2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm making a scrapghan, so I'm going through a lot of little balls of yarn. It's kind of fun to use them up and rack up some points.

:manyheart

Some kind hearted soul just brought me a big bag of ancient old yarn that I can use to make scrap ghans. But that totally throws off my count for this week/year rofl

I will post the complete count on saturday as usual but -37 is messing me up! LOL

I sent 10 yards of badly slubed yarn from a NEW skin to Red Heart :angry

the apologized and sent me 3 as replacement:eek -6

plus had to get 4 skeins to finish a couple of 'ghans -14

but used 4 balls- +4 so -10 :blush for the week so far

will be gone over the weekend so hope to use up a couple of skeins by Friday:yes

:woo I got a gold medal :woo ! I got a couple of silvers and maybe a bronze way back ('08 :think), but I don't think I ever got gold.

I got some tangled yarn from my neighbor yesterday. She said her :cat was "helping" her :lol. She really needed it to finish a project. I de-tangled it and gave it right back. I added an extra ball of the same color from my stash :devil (+1). When she's going to A.C. Moore, she'll ask me if I want to go. I figure I owe her something.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 66

Ellie 13

Finished up some yarn tonight on a baby blanket... only thing was that I was hoping I would be able to finish the blanket too, but I didn't have enough, so I'll have to buy some more. But... as of now I'm +2 for the week!

That's very nice. It looks finished to me, what do you have left to do?

Finished up some yarn tonight on a baby blanket... only thing was that I was hoping I would be able to finish the blanket too, but I didn't have enough, so I'll have to buy some more. But... as of now I'm +2 for the week!

It's beautiful!!!

Well today bought a skein of a one pounder -2 for me. Though in the middle of this week I did have a plus 2. Hopefully next week won't need anymore yarn.

I'm posting early. Busy day ahead. DD came home from her first year at ISU. So now I have tons of laundry to get caught up on.

:manyheart

WTD=+34 YTD=+10

Only bought 2 skeins of yarn when mom and I went to Michaels. She managed to have 2 bags full :devil Then I was able to use 3 skeins during the week.:)

+2

Ended up using some yarn to finish up a large shawl, so my weekly total isnt quite as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it's still my worst for the year yet lol If i end up with shoot the moon someone is going to have to tell me how to do it so I dont mess it up rofl

WTD: -25/ YTD: +78

None came in, none (of mine) went out. Still working on the "Not My Yarn Stash" scarves, so for this week I'm at a

BIG FAT 0

mabey someone can pm me and explain this to me lol.. i'm lost.

Do i count what i have now in my New Craft closet? wow.. that will put me in major negitives !.. i have about 10 boxes of yarn and 1 bag and it's prob. half skanes and half balls(parcials)... and that dont include the 4 full skanes & the 2 almost used one's for the wavey im working on..

mabey someone can pm me and explain this to me lol.. i'm lost.

Do i count what i have now in my New Craft closet? wow.. that will put me in major negitives !.. i have about 10 boxes of yarn and 1 bag and it's prob. half skanes and half balls(parcials)... and that dont include the 4 full skanes & the 2 almost used one's for the wavey im working on..

The good news is that you start at zero! So you just have to count what you add to your stash as negatives, and what you use as positives. Whole skeins are 2 points, balls are 1. Read the first post and post #8 for further explanation. Welcome to our group. I'll add you to our list on post #8.

Do i count what i have now in my New Craft closet?

Thank heavens, NO! :eek Some of us wouldn't be able to count what's already in our stash -- not even with a ten-character calculator. Like Beth said, start at zero and post your plusses (or minuses) every week.

Welcome, and good luck!

Carol is right you don't count what's in your stash I also would be in trouble if I counted what already is in my stash and speaking of stash my score for the weekending May 8,2010:

WTD:-4/YTD:-70

Archived