December Charity Flurry Completed - Totals post#61

Needle Arts

DECEMBER CHARITY "FLURRY" DEC 10th - Dec 15th

I'm looking forward to being your host this month. I know the pressure we allow the holidays to impart but I hope to see many of you next week. May our "flurries" be colorful, bright and warm; not white, icey and cold. I'll be serving virtual spiced apple cider to start us off and take the chill out of the air and keep us warmed through the weekend.

What charity project are you going to be working on?

Note to self:

Virtual grocery list: apple cider, cinnamon sticks, cloves, cheese cloth, holiday cups/napkins, ?? cookies

Reminder: assemble yarn and pick pattern (maybe scarves from red/white/green varigated yarn....hmmmm)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello, I'm kind of new here. What is "DECEMBER CHARITY FLURRY"?

We crochet for the charity of our choice, whether it be making blankets, squares, hats, scarves etc. We post what we are making and how many we got done during the time frame. Some of us also take pics of what we got done. At the end of the event,we post our final number of items made and the host will tally up how many items we, as a group, got done.

Thanks for the reminder Needle Arts, as I almost forgot. :hugThanks for hosting for us this month. I will get my :yarn and :chook

ready to go.

As expected I haven't finished the blanket (6'x4' rectangular granny) for the homeless shelter's warming center. It is really needed now with our night time temperatures dipping in the low 20s :wcold during this rare arctic blast. Glad I got one in to them back in October. At this point it is only 4'x2-1/2' and takes a good two hours to go around (I'm slow). And I'm about to run out of the black Caron 1 Pound, the main "color". I will commit to four more rounds for the flurry. I'll see if I can get a pic, even though it doesn't contribute to the tally.

Maybe even do a few yo-yo's.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +20

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

December Charity Flurry Dec 10th - Dec 15th

Hey, four rounds are four less you have to do to get it done and it sounds like you are over halfway! I have a single crochet/back loop that I started when Project Linus put out a call for teen sized 'ghans some time ago. It's 6'x3' currently and I'm struggling too. This will be my LAST single crochet project for awhile.

No snow yet though it is in our forecast for possibility this weekend. I promised my DD that we would finish Christmas shopping on Saturday (we have to mail all pkgs this year). We'll be in and out quickly and I will be able to visit a LYS near her on my way home. Must keep my hands behind my back.

I've pulled out yarn for scarves and possibly a hat or two.

See you on Thursday!

I think I am ready :lol. While organizing my craft room today, I got some scrap yarn together to make yo-yos, probably some granny squares and I don't know what else yet. See you all in a couple of days.

I don't do cold weather well! Got up this morning and it was 15 degrees. I know for some of you this is normal for this time of year but here in the Pacific Northwest it is bone chilling cold. We just don't get weather like this. It is too cold to be outside so will be an incentive to work on my charity projects.

Anytime after midnight your time....hopefully, I've gone to bed at a reasonable hour and I'll be up by 6am (I'm two hours earlier than you). I like to crochet while I enjoy my morning coffee and the house is still quiet.

I am doing Christmas doilies this time. A local group has items available for people to pick from during the Christmas season and these will be going to their event on Saturday. I got one done last night and have another started.

We had a huge wind storm here night before last and we lost a tree. Yesterday was spent cutting the tree up and moving the wood. Isn't winter fun?

Hi!

I almost forgot to look for you guys!

I'm finishung a lapghan for Fisher House - it's close to getting done. Then I'll be working on HAP rectangles.

I am doing Christmas doilies this time. A local group has items available for people to pick from during the Christmas season and these will be going to their event on Saturday. I got one done last night and have another started.

We had a huge wind storm here night before last and we lost a tree. Yesterday was spent cutting the tree up and moving the wood. Isn't winter fun?

:yayWTG getting one doily done. Oh no so sorry to hear that you lost a tree. I hope it didn't do any damage. Winter is always full of those "fun" things to do :lol.

Hi!

I almost forgot to look for you guys!

I'm finishung a lapghan for Fisher House - it's close to getting done. Then I'll be working on HAP rectangles.

Hi Judy!!! Glad you remembered us and are joining in.

So far I have 13 yo-yos made and I started on a preemie blanket.

Drat, more work came in overnight and I'm checking in while I take a break. I started a curly scarf in a red/white/green yarn. I like the pattern but it really doesn't show off the yarn and is more an accessory than a functional warm scarf. Will be changing to another more functional pattern when this is completed.

To warm you and keep those fingers working...I just put the makings of mulled cider on to simmer and am warming cinnamon rolls. Want to join me? I'll put your name on a cup. :devil

Got another doily done. Can't seem to get the pictures to upload right now---will try later. It's a blustery night and I'm sitting here with a nice hot cup of Nestle's hot cocoa trying to keep warm and about to start my third doily.

13 yo yo's is great! Can't wait to see the preemie blanket.

Accessories are just as important as functional--good for the spirit sometimes

I always enjoy seeing how you put the colors together Judianne...look forward to the newest for Fisher House

:cheer:clap:yayWTG Patterncollector on getting another doily done. :cheer:clap:yay NeedleArts getting the scarf done and can't wait to see the picture.

I finished the preemie ghan and will take pics in the morning of it. I am not sure what I am going to do next but will start working on something :lol. Probably a few more yo-yos and ??????

I always enjoy seeing how you put the colors together Judianne...look forward to the newest for Fisher House

Thanks... This is just using red white and blue as I had 3 donated squares in those colors and didn't want to see them wasted.

2 more squares to finish and attach. Yesterday I played domestic goddess, making beef stroganoff for dinner and brownies (boxed) for dinner, so not much hook time.

DH loved it.:manyheart

Archived