Dot's Extenda Bag: Dot Matthews (bythehook)

bythehook

Dot's Extenda Bag

© 9/6/05 Dorothy “Dot” Matthews. All rights reserved.

Originally published at http://patbythehook.blogdrive.com

This pattern is intended for personal use only. You may do what you want with the items you make, as long as you give Dot credit as the designer, with the following restrictions: you may not sell your items online and you may not sell to retail or wholesale stores or businesses. You are welcome to direct people to this pattern by posting a link to it. This pattern may not be posted on any other site or distributed in any other manner.

post-23-135897477871_thumb.jpg

post-23-135897477879_thumb.jpg

Skill: EASY

Bag statistics: with the bag in a standing position and the bottom flat so it stands alone, height before extention is 4 ½"; height with extension is 7"; Circumference is almost 19". Please note that your measurements may not be exactly the same as mine. Measurements are just to give you an idea of the bag size.

Gauge: not important to this project.

SUPPLIES:

I hook for main bag and G hook for extension

Yarn: 175 yds, 4 ply, worsted weight, main color; and 50 yds contrasting color.

scissors; blunt needle; stitch marker

STITCHES USED: chain, single crochet, slip stitch

ABBREVIATIONS: ch - chain; bl – back loop only; blo – back loop only; fl – front loop; flo – front loop only; sc - single crochet; ea - each; st(s) - stitch(es)

INSTRUCTIONS:

Pattern is worked in a spiral, do not join rounds. Place stitch marker in first st of each round and move it up from round to round.

ROUND 1: ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook (6 sc)

ROUND 2: 2 sc in ea st around. (12 sc)

ROUND 3: *2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st. Repeat from * around. (18 sc)

ROUND 4: *2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 2 sts. Repeat from * around. (24 sc)

ROUND 5: *2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 3 sts. Repeat from * around. (30 sc)

ROUND 6: *2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 4 sts. Repeat from * around. (36 sc)

ROUND 7: *2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 5 sts. Repeat from * around. (42 sc)

ROUND 8: *2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 6 sts. Repeat from * around. (48 sc)

ROUNDS 9 thru 21: 1 sc in ea st around.

ROUND 22: sl st in fl of next st. Place marker in FLO of sl st, sc in flo of ea st around. end with 1 sc in fl of sl st.

ROUND 23: ch 35, sk next 3 sts, sc in next 21 sts, ch 5, sk next 3 sts, sc in next 21 sts.

ROUND 24: sc in next 35 chs, sc in next 21 sts, sc in next 5 chs, sc in next 21 sts.

ROUND 25: sl st in ea st around.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

EXTENSION – switch to G hook

Fold strap rows down toward the outside of the bag, so that the free loops of round 22 are at the top. Attach contrasting yarn in any loop halfway between straps.

ROUND 1: ch 1, sc in ea st around.

ROUNDS 2 - 11: sc in blo of ea st around.

ROUND 3: *ch 3, sk next 2 sts, sc in sc in next st. Repeat from * around. Join in first sc.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

post-23-135897477862_thumb.jpg

post-23-135897477874_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

I thought I'd seen most all the older patterns you had on your website but I don't remember this one. You've a folder of your own in my craft folder so I'm adding this one.

thanks.

Archived