2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

Yea, I have computer/internet access again! Wow, I got Shoot the Moon for -11? No biggie- I like posting scores, which is a good thing since I picked up more clearance yarn this past week. I bought eighteen skeins and used up two, so I'm at WTD: -32

I'll be posting scores Sunday night after I get home from work, so there's plenty of time to get those scores in.

Hooray for computer access!!! :cheer I'm glad you like posting scores.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well and here I thought I would end up with shoot the moon. Though Hobby Lobby is having a sale on their cotton yarn I have to resist the temptation it's so tempting kicking myself for not waiting until it went on sale but the free shipping got to me.

Wow!:jumpyay Look at all the positive scores!

SKBBamagrl +36 Gold Medal Winner!!! :cheer:clap

basjordan +11 Silver Medal Winner!!! :cheer:clap

LegalWoman17 +8 Bronze Medal Winner!!! :cheer:clap

CLLinda +6

dragonpuck +6

Needle Arts +6

Ellie 13 +5

MouseCLP +5

Braxxi +4

quietheart +4

BigPinkPolkaDot +2

dilyca2006 +2

gshall +2

walker1021 +2

anu-monty +1

Holding steady!

DesertCrocheter 0

Makinofastar 0

PBLKNP 0

pineknott 0

New Yarn!

fc1123 -18

yarn_geek -32 Shoot the Moon (again):devil

Thank you, yarn geek, for posting the scores. Will you be available next week? Also, how do you feel about posting YTD scores?

This is to remind everyone: We are posting YTD scores at the end of this week.

Well, I'm afraid I'm probably going to be in the negative category, come next tally.:devil

I scored some beautiful blue alpaca yarn and some mulitcolored sock yarn at a festival this weekend. I haven't wound the hanks yet, so I'm not sure how many skeins this is going to translate into...I'm going to guess at least 8.

The shame...:devil:blush

Tempting! :devil I actually have some room in my yarn storage right now...

And I USE a room for my yarn storage! (True -- I have my bedroom, the guest room and the yarn room.)

The (Weaverville NC) Art Safari was this past weekend, so I had to go visit the "goat lady" and her angora goats. She spins the mohair with wool and alpaca and hand-paints it. Naturally a skein came home with me so I'm already -2 for this week.

Well, I'm afraid I'm probably going to be in the negative category, come next tally.:devil

I scored some beautiful blue alpaca yarn and some mulitcolored sock yarn at a festival this weekend. I haven't wound the hanks yet, so I'm not sure how many skeins this is going to translate into...I'm going to guess at least 8.

The shame...:devil:blush

Mmmmmmmmm. :drool Sounds DREAMY!:c9

And I USE a room for my yarn storage! (True -- I have my bedroom, the guest room and the yarn room.)

The (Weaverville NC) Art Safari was this past weekend, so I had to go visit the "goat lady" and her angora goats. She spins the mohair with wool and alpaca and hand-paints it. Naturally a skein came home with me so I'm already -2 for this week.

And you didn't invite me? I'm in SE Virginia -- I could have made the trek! :rofl. I hope it was a great time. Your yarn sounds LOVELY!!! What colors? Is it soft as a cloud?

Thank you, yarn geek, for posting the scores. Will you be available next week? Also, how do you feel about posting YTD scores?

I can do both next week as long as no one minds late postings; I'm almost positive I have to work that day (schedule doesn't get done until Wednesday :(.)

I can do both next week as long as no one minds late postings; I'm almost positive I have to work that day (schedule doesn't get done until Wednesday :(.)

Thank you! My dad had a stroke three states away, so I may be travelling this weekend.

Mmmmmmmmm. :drool Sounds DREAMY!:c9

Well, I wound it all up last night and the tally was only 5 skeins, but three are enormous, so it will probably take ages to go through them.

In the meantime, I used up another skein working on my sweater.

And you didn't invite me? I'm in SE Virginia -- I could have made the trek! :rofl. I hope it was a great time. Your yarn sounds LOVELY!!! What colors? Is it soft as a cloud?

It's not quite cloud-like, it's a bulky weigh yarn. The colors are purples/ blues/ greens, and the mohair was gray to start with, so the colors are kind of muted. I'm thinking of using it for a hat or scarf, even though I don't wear either very often.

I'm sorry about your dad; I hope things go well for him (and you, of course). I was going to invite you to E.A.S.T. this weekend (that's East of Asheville Studio Tour, they have a website), but they don't have a goat farm on their tour. :(

I used up a skein and gave a ball away. So I'm up three points already this week! Horray!

:manyheart

I just received a call from my friend, Virginia, and she needs more yarn. So my score will go up by 8 more points!

I finished the turtles :clap. I made 3 - 12" squares, used up 1 ball and rolled a skein down (+2) :cheer. Someone left me some :yarn, 5 partial skeins and 7 balls :angry. I re-gifted them and 2 more balls to the senior center :devil (+14). My WTD is in the double digits :yay:woo:clap.

WTD: + 16 YTD: + 69

Ellie 13

:blush

Thank you! My dad had a stroke three states away, so I may be travelling this weekend.

Be safe in your travels. And I really pray your dad will be ok. :hug

I just received a call from my friend, Virginia, and she needs more yarn. So my score will go up by 8 more points!

Can I borrow your friend. My friend (our own Turtlelvr) seems to find a way to make my stash grow.

basjordan- so sorry to hear about your father; I hope he's doing well.

I bought 10 skeins of yarn on Monday (I needed one for the Wool Eater I'm working on, and the other nine were on clearance.) Yesterday, I finished up two skeins, so I'm at a -16 right now. Must stop buying yarn.... Must stop buying yarn....:devil

Archived