Bobble Beauty Hat: Dot Matthews (bythehook)

bythehook

Bobble Beauty Hat

© 10/30/04 Dorothy “Dot” Matthews. All rights reserved.

Originally published at http://patbythehook.blogdrive.com

This pattern is intended for personal use only. You may do what you want with the items you make, as long as you give Dot credit as the designer, with the following restrictions: you may not sell your items online and you may not sell to retail or wholesale stores or businesses. You are welcome to direct people to this pattern by posting a link to it. This pattern may not be posted on any other site or distributed in any other manner.

post-23-135897479019_thumb.jpg

Materials:

K hook

worsted weight yarn

SPECIALTY STITCH:

Bobble Stitch: holding last loop of ea st on hook, 5 dc in next st, yo, draw thru all 6 loops on hook, ch 1 to close the bobble.

NOTE 1: beginning ch does not count as a stitch

NOTE 2: when join rounds, ignore the beginning st and join in first real stitch.

NOTE 3: numbers in ( ) at end of row depicts number of stitches you should have for that row.

ROW 1: ch 4, 12 dc in first st, join in first dc. (12 sts)

ROW 2: ch 3, 2 dc in ea stitch around, join in first dc. (24 sts)

ROW 3: ch 3, 2 dc in same st as join, 1 dc in next st, (2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st) around. Join in first dc. (36 sts)

ROW 4: ch 3, 2 dc in same st as join, 1 dc in next 2 sts (2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next 2 sts) around. Join in first dc. (48 sts)

ROW 5: ch 3, 2 dc in same st as join, 1 dc in next 3 sts (2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next 3 sts) around. Join in first dc. (60 sts)

ROW 6: ch 3, 1 dc in ea st around. Join in first dc. (60 sts)

ROW 7: repeat row 6. (60 sts)

ROW 8: repeat row 6. (60 sts)

ROW 9 Bobble Stitch row: ch 3, bobble st in same st as join, dc in next st, (bobble st in next st, dc in next st), around, join in top of first bobble st. (30 bobbles and 30 dc)

ROW 10: ch 1, sc in same st as join, (sc in sc of next bobble, sc in next dc) around, join in first sc. (60 sts)

ROW 11: Bobble Stitch row: ch 3, bobble st in same st as join, dc in next st, (bobble st in next st, dc in next st), around, join in top of first bobble st. (30 bobbles and 30 dc)

ROW 12: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, sc in next st and in ea st around. Join in first sc. (60 sts)

NOTE: Hat size can be adjusted at this point. For a larger size, repeat row 12 instead of doing row 13, then go on to row 14.

ROW 13: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, sc in next 2 sts, (dec over next 2 sts, sc in next 3 sts) around. Join in first sc. (48 sts)

ROW 14: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, sc in next st and in ea st around. Join in first sc. (48 sts)

ROW 15: Repeat row 14 (48 sts)

ROW 16: Repeat row 14 (48 sts)

ROW 17: Rpeat row 14 (48 sts)

ROW 18: ch 1, sl in same st as join, ch 1, (sl st in next st, ch 1) around, join in first st.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

• 1 month later...

OMG - I can't tell you how GREAT this pattern is! I've made at least ten hats out of this great pattern, and it's worked EVERY time. I've even used different types and thicknesses of yarn and different sized hooks.....it's practically foolproof. Of all the designer's patterns I've used over the years, Dot is the BEST!!! Her patterns are easy to follow (a great boon to people like me to hate "frogging"), and I seem to get more compliments from the projects I make from her wonderful patterns.

Juli from Texas

• 7 months later...

As I am new to this site, I thought I would try to find a hat for our damp winters here in England, and going by 'Juli from Texas' 's review, I must try this right away, I have some wool in a beautiful bluey colour that I think will look great. Keep your fingers crossed!

thanks for the pattern,

barbs ;-)

Let us know how it turns out for you and post pictures if you can. Would love to see the results. It may be something I make for my granddaughter.

And.....welcome to the forum.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived