Hascarf (hat scarf): Dot Matthews (bythehook)

bythehook

Hascarf (Hat Scarf)

© 1/22/05 Dorothy “Dot” Matthews. All rights reserved.

Originally published at http://patbythehook.blogdrive.com

This pattern is intended for personal use only. You may do what you want with the items you make, as long as you give Dot credit as the designer, with the following restrictions: you may not sell your items online and you may not sell to retail or wholesale stores or businesses. You are welcome to direct people to this pattern by posting a link to it. This pattern may not be posted on any other site or distributed in any other manner.

post-23-135897478843_thumb.jpg

Size: Adult hat 21" to 23", hat portion measures 10 1/2" from crown to edge; scarf portion measures 6" by 42" from the bottom of the scarf to the crown of the hat.

Materials:

M hook

Red Heart Super Saver yarn, approximately 8 oz

Pattern is worked holding 2 strands of yarn together

Gauge – 4 dc = 2" and 2 rows = 2"

Abbreviations used:

ch – chain

dc – double crochet

ea – each

sl st – slip stitch

Note 1: ch 2 does not count as a stitch

Note 2: when joining rounds, skip over the beginning chain and join in the first "real" stitch.

Note 3: for a longer scarf, keep working in rows until scarf is as long as you want.

ROW 1: ch 14, dc in 3rd ch from hook and in ea ch to end. (12 dc) ch 2, turn

ROWS 2 thru 40: dc in ea st across. ch 2, turn at the end of ea row. (12 dc)

The next row is worked as a round as follows: crochet in the back loops all the way across. When you get to the end, do not turn, skip the beginning ch 2, then, continue on the same round by crocheting in the front loops of the same row.

ROW 41: ch 2, work in back loop only, dc in ea st across. Do not turn at end of row, skip ch 2, dc in front loops of ea stitch around. Join with a sl st in first dc. Ch 2, turn(24 dc)

ROW 42: *2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st. Repeat from * around. Join with sl st in first dc. (36 dc) Do not turn at the end of the row.

ROWS 43 thru 51: ch 2, dc in ea st around. Join with sl st in first dc. (36 dc) Do not turn at the end of the rows.

ROW 52: ch 1, sc in ea st around. Join with sl st in first sc. (36 sc)

Fasten off and weave in ends.

post-23-135897478849_thumb.jpg

This is very simple & quick to make. I used Dot's pattern last year and made 15 for various family members. I played around with the length of the scarf for children/adults. Handyfor kids and adults. My son in laws were done in orangef or hunting. I had to make thier buddies one also.

Archived