2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

Anyway after saying all that I realize I didn't finish anything this week and in fact was making my grand daughter a throw and was in the car and didn't like it so I took it all apart. I hope I am not the only 1 who does that. It kills my hubby when I do, he just sits there saying I can't believe you just took that all apart. :hook

:yes I do the same thing, regularly. I'm on the third go-round with the Noro scarf, and I think this one is finally a keeper. BTW, It used to bother my hubby too -- but now that he's my ex it doesn't bother him at all! :rofl

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops...I forgot to post last nite...Looks like Im not too late... Almost done with a skein of hometown usa but not quite. I love working with this yarn. doing a sweater for one of my nieces :)

WTD 0 YTD 12

Gold

SKBBamagrl +26 :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Silver

1Wani +21 :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer I am sorry that I missed you but now we have two silver winners. WTG 1Wani!!!

CLLinda +14 :cheer:cheer:cheer

Bronze

jessc031778 +13 :cheer:cheer

Honorable Mention

dragonpuck +12 :cheer

WTG Winners

lmm77 +10

DesertCrocheter +8

PBLKNP +8

LegalWoman17 +7

Ellie 13 +6

quietheart +6

pineknott +4

gshall +3

aphelia +2

rddugan +2

anu-monty +1

basjordan +1

crocheting4mygirls +1

Great Job all you stashbusters!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Graceylue 0

130 Chris 0

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

MouseCLP 0

NeedleArts 0

Way To Keep It On An Even Keel

Now for the ones (like me) who cannot resist the temptation of yarn!

walker 1021 -3

Crafty Witch -4

dilyca2006 -4

yarn geek -6

anielle -10

TNcrochet -12

apply lover -13

fc1123 -20

EmptyNester -22

crazee_mb -28

And our Shoot The Moon winner is Mandii with -68!:cheer Congratulations on the new yarn!:yay

Wow! Lot's of stashbusting going on! And it's my first medal for the 2010 season. Thank you so much!

:manyheart

Yeah I wasn't so good today either got another skein of yarn so -2 but used up a skein of yarn -2. And Mandi I can tally the scores for you this weekend just let me know. And I will do it for you.

So far I'm at 0 for the week. I bought a skein on Sunday, and finished a Caron "pounder" tonight. I have a couple of skeins that are close to being used up on my wool eater afghan, so I might end the week in the positives! Must resist buying yarn.... Must resist buying yarn.... Must resist buying yarn..... :lol

Congratulations to all the award winners! I am continually impressed by how much everyone gets done. Well, after I donated my first pair of baby booties, a lady a church decided she had to help me, so I aquired 6 balls of yarn from her. She said she has lots more, but just picked out the "baby" colors first. Can't wait to see the rest - but I'm glad she is going to dole it out a little at a time - maybe it won't hurt my scores to much that way! So, I am -6 so far this week! I'd better get my:hook going!

I've been bad....very, very bad.

I went to HL yesterday - I needed 3 skeins of yarn. Several more decided they just had to go home with me! I ran from the aisle as fast as I could before too many jumped in....but still wound up with 32 skeins in the basket at the checkout lane!

Well, so far so good this week. I managed to use up a skein over the weekend to crochet myself a cover for my new Barnes and Noble Nook. :crocheting

I'm also busily working on my Owl sweater and the Ladybug afghan (although I've had another crisis with the afghan and may need to rip out several rows - AHHH!!!)...:eek:eek:eek

Tricia, I love you. :hug I have even tried not getting a cart or basket so that I only pick up what I need. But I still make it up to register with an arm full. I don't know how that happens.:lol

Basjordan, would you mind posting the scores this weekend? I won't be near a computer at all, we're taking a little trip to visit some family and we're staying at my grandmother's house, she doesn't have internet access at the moment:(

Basjordan, would you mind posting the scores this weekend? I won't be near a computer at all, we're taking a little trip to visit some family and we're staying at my grandmother's house, she doesn't have internet access at the moment:(

:hug:hug:hug Of course I'll post the scores! I hope you have a wonderful family visit. :c9

Hi,

I am so sorry I didn't get to post totals last week. I'm not getting too much crocheting done either. I was asked last Thurs. to help decorate the nursery for the baby boy I'm crocheting my baby outfits and afghan for. I was honored that they ask me to do it so I said of course I will help. Please pray now that I keep my sanity! This couple are young, 21 both of them, and both have some special needs so they don't have any clue what this baby is going to need, what they are going to do with it, and they have no financial sense what so ever. The baby is due on March 27th and even though they had a baby shower for them at the church, they don't have much of anything for this baby. What they do have the father is against because it doesn't fit in with the theme of the nursery they want to have. They were given a brand new car seat, pack-n-play, and one of those bouncer things but because they aren't Winnie the Pooh he wants to go buy the ones they want. They have not done any painting in the room yet, those items and a few pieces (I'd say maybe 14 outfits total, and a few packages of diapers are all this couple have for this baby. They have 1000.00 to buy a crib, stroller, diaper changer or chest oof drawers, and all the other things they need. But and this is a big but, the money is income tax return and they didn't start their taxes until this past Sun. and they didn't trust the IRS to do a direct deposit so the check isn't scheduled to get here until the 26th and that is an approx. date. I've found a lot of what they need, they won't use second hand, but if it isn't Winnie the Pooh they won't buy it even if it is going to save them money. So, that is why I haven't posted. I will try to post this weekend coming up but we are getting ready to go out of town so it iwll depend on how things are going for that also. I haven't gone anywhere except to nutsville in my own living room. Please pray for this couple and for the other ladies like me who are trying to help them see that not everything down to the bottles and diapers they use have to be Winnie the Pooh and/or brand new. And most of all pray for this baby who is coming into this world without anyone knowing what they are going to do with it or how to care for it. Thanks ans sorry for venting on you guys!

I used up another ball of yarn. I'm already at +2. I want to stay positive this week.

:manyheart

i used up one more ball :clap till now +1

i went to local craft shop yesterday to get thread for my new project. i had told the lady that i'll be coming for that, but she didn't had the stock till yesterday.... may be in weekend i'll get the thread. till then i am working to finish my girls dress.

Sue ~

God uses us all for His purposes. Right now He sees that you can help this couple. Have fun and don't stress too much. Think of the joy that is about to come into your lives on March 27th. :manyheart:hug

In my e-mail, the notification came that 19 skeins of yarn will be on my doorstep this Friday. Guess that means I may be in the running for my 1st award of the year - a shoot the moon award. :rofl

Sue, what a wonderful thing you are doing. Glad that we are here for you to vent to, so you can go back to do what needs to be done. It's people like you that make this world a great place to be. Sending out prayers for strength for you and all involved in this project.

Archived