2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

i'm not sure about this but i'm willing to give it a try I am glad we dont count all of our yarn i dont think i could count that high:lol :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn and more:yarn so now i have to ghange my sig

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's 12:20 my time but only 13 ladies have posted thus far. I have all their info saved. When I get up in the morning I'll check to see if anyone else has added theirs, if not I will go ahead and post this weeks results.

Sorry I am late posting. Started a new sweater and was not paying attention to the time.

WTD: 9

You do this too? I sit down to crochet :crochetingand forget about housework, eating:pizza, bathroom breaks, etc....It is like I am in a Time Warp:coo. When I start it is daylight :sunand when I finish the sun is gone and Mr Moon has arrived.

i'm not sure about this but i'm willing to give it a try I am glad we dont count all of our yarn i dont think i could count that high:lol :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn and more:yarn so now i have to ghange my sig

You've been added to the participant list. Welcome to our group!

Hope it's not too late, stayed up and finished a baby afghan last night and finished 2 skeins. My score:

WTD +4. YTD -19

STASHBUSTER TOTALS

CLLinda +34 GOLD MEDAL

Needle Arts +9 SILVER MEDAL

lhasaapsolady +6 BRONZE MEDAL

HAPPILY HOOKING ALONG

gshall +4

anu-monty +2

LegalWoman17 +2

walker1021 +2

dilyca2006 +2

crochetmouse +1

basjordan +1

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

DesertCrocheter +1

NO ENDS

MouseCLP +0

pineknott +0

OH I JUST COULDN'T RESIST

fc1123 -1

yarn geek -2

Makinofastar -4

dragonpuck -8

quietheart -25 SHOT THE MOON, you're it next week

STASHBUSTER TOTALS

quietheart -25 SHOT THE MOON, you're it next week

My first shoot the moon!! I've never had to do this before.

I have to keep track of participants in post #8s score for the week. if there is more to it than that, someone let me know!! lol

The good news is that you start at zero! So you just have to count what you add to your stash as negatives, and what you use as positives. Whole skeins are 2 points, balls are 1. Read the first post and post #8 for further explanation. Welcome to our group. I'll add you to our list on post #8.

ok but if i use yarn in my current stash that counts as positive? :D

so if i finish one of the skanes on the Wavey blanket i'm working on I get to give my self a Pos>:crocheting

so far i just started yesterday and not used any up anything yet. but that may change tonight :)

You forgot me on the list, but it's OK. I only had +1. I didn't get any more :crocheting done since then anyway. I used up a ball last night (+1). I'm going to start putting together some squares, I'll be using a pounder so it'll take a while. I got my tomato plants yesterday, so I'll be working in the garden too.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 67

Ellie 13

ok but if i use yarn in my current stash that counts as positive? :D

so if i finish one of the skanes on the Wavey blanket i'm working on I get to give my self a Pos>:crocheting

so far i just started yesterday and not used any up anything yet. but that may change tonight :)

You most definitely get positive points for using up yarn in your stash. If it's a ball, or partially used skein, you get one point, but if you use a new entire skein, you get two.

You lose points for buying yarn, or if someone gives you yarn, or if you harvest your yarn tree (?) or if you frog something.

I have to keep track of participants in post #8s score for the week. if there is more to it than that, someone let me know!! lol

It can't be too hard -- I've been doing it for a couple years!:P

Congrats to all our medalists! and to everyone who has successfully busted stash. And to everyone who has stayed steady. And to everyone who has some new yarn to play with!

It's not as daunting as it looks. There are 80+ people on the participant list, but usually only around 20 people post their scores every week. When it's my turn to post scores, I just write the names and scores down on a piece of paper. (I start with the mid-week posts in case someone posted early.) Then, working down my list, I place people into whichever "section" they belong to. Once I have the order I want, I go through and add headings, comments, color, font changes... It's pretty easy, actually. I just takes a little time.

Okay, I know I'm a day late and a dollar short, but I used up one skein this past week and gained four more (4 skeins of Knitpicks Shimmer Lace yarn just magically "appeared" on my doorstep :devil), so my totals are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -6 YTD +19

It's not as daunting as it looks. There are 80+ people on the participant list, but usually only around 20 people post their scores every week. When it's my turn to post scores, I just write the names and scores down on a piece of paper. (I start with the mid-week posts in case someone posted early.) Then, working down my list, I place people into whichever "section" they belong to. Once I have the order I want, I go through and add headings, comments, color, font changes... It's pretty easy, actually. I just takes a little time.

great! Thanks, I will do my bestest!!

I made a text file with the list from post #8.

And around mid week, like you said, I will begin checking for posts for this week and go from there.

Im sure if I mess up someone will let me know rofl

After getting Gold last week, I went to Hobby Lobby and found two little skeins of bamboo-acrylic yarn that just needed a new home. They looked at me so sad that I had to take them with me.

so I'm at a -4.

:manyheart

NO Skane's totaly used yet but so far I used enough of one color in my wavey ghan to put the remainder of the color into a small ball so I guess so far i have +1 for this week?

NO Skane's totaly used yet but so far I used enough of one color in my wavey ghan to put the remainder of the color into a small ball so I guess so far i have +1 for this week?

yup that's correct

welcome to stashbusting:clap

Archived