2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

I'm so excited about our newest member that I forgot why I came to the "ville. I busted 4 small skeins, which brings up my score by +8, and was given 8 small balls of yarn, which brings it back down. Since I was at +5, I guess I'm still at +5.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm putting in my totals now, so I don't forget...

I managed to give away some skeins to a worthy recipient, so for this week:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +41 YTD +33

:c9:cheer:clap

Hey! Congratulations!!! You brought your YTD to positives this week. That means we get to do the YTD positive dance!!! :cheer:clap:yay:manyheart:jumpyay:woo:rock:laughroll:dance:dance:dance:bounce:2rock:elle:ducky:tdance

Well. The yarn I got the other day was not on sale. but, it was not expensive. Very pretty yarn though, some Bernat baby sport and some jackared (sp) very pretty ombre type yarn. I am going to be making lots of baby things I think with this yarn.

And, to add to the stash (oh. this is a stashbusting CAL!!!LOL oops:woo:rofl:rofl) I just got 30 skeins of RH sport from Herrschners that I got on auction!LOL Lime Green and Bright Pink the colors are!!!!:lol:lol:2spin

Diane, you are among friends who understand you. Was it a good sale? Is the yarn soft, inviting, pretty? Do you have future projects in mind? Do you think you will have need for the yarn soon? (Within the next few months?) Baby yarn is very dangerous, if you love yarn and love babies!!!:devil I hope you :heart your new yarn!

Diane, I see no problem at all with accumulating a few extra skeins of yarn. :yarn :yarn :yarn You're just preparing for the future.

I've been doing reasonably well at stashbusting so far, but... Today I got an email from ACMoore about a two-day sale. Several types of yarn are on sale for $1.99 AND they have a 15% off coupon that's good for regular OR sale priced items. (I printed one for each day.) Then there's the financial "problem" -- a good chunk of extra cash in my paycheck, so I don't need to be so frugal. :sigh How am I supposed to resist? :2nono

:goodorbad

Well I went to Joann's and walked out with a new crochet hook. No yarn thank god the yarn I needed was out otherwise I would have used a coupon to go with it. Though I did use a coupon for my new L crochet hook which came to $1.45 not bad thank god I had that 40%off coupon.

Well I think I might be in trouble tomorrow night. I got a 30% off your entire order coupon good tomorrow only at Michaels.:shop I would just not even go if it was just me because I am trying to be good but, my daughter is home for the holiday and wants to go get jewelry supplies. She likes to make bracelets. I hope I will be able to just get a few...:devil

So I will have to post tomorrow when we get back. Everyone cross your fingers that I won't get too much. I mean I could hardly get clothes out of my closet for church tonight because I stack all my boxes of yarn in there when the kids all come home. If I put any more boxes in there I won't ever get any clothes out. Thats a scary thought.:scared

I can post a positive score.:cheer Used up 4 skeins on my grandson-to-be's baby blankie. Only a few more rows left, then I can start on another one for him. :yay

WTD +8 YTD -10

I am posting early. Still need to go buy easter candy!

I used up 4 points worth of yarn, so that's a plus for me! Also, my ytd is now at ZERO!

WTD=+4 YTD=0

:manyheart

I've been knitting up a storm this week with two Project Linus yarn kits I checked out. I don't count the yarn as part of my stash until I'm done, and add the leftovers to my pile. So while my count may not reflect it, I have been busy. But at least I resisted buying some yarn to finish off another project.

score for week ending 4/3/2010: 0

I hope everyone's been having a lovely Passover and Happy Easter to those celebrating that holiday. Happy spring to all!

Patty

I have done nothing this week but buy yarn!!!:lol

WTD -88 YTD -164

:manyheart That's my idea of a great week! :yes

I didn't do so bad myself -- I purchased 6 skeins to make scarves for my sister, and 4 skeins 'just because.' I did finish off the skein I was using last night as well as two balls, so if my math is correct, I'm at....

WTD -14

YTD +23

Now to see if I can get those scarves whipped up and gain some of those points back!

well. at least you got something used!!:D I have not even got through a half a skein. Of course I am using some pretty good size skeins this week.

:manyheart That's my idea of a great week! :yes

I didn't do so bad myself -- I purchased 6 skeins to make scarves for my sister, and 4 skeins 'just because.' I did finish off the skein I was using last night as well as two balls, so if my math is correct, I'm at....

WTD -14

YTD +23

Now to see if I can get those scarves whipped up and gain some of those points back!

I couldn't get to the library for 2 weeks because it :2rain 3 days! My score for last week was 0 any way (gained a skein, used 2 balls). I :crocheting 65 (+/-) bunny pins. This week I had to work a lot because of Easter (I work at Market Basket). I used 2 balls making a "rubber" ducky and a stuffed bunny for a co-worker this week (+2) :cheer. I don't know what to make now :think.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 42

:gardenHAPPY EASTER! :rabbit

Ellie 13

Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. Finished three preemie afghans and have a total of five in the dryer. Hope to get them mailed out on Monday. Still a couple of skeins of this yarn but I had to switch or go crazy so I did one small one in SS Brite Watermelon with a brown heather border. Boy is it loud, but my kitty seems to want that one!

WTD: 7 YTD: 33

Archived