2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

I forgot to post my score for last week, but since I bought yarn on Saturday and used up yarn late Saturday, I'm just going to combine it with this weeks.

The bad part is that I bought 36 :eek skeins of yarn off eBay that showed up yesterday! That will give me a total of 40 skeins bought this week...if I don't buy any more. :blush

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used up 4 (small :devil) balls making turtles. Now I have to get more stuffing and eyes. I've been doing some spring cleaning and found a bag of yarn. 1 skein RHSS in each rainbow color and 1 pounder of black. The sales slip says 2001 on it! Just what I need to keep me from buying more :yarn. Now what do I make :think?

WTD: + 4 YTD:+ 46

Ellie 13

OK so I'm finally back to crochetting!! Woohoo!!! I worked up an original puff-stitch pattern...it's going to be the center piece in a blanket for my MIL (late Xmas gift lol)...used 2 skeins to get that done (+4!!) an now I'm working around the piece to make it bigger so it can become a blanket....hopefully I can get more work done on it this week!!

I used up one skein, and then bought three. Going to knit a Christmas stocking for the fair. At least, that's my plan.

so my score is a -4 so far. I do have my group tomorrow, so hopefully I'll make a little headway on the yarn.

:manyheart

Prayer needed for our family! This may sound trivial but we are having to put our seven month old puppy, Sadie, in a shelter today and we are heartbroken. She attacked our Jack Russell last night and put 3 puncture wounds in her, the Jack Russell's, neck. The vet said that because she drew blood she will most likely do it again. The attack was for no apparent reason and we just can't take a chance that she will do it again. These are the same two dogs that were sleeping together, head over back and playing together just yesterday afternoon. I have not stopped crying since the attack last night. Please keep us in your prayers.

Okay, I'm putting in my score now, so I don't forget. I did a lot of work over the week, but with a large skein, so unfortunately:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD +33

:eek

Prayer needed for our family! This may sound trivial but we are having to put our seven month old puppy, Sadie, in a shelter today and we are heartbroken. She attacked our Jack Russell last night and put 3 puncture wounds in her, the Jack Russell's, neck. The vet said that because she drew blood she will most likely do it again. The attack was for no apparent reason and we just can't take a chance that she will do it again. These are the same two dogs that were sleeping together, head over back and playing together just yesterday afternoon. I have not stopped crying since the attack last night. Please keep us in your prayers.

So sorry for you, I know just how you feel. We have always had two dogs, but our beloved Sassy passed over a year ago. I would love to have another, but Molly is so wary of strangers that I am afraid she wouldn't accept a new friend. Hopefully Sadie will get adopted right away

Hi Ladies. I wanted to let everyone know that I will be posting scores this week and then maybe next week as well. I bought 7 skeins this week and only have used 1 :lol I will change my siggie.

I also wanted you all to know that you have until around 9PM Central time to get your totals on. I ask that when you do (and most of you have already) post your totals in big bold letters so that these aging eyes can see!!! Have a great weekend everyone.

score for week ending 04/10/2010: +2

Plus 2 may not seem exciting, but after two weeks of no progress, I'm delighted! And to make it even better, it was a skein for one of my more-than-a-year-old WIPs that I'm trying to get finished. So hooray on all accounts!

Patty

And I was trying so hard to be good! A lady in our group recently passed away and her husband brought over a big pile of yarn, books, needles etc. to be distributed to our group members. It was hard to actually take things that belonged to Karen.

My goal is to complete several of her WIP's and donate them to the organizations that we donate to.

But in the meantime, I have now a negative score.

wtd=-34 ytd =-36.

:manyheart

:blush :blush :blush :blush :blush :blush :blush :blush

WTD -69

YTD -61

My first Shoot The Moon????

Three skeins on a moebius cowl and two skeins of Fun Fur plus 1/2 skein of ww for the first scarf for my sister gives me...

+11 WTD

+34 YTD

Gotta love those little skeins!

Archived