luckybmr

[Support Crochetville] Placing an Amazon order - use the Crochetville Link!

I placed an Amazon order today and used the link seen at the bottom of many of the Crochetville threads. Was really easy and no problems at all. Hope Crochetville gets something from my order! Thanks again for a great site.

If you are placing an order with Amazon, please consider using the Crochetville link - thanks.

Thank you so much, everyone! Yes, as long as you click our associate link to get to Amazon, and then place you order without closing out your browser window, Crochetville will receive a little bit of credit from your order. :cheer

It doesn't cost you any extra (except for the effort of remembering to click the link!), and we get a tiny little bit of money based on a percentage of the total of your order. The amount from any individual order usually isn't much, but with over 34,000 registered members and 140,000 unique monthly visitors, it could all add up!

When the site makes money, that means Donna and I can justify spending more hours than we already do improving the site, and we also have funds available that allow us to invest in new software, more expensive site hosting options that offer better system peformance, and so on.

I've been doing this for a while now. I took someone elses suggestion and put it as a desktop icon. Whenever I want to order something from Amazon, I just click on that. Easy as can be.

Debbi

I don't remember how I did it. But I just tried.

Open the Amazon link and then right click somewhere there isn't a pic or text, to bring up a drop down list (or it goes up depends where your cursor is). Choose "Create Shortcut" and it will ask you to verify. Choose yes.

Oops, sorry! I didn't know about this until AFTER I spent lots of $$ on Amazon! Next time, I will make sure that I click on the link!

Amy, wondering if this would work for Canadians? If I click the link, then click their link to go to Amazon.ca from that site would you still receive credit?