Comfortghans for Slain Police Officers Families Need 12" squares

losingmymind2

Looking for 12" squares in Red, White and/or Blue; solid or varigated to be assembled into 4 Comfortghans for the families of the officers killed in Washington State today.

A friend in that area will assemble and deliver them, but we can't make this happen without your help. If you can help with a square, please feel free to use any pattern you like, simple grannies are fine if that's what you do best.

12/18 Sadly updated to add we are also making one for the officer in AZ killed today.

12/29 Pierce County lost another officer, leaving a wife and two kids.

Kathy, you are simply amazing for being able to think of others after your recent loss. :hug

Let me search through my stash and see if I have anything suitable. If not, it may be this weekend before I can get to the store.

My husband deals with the police all the time in his business, and people sometimes forget the officers have families. I applaud the wonderful thing you are doing for the slain officers families. Please count me in for 4 squares. PM me your address.

I will definately make squares, I will try for 4, and get them out hopefully within a week or 10 days. Is that time frame ok. Please PM me where to mail them

Debbie

Ohhh what a great idea. How generous of you! I bought a skein of RHSS red, white & blue variegated yarn just because it was on sale and have no plans for it. So I should be able to whip up a square or two out of it.

I bought Red Heart Super Saver- Cherry Red - and made a pattern I'm been wanting to try ("Shield of Honor" by Mindy Hobgood). It was meant to use two colors like two shades of gray but I made mine red and it looks good. So I will be making 4 in cherry red. Good Luck all with your efforts!

I think I've gotten the address to everyone who asked. If I leave to go back to NC before they're all in, Mom has agreed to take charge of them as her contribution. Please feel free to tag your squares with your name/state and/or words of encouragement.

I've gotten a few more squares done, and will hopefully finish at least one or two more before I hit the road later this week. If I don't get right back to you, please be patient as I'll be a few days w/o internet :eek

My friend's husband is on the same shift but wasn't working that day. Their family is going through a very rough time right now- I cannot imagine the pain of the families who lost loved ones.

Please count me in for 2 squares (1 red and 1 blue.)

Archived