Chihuahua Sweater

Grazzhopper

Yesterday evening i adopted a chihuaha from a family who couldnt keep him because their 2 year old girl would mis treat him. He was also mistreated when they adopted him from a shelter. He has a nice home now and isnt going anywhere. They named him Hank, so here is hank in his new sweater.

I didnt use a pattern, just improvised and came up with this...lol. Its a fun challenge to try and create your own patterns. I didnt get the best shots, he was busy eating and trying to give me kisses :yay.

post-27324-135897479713_thumb.jpg

post-27324-135897479715_thumb.jpg

How cute! I have 2 chis and they are the most loving little babies I could ask for. My mil adopted a chi who had been mistreated and she has become a sweetheart (the chi not my mil lol!). Many people think chis are great pets for kids but they aren't! Chis can not handle a lot of frisky play that kids like to have with dogs. I think you and Hank will be very happy.

Awww, Hank is adorable and his little sweater looks great on him. You did a nice job! Bless you for taking Hank into your home. I have never had a Chi but do know a lot about all breeds and they are definately NOT a breed to pair with young children. I'm sure Hank will live a long and happy life with his new family

I have tried to make my Sissie a sweater and they never fit. She is 8 lbs and has a longer body than a full blooded chi. Advise me if you can how to fit her. I love the style and it looks easy ( : Thanks

I have tried to make my Sissie a sweater and they never fit. She is 8 lbs and has a longer body than a full blooded chi. Advise me if you can how to fit her. I love the style and it looks easy ( : Thanks

The way i start my pattern is by making a chain long enough to fit around the largest part of their belly. Then i dc in each ch across, turn and dc across. I keep making rows till i get the length i want to cover their belly to their front legs, and i stop and wrap it around the dog to meet both sides under their belly to see if it meets together without stretching. Thats my way of doing it,lol. I hope that makes sense to you. I will be making my mother a sweater for her chi, so this time i will write it down as i do it, and will post it. Hopefully it will make sense to everyone, ive never posted patterns before so that other people could use. Always been afraid i wont explain properly. Feel free to send me a post on here :)

Thanks for the instructions:clap! I'll give it a try after I finish my two commitments I'm crocheting :crocheting now. I am a sap for Chi's too! Hank looks a lot like our first Chi Joey (deceased). Sissy loves :heart kids (must be the mix in her) but hides from the grandchildren now because they constantly want to pick her up but old Joey didn't like kids :boxperiod! I hope you enjoy many years with your Hank

I love the sweater you made him thank God you where there to get him before some more harm came to him. Many years ago I adopted a dog that had been mistreated he became the most loving dog I ever had. Congratulations on your new fur baby he is so cute.

I just got a new chihuahua puppy yesterday. She only 10 weeks and weighs like 20 ounces, so I couldn't even find a sweater for her when I was at the pet store today. Thanks for the instructions. Once things settle down here in a few days, I'll have to see if I can make one to fit her.

I havnt been on the pc for a few days. I will be posting the sweater pattern. I need to make another sweater step by step with pictures for people to be able to understand how ive made it. The sweater was trial and error.

Archived