2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found some yarn that was more suitable for my planned curtain tiebacks than size 10 thread, and got a skein of that. I also found a couple of variegated yarns that I wanted to use on my block/month afghan, so I got one skein of each for a total of -6. Then, to make up for the purchase and so as not to lose ground, I did some more work on the bathroom rug, using up 3 of those dinky 25 yard balls.

Unfortunately, I just realized that I'd already counted those balls as 1 point each for winding them from hanks, so I can really only count them as one point each. That also means that last week's score was really -2, not +2. So do I count the correction for last week's score making my WTD -5, or do I just count what I did this week making my WTD -3?

Either way, my YTD is -50.

WTD - 0 YTD same as last week

Will try to get back to crocheting this week but right now don't feel like doing anything at all. We had to get rid of our seven month old puppy this weekend because she attacked our other dog and drew blood. We took her back where we bought her from and they promised they would try and work with her and then find a new home for her where there were no other animals. Still a very sad household, even the dog she attacked is moping around looking for her. I'm trying to not go out and buy a bunch of yarn I don't need but that is one problem I have when I'm depressed, I spend money so any good yarn sale is fair game even if it is online so don't be surprised if I shoot the moon next week again.

you can only count what you used. If you use half a hank and roll the rest into a ball that is 1 point. If you just roll a hank into a ball that does not count as anything. Did you just roll them or did you use them?

Found some yarn that was more suitable for my planned curtain tiebacks than size 10 thread, and got a skein of that. I also found a couple of variegated yarns that I wanted to use on my block/month afghan, so I got one skein of each for a total of -6. Then, to make up for the purchase and so as not to lose ground, I did some more work on the bathroom rug, using up 3 of those dinky 25 yard balls.

Unfortunately, I just realized that I'd already counted those balls as 1 point each for winding them from hanks, so I can really only count them as one point each. That also means that last week's score was really -2, not +2. So do I count the correction for last week's score making my WTD -5, or do I just count what I did this week making my WTD -3?

Either way, my YTD is -50.

Okie dokie. Here are the scores for 4/11/10 not gonna be fancy. I am very tired and it has been a long difficult day. If I missed anyone I appologise greatly.

tied for Gold

basjordan +11

MouseClp +11

Tied for silver

dragonpack +10

SKBBanagrl +10

Bronze

Needle_Arts +9

Quietheart +8

pineknott +4

Ellie_13 +4

LegalWoman17 +4

jessc031778 =4

Walker1021 +2

Desertcrocheter +2

yarn_geek +2

crocheting4mygirls +1

PBLKNP 0

BitPinkPolkaDot 0

Makinofastar 0

Sdeepthinker 0

fc1123 -2

Crafty_Witch -3

gshall -4

dilyca2006 -12

anu-monty -18

aphelia -18

lhasaapsolady -22

CLLinda -34

Braxxi -69 shoot the moon award this week.

My first Shoot the Moon! :lol

I will do my best to get the scores done on Sunday morning.

Grats to all the medal winners! :cheer

Took my mom to Michaels yesterday. She wants to get back to crocheting again. :clap I had no need to buy any yarn, but brought 2 afghan patterns with me "just in case". After figuring out how many skeins each afghan would need, I found the colors I wanted. Bah Hum Bug....Not enough skeins in stock for either afghan. :( However, I did find a new pattern book with a baby afghan that caught my eye. And there was enough yarn in stock, in the color I wanted. :cheer 6 skeins of yarn went home with me along with 2 pattern books and 1 ball of thread. :yay

:lol Congrats!!!! Oh. no wait.... This is supposed to be a stashbusting CAL isn't it!!!!!!:hook For some reason this year I am rejoicing in a stashgrowing CAL!!!!!!!!!LOL:eek

Took my mom to Michaels yesterday. She wants to get back to crocheting again. :clap I had no need to buy any yarn, but brought 2 afghan patterns with me "just in case". After figuring out how many skeins each afghan would need, I found the colors I wanted. Bah Hum Bug....Not enough skeins in stock for either afghan. :( However, I did find a new pattern book with a baby afghan that caught my eye. And there was enough yarn in stock, in the color I wanted. :cheer 6 skeins of yarn went home with me along with 2 pattern books and 1 ball of thread. :yay

Wow. I lucked out in the Shoot the Moon award this week. Congratulations to all the ones who used up yarn!

:manyheart

My first Shoot the Moon! :lol

I will do my best to get the scores done on Sunday morning.

Grats to all the medal winners! :cheer

:jumpyayThank you, and congrats to you for all your new yarn! I was the first Shoot the Moon "winner" this year, and now I've tied for a gold medal. From bottom to top in just a few months, where do I go from here? :hook

I finished another scarf for my sister using two (dinky) skeins of Fun Fur and half a skein of worsted, so I'm +5 for this week, so far.

Hey, you were supporting your mother -- total justification! :lol:lol:lol

I was just going to buy some thread at Hobby Lobby. Then two skeins of white bamboo yarn (on Clearance) jumped in my cart and begged me to take them home. So I did.

-4 so far.....:manyheart

I did this afghan http://ravel.me/bjackson99/crwa and I thought I did a great job of stash busting. I eliminated 10 colors entirely and only added two new colors. 5 colors were used up before the pattern would allow me to quit so I had to buy more. :angry I counted my score of only +7.:eek You'd think something 80 inches in diameter would do better. Still working on things but started a new afghan and bought more yarn.:crocheting now I'm at -13. Please explain the signature thing to do the score.

post-36235-135897522041_thumb.jpg

Well today I was almost tempted by Michael's Impeccable yarn it is on sale for $1.99 but in the end I did not buy it I told myself I had to use up what I had first. I asked myself is it a need or a want took me about 15 mins or so to decide so in the end. I decided not to buy the yarn. Yeah for me

Well today I was almost tempted by Michael's Impeccable yarn it is on sale for $1.99 but in the end I did not buy it I told myself I had to use up what I had first. I asked myself is it a need or a want took me about 15 mins or so to decide so in the end. I decided not to buy the yarn. Yeah for me

I love the way we all play on the railroad tracks...:rofl:rofl:rofl

Archived