: JANUARY 2010!

(please let me know if I missed anyone..)

Well somehow I posted totals twice.

busy-bee-lmt -- not to worry. Glad you liked the hat pattern. I plan to use the sizing and yarns as a guide for other hat patterns as well. I too printed this off and saved it to my computer. Now to remember where I filed the hard copy and under what category on my hard drive. Hard copies kind of get lost in the sea of paperwork (patterns) around my computer sometimes. To keep this fresh in my mind I think I'm going to work on hats for the January 2010 Charity Blast. Hope to see you there.

:hi ME TOO! ME TOO!

Didn't we have 'til midnight last night? So I finished up around 11:00pm. Maybe you can edit the tally to add my 15 yo-yos and two granny daughters. I also did four rows on the blanket for the homeless shelter's warming center, though I know that doesn't tally until it is finished.

post-19794-135897485828_thumb.jpg

I know it doesn't seem like much, but things are so hectic this time of year, and even though the yo-yos take no time at all, it is now taking two hours to get around the blanket. That is eight hours of work.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +4/YTD: +20

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

December Charity Flurry Dec 10th - Dec 15th

post-19794-135897485819_thumb.jpg

:oopsI didn't get my totals posted in time, sorry, but this is what I did for the month:

30 yo-yos

2 baby hats

1 fleece blanket

1 preemie blanket

1 scarf

4 5" squares

I promise I am going to post pics here in a little while of the fleece blanket and hat. I am just way behind today getting everything done. I :smiling and just feel so rushed this time of the year and I don't like it :rofl.

Beautiful!

:cheer:clap:yayWTG Pattern, great job. I :manyheartthem!!!

Here are pics of the baby blanket I edged and the matching hat.

Lovely!

I just wanted to make a quick post - if anyone wants to send a scarf for the Christmas Eve drop off at the homeless veterans shelter you should mail it by tomorrow. Also, this is an ongoing project and I will be making/delivering scarves until the end of March. After March (or later if its still freezing cold) I will... collect for delivery in Fall 2010 (probably deliver on Halloween).

Thank you all for your support on this project and I wish you a very safe and happy holiday!

Beth

http://www.Hugs4Heroes.com

I just wanted to make a quick post - if anyone wants to send a scarf for the Christmas Eve drop off at the homeless veterans shelter you should mail it by tomorrow. Also, this is an ongoing project and I will be making/delivering scarves until the end of March. After March (or later if its still freezing cold) I will... collect for delivery in Fall 2010 (probably deliver on Halloween).

Thank you all for your support on this project and I wish you a very safe and happy holiday!

Beth

www.Hugs4Heroes.com

I didn't realize you would be accepting scarves into March...I'll try and help. Do you have a separate thread in the charity CALs?

I am actually accepting them year-round but wont be delivering them when I know they won't need them - I just want to make sure the scarves are not stuck in a closet at the shelter and forgotten - so I will save them for delivery in the fall. I do not have a thread in the Charity CAL's but that's a great idea! I am going to look into that now.

I am actually accepting them year-round but wont be delivering them when I know they won't need them - I just want to make sure the scarves are not stuck in a closet at the shelter and forgotten - so I will save them for delivery in the fall. I do not have a thread in the Charity CAL's but that's a great idea! I am going to look into that now.

I'll check out the charity threads, then - this way I won't forget to make and send them.

Archived