2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

Oh... Did I tell you that our Grandaughter is here. Born at 11:56pm April 12. Isabella Rayne. 20 inches long. 6lbs 3oz and a head full of dark hair just like her daddy had when he was born.

Congratulations! I wish your grandbaby and family much love and happiness!!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im still on the move forward for the year but was sad I broke my non-buying streak for the year after only 4 mos.

Quietheart, that was a very impressive streak. Are you going to start another one, and see how long it will go? You are an inspiration for the rest of us.

Here's my score... WTD +21 YTD -40

Of course, I will be doing the scores bright and early tomorrow morning, so please have scores in tonight.

WTD +5

YTD +39

Looks like I'm not going to make much progress on my own stashbusting for awhile, since I'm busting someone else's stash (see post #1378). All the work without the points. :lol

not making alot of headway with this blanket I'm working on for my MIL...but I know if I start another project there is NO WAY I'll get it done by the time I need to give it to her in early May....so my WTD = +4 and YTD = +29....but next week will be better cause I HAVE GOT to get this DONE!!!!

Here we go folks...

Braxxi +21 Gold Medal

dragonpuck +11 Silver Medal

MouseCLP +5 Bronze Medal

jessc031778 +4

lhapsaapsolady +4

BigPinkPolkaDot +3

NeedleArts +3

gshall +2

LegalWoman17 +2

quietheart +2

basjordan +1

DesertCrocheter +0

dilyca2006 +0

Makinofastar +0

PBLKNP +0

pineknott +0

fc1123 -2

CLLinda -4

anu-monty -8

walker 1021 -8

yarn geek -11 Shoot the Moon

Tag yarn geek! You're it! :lol

Congrats to all! :cheer

Wow! A -11 got shoot the moon, we did GREAT, friends!:manyheart Congratulations to everyone for a good stashbusting week! Yarn geek, if you cannot do the score keeping, let me know.

Well, what do you think? Next Saturday is the last Saturday of the month, but there's almost another whole week of April. Shall we wait to post the YTD scores on May 2?

Congrats everyone! So much stash busted and so little acquired. Pat yourselves on the backs!

I have no problem with waiting until 5/2 to post April's YTD scores. Either way, it'll all balance out in the end.

Wow. We all did really well this past week. only 32 points from Gold Medal to Shoot the Moon.

Here we go folks...

Braxxi +21 Gold Medal

dragonpuck +11 Silver Medal

MouseCLP +5 Bronze Medal

jessc031778 +4

lhapsaapsolady +4

BigPinkPolkaDot +3

NeedleArts +3

gshall +2

LegalWoman17 +2

quietheart +2

basjordan +1

DesertCrocheter +0

dilyca2006 +0

Makinofastar +0

PBLKNP +0

pineknott +0

fc1123 -2

CLLinda -4

anu-monty -8

walker 1021 -8

yarn geek -11 Shoot the Moon

Tag yarn geek! You're it! :lol

Congrats to all! :cheer

I'm hoping to do better than I had in the last couple of weeks. Working on a lapghan and already have used about half a skein. So I have to just stay away from HL and Michael's and I should be OK. But it's so hard to do!

:manyheart

Can you tell me where you found this pattern. I think that is beautiful and would love to make it.

It's from Annies Attic:

http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/detail.html?prod_id=21741&cat_id=947

And it can be downloaded $6.99.

When you get going start looking at the crochet-along for the pattern here. There are lots of hints and tips.

Have fun!

Finished my sweater last night in time for vacation, and finished a skein, too. I am posting for the week already because I plan on having too much fun to be bothered getting on a computer. So, for the

week ending April 24 I am +2

I didn't get to post last week, but I didn't used any :yarn up either. My little turtles don't use much yarn, but I got 2 skeins rolled down Mon. night (+2) :cheer. I need 20 turtles and made 10 so far. I should have them done by Sat. The weather has been so nice I've been biking or working in the garden instead of :crocheting.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 48

Ellie 13

Well didn't have time last weekend to update my score got two skeins of yarn oh well will carry it over to this week so starting the week out with -4. Though using up some more yarn so hopefully that will give me a +2 though was thinking of ordering some cotton yarn from Hobby Lobby since they are offering free shipping if you spend over $25.00 it's really tempting. I am fighting the urge just don't want to wait for it to go on sale. Though maybe I will.

I finished up the third furry scarf for my sister, giving me +5 for this week. I've also been working on the "not my yarn stash" scarves -- I finished the third one of those (six skeins, no points).

Well working on finishing some more yarn went and placed an order on Hobby Lobby since they have free shipping if you spend over $25.00 so I got 8 skeins of I Love This Cotton so next week will be bad for me. Will keep you updated with that damage to my score.

I'm working on a lapghan for a friend's sister in a nursing home. Have used up two skeins so far.

+4 so far!

:manyheart

I finised one skein on each of the afghans I'm working on for Christmas gifts (+6) I also finished a bunch of balls on two hats, but I already counted some of them, and need to go back and figure out how many I still have to count, so I don't cheat.

UPDATE: I originally said there were 8 balls, and I had already claimed 3 of them, so I get to claim the other 5 now. That brings my WTD to +11.

Archived