2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement and the prayers that have been said. God is working so much in the lives of this family. Today is a 90 degree turn around in the father's way of thinking and through God's love, care and grace, we are making progress with this young couple not onl y in the physical sense of providing the things they need for this baby but in helping the two of them grow up and take responsibility not only for their own lives but the babies as well. There are other's helping this family as well as myself but I think for the firrst time this young man is listening to what is being said. Keep them in your prayers and thank you once again. Now I have just one more request. Don't give me the praise, I am just a vessel through which God is working. I thank you for the encouragement but I don't want the praise, give it to God where it belongs. I am only doing what I feel He is instructing me to do and through my obedience to Him, this young couple is being helped. Thanks to all of you.

The night before last I was laying in bed picturing a frog hat. Dark green with funny google eyes on top and a long red tounge grabbing a fly. So last night I made it while watching The Time Traveler's Wife. Turned out cute and used up most of a skein of yarn from my stash!!

Wa hoo, I'm at +3 for the week. I really want one skein of Joanne Sensations to make a BICO tonight for a coworker who is due anytime. I have already made her a hat & knitted sweater for the baby, but I really want to make this sweater. I know she will love it. Plus I have a coupon. Someone talk me out of this please. She's having a girl...I LOVE MAKING GIRLY BABY THINGS!! I just know there will be a bunch left over, living in my stash and laughing at me. Does you're yarn taunt you? My stash taunts me. Not the good stuff, no that sits in its bins and waits to be enjoyed. But the acrylic and the Red Heart, I'm telling you it taunts me.

I just had 30 skeins of yarn brought in to make bridal shower gifts and prizes so I'm down -60 this week but I'm working on those afghans etc so maybe I can make it better before this is all over.

Alas, I was missed last week. :( I posted my big fat zero in post # 995, page 100, but it didn't get noticed. Better not miss me this week! I get a +1 because I busted a ball of RH Camoflage on a 6-in square and four yo-yos.

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1 / YTD: +19

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +19

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

I just had 30 skeins of yarn brought in to make bridal shower gifts and prizes so I'm down -60 this week but I'm working on those afghans etc so maybe I can make it better before this is all over.

Maybe I won't be the winner of the shoot the moon award this week!! Thanks sdeepthinker for giving me some hope!!!

I have not done enough of anything this week to actually finish off a skein or a ball of yarn. Hopefully my Annies attic order will not come till next week and maybe I can use enough yarn to maybe even it all out next week.

I worked two skeins into balls this week. I've been trying to finish UFOs this month and last. Four shawls finally got out the door and I have another one here. I'm still trying to finish that elusive baby bunting. I'm glad I made it to fit babies up to 18 months because my little nephew is growing fast. He's already two months old!

For week ending March 13, 2010:

WTD: +2 / YTD: -33

This week I finished a fuzzy bunnie blanket, but not the skein, so rolled it up for a +1, received the 6 balls of yarn from a church lady for -6 and then made a pair of baby booties and one grannie square out of a ball of the yarn for +1, that leave me:

WTD -4, YTD -27

Do I have to be truthful and post my real score?? Oh geez...here it goes....:blush

WTD -34

19 skeins showed up on my doorstep yesterday from Yarn and Thread by Lisa. But I did use up 4 small balls this week to help offset the big negative number from those 19 skeins.

Hopefully this week I can use up some of these skeins quickly to bring my yearly score back into a positive #.

The only time I had for crochet this week was Sunday night. I made a dent in 2 skeins, but didn't use either up. Since I couldn't stand my total being 0 I had to go out and buy some yarn. :D Eight skeins of Vannah's Choice later my totals are

WTD:-16/YTD:+27

The only time I had for crochet this week was Sunday night. I made a dent in 2 skeins, but didn't use either up. Since I couldn't stand my total being 0 I had to go out and buy some yarn. :D Eight skeins of Vannah's Choice later my totals are

WTD:-16/YTD:+27

That is too funny. Not sure if we are more proud of our positive or negative scores!

Didn't get a very high score this week. Started using a pounder and you all know how slow those go.

My score for week ending 3/13:

WTD +9 YTD +49

Is it too late to post :think? After work Fri. I found 2 lost, tangled partial skeins sitting on my door mat. I just couldn't turn them away. I untangled and rolled them neatly and added them to the pile for charity squares (-2). Since It's been :2rain all day today, I decided to :crocheting and watch stuff I taped the last 2 nights. I used 6 balls on granny squares (+6) :cheer.

WTD: + 4 YTD: + 35

Ellie 13

I'm posting early here. Going to a St. Patrick's Day dinner at the church tonight. Lots of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and more. It's a wonderful dinner.

I gave away three points of yarn to a lady who is elderly and likes to knit washcloths. It keeps her busy. So I help her out when I can.

So my points for the week are:

wtd=+5 ytd=-6

Happy St. Pat's Day, a few days early! Love that corned beef!

Archived