2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have done nothing this week but buy yarn!!!:lol

WTD -88 YTD -164

For those of us who are envious of your buying powers, what did you buy? What projects, if any, do you have planned for your new stash?

Still a couple of skeins of this yarn but I had to switch or go crazy so I did one small one in SS Brite Watermelon with a brown heather border. Boy is it loud, but my kitty seems to want that one!

WTD: 7 YTD: 33

I'd love to see a picture of it. We always make baby blankets in pastel colors, but I think the babies themself probably prefer the loud ones!

Posting my score for now. I didn't get on to post last week, but there were no changes there, so it doesn't really matter. This week I bought a couple of balls of variegated thread in size ten for some curtain tiebacks I plan to make using the short row techniques from Kim's class, and finally got my free Naturally Caron Country. Oh, and it's not that hideous orange. It's actually a tolerable yellow (Soft Sunshine). So that's -6, but then I got back to work on the Scrap-A-Nator because I really need a bathroom rug, and used up 4 of those pesky 25 yard skeins for +8, so my

net WTD is +2 and my net YTD is -45 .

I bought quite a bit of bernat baby yarn. I have a friend who has asked me to make a blanket, jacket, and booties for her grandbaby that is coming along in August. And you know I have a granddaughter coming sometime this week (I hope, due date is April 6) So. I plan on making a lot of baby things. around 14 skeins total there.

I also got 10 skeins of Limeaid Red Heart sport and 20 Skeins of Hot PInk, same brand. No plans on those yet. We do have a little gal at church who's favorate color is Lime Green, so, she will be getting something out of that yarn!!!LOL

OH.. I got the Red Heart yarn on Herrschners Auction site. I will not bid if bidding and shipping will cost more then the orgional price. I think I got a pretty good deal on this yarn.

For those of us who are envious of your buying powers, what did you buy? What projects, if any, do you have planned for your new stash?

Happy Easter and

Passover to those who celebrate!

Way to Bust that Stash!!!

PBLKNP +41 Gold Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap

sdeepthinker +14 Silver Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap

quietheart +9 Bronze Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap

SKBBamagrl +9 Bronze Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap

walker1021 +8

LegalWoman17 +8

Needle Arts +7

CLLinda +4

dragonpuck +4

Crafty Witch +2

Ellie 13 +2

gshall +2

aphelia +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Holding Steady!!!

Desert Crocheter 0

pineknott 0

Two Words: New Yarn!!!!:devil

fc1123 -4

Makinofastar -6

yarn_geek -6

MouseCLP -14

Dilyca2006 -88 Shoot the Moon Winner!!! -tag, you're it!:D

Woo Hoo :cheer I got the shoot the moon. You may need to remind me about Saturday that It is my turn!!!:lol

Happy Easter and

Passover to those who celebrate!

Way to Bust that Stash!!!

PBLKNP +41 Gold Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap

sdeepthinker +14 Silver Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap

quietheart +9 Bronze Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap

SKBBamagrl +9 Bronze Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap

walker1021 +8

LegalWoman17 +8

Needle Arts +7

CLLinda +4

dragonpuck +4

Crafty Witch +2

Ellie 13 +2

gshall +2

aphelia +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

Holding Steady!!!

Desert Crocheter 0

pineknott 0

Two Words: New Yarn!!!!:devil

fc1123 -4

Makinofastar -6

yarn_geek -6

MouseCLP -14

Dilyca2006 -88 Shoot the Moon Winner!!! -tag, you're it!:D

I didn't think I would ever see my name anywhere except the shoot the moon. I guess it is possible, thanks so much I've never won a medal of any kind before so I feel great!

Woo Hoo :cheer I got the shoot the moon. You may need to remind me about Saturday that It is my turn!!!:lol

Congratulations! :clap And thank you for keeping me from being the "shoot the moon"-er. :hug

I can't believe I did this. I only have a list of projects a mile long, so I had to buy stuff for a new one. Saw these really cute "tie dye" flip flops at Target so I bought 3 - one pair for each of my great nieces. That would be okay - but I then went next door to Holly Lobby and bought 3 skeins of Baby Bee yarn to decorate them. But one of the skeins was only 1.76! I've never "made" flip flops before but have wanted to try it ever since I saw the pattern. So I'm WTD -6!

Well bought a skein of yarn yesterday but over the Easter weekend completed 2 skeins of yarn +4 but now I am at -2. For the week so far but that could change.

Archived