2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finishd a skein working on my fair project for a +2 so far this week. Should have two more done, soon. This is the first time I've ever designed my own afghan and had to figure out how much yarn I need, so I am nervous about having enough.

Well, so far this week I've managed to use up one skein on my sweater and I'm pretty sure I'll be using up another one before the end of the week on my Ladybug Afghan. Now, if I can just stay away from on-line sales and the LYS I should be all set...

Im doing really well this week so far lol I know a large box of yarn may arrive anytime so im working fast on a sampler ghan using up yarn so my score wont be so bad lol Im +14 so far! But that wont be so good if that box shows up before Saturday lol

Dilyca2006,

I got yarn last week but didn't get to post. I got a skein from a friend (-2). Since I did very little :crocheting since the 15th (10 days:eek), I'll subtract it this week. I started using a pounder to :crocheting some squares together. Hardly made a dent because I've been gardening, bicycling and having fun in the sun lately.

WTD: - 2 YTD: + 68

Ellie 13

Well bought two skeins of cotton yarn at Michael's since it was on clearance but I did finish a total of 2 skeins of yarn so +4 there.

A friend came to me last night with a big problem. She fell and twisted her wrist and her hand was swollen. She needed to get a baby afghan done by Fri. night. 36 squares were done and 4 rows were already :crocheting together. I got the rest together and I'll do the border tonight. She said I can have all the leftover yarn, so I'll count it as stash and get points. Anyway, I finished the skein she was using (+1). The pattern says the border uses a full skein (+2). I'll post my final score now (in case I can't get here tomorrow), because the library will be closed all weekend (Memorial Day).

WTD: + 1

Ellie 13

Well fiance bought me a skein of homespun yarn at Michael's needed it though to make a shawl that I want to show the consignment shop so it was for a reason so -2 for today not for the week will update the score now.

Since I am running behind, and didn't remind anyone, shall we post our YTD scores next weekend? That way, we'll still have our running total to keep an eye on our long-term progress, even if it's late.

I post my ytd when I post my wtd, so doesnt matter to me if you want to do it this weekend lol

Well my box of cotton arrived *sigh* lol so I was down 20, but thankfully I was working on this sampler ghan like crazy all week so I am still barely at zero and will be working (hopefully finishing the ghan today) so that will give me at least a few in the black! woot! lol

Okay, I'm putting in my totals now, so I won't forget...

I managed to avoid the railroad tracks this week, so I didn't procure any more yarn and used up 2 skeins, so...

Stashbuster Total: WTD +4 YTD +23

:c9:clap:cheer

Thats fine. then those who have already posted will know to post them next weekend.

Since I am running behind, and didn't remind anyone, shall we post our YTD scores next weekend? That way, we'll still have our running total to keep an eye on our long-term progress, even if it's late.

Still standing still.

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +25

A friend will be giving me free yarn tonight, but I'll have to count it next week 'cause I won't be anywhere near this computer until Tuesday. With such low shoot the moon scores, I am afraid, very afraid.:scared:ohdear

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +25

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Mom gave me 2 skeins of yarn left over from her afghan (gotta love my Mom!!!). I think she is trying to get back at me for helping her pick up her hook again. Now she is getting over loaded with WIM and yarn. lol

Finished 2 thingys of cotton making coasters for my hubby and a friend. Guess that makes me even this week.

WTD Score Big Fat 0

I am going to Micheals today with my yarn enabler friend, TurtleLvr. I know my score will drastically change. But since I won't be back on the puter today, I'll add my numbers to next week's score.

Beth, posting YTD next weekend is fine with me. My score didn't move at all this week because after finishing that boy's afghan (Sweet Stripes; I have a photo on the Show and Tell afghan thread) that used up all those cakes of yarn, I decided to knit the next blanket. And I am the world's slowest knitter, so I'm still on my first skein of yarn!

score for week ending 05/29/10: 0

I'm hoping to make some inroads on a longstanding WIP this weekend. Patty

I'd like to join. I just moved into a condo from a house and the yarn is taking over! :eek

Is there a similar CAL for WIP-busting? I must have 20 or more unfinished projects. I do notice that some people put them in their signature line, but I wonder if there is anything more organized than that?

I'd like to join. I just moved into a condo from a house and the yarn is taking over! :eek

Is there a similar CAL for WIP-busting? I must have 20 or more unfinished projects. I do notice that some people put them in their signature line, but I wonder if there is anything more organized than that?

I'm adding your name to our participant list (post #8.) Thanks for joining us. A WIP-busting thread sounds like a great idea. I think there are several of us who could benefit from something like that (raising my hand sheepishly.)

Archived