2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

I am really using up the yarn this week. Another skein hit the dust! Horray. I'm tired of being in the negatives.

I'm not buying yarn. I'm staying out of the stores. I'm not buying yarn. I'm staying out of the stores....... That's my mantra this week.

:manyheart

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have a great plus score this week. Already at +9. Using up a lot of little balls on granny squares for granny shawl in new CW magazine. Making some of them for local nursing home. :yes:yes

Now that the crochet games are done, I've been really wanting to buy yarn. I know I need some new dishclothes, and I'm out of cotton for them. But I'm going to try and use up some yarn I already have, and get my YTD in the positives before I save. I have lots of odds and ends small balls of baby yarn just waiting to be turned into NICU blankets, and a couple amigurumi that need things like legs and ears. :P

am i late to join in ???

You're not too late. Welcome to our group. I'll add your name to post #8, and you'll be in! If you have any questions, just ask. There are so many nice people in our group who will help.

I think I confused you. My score for last week was +6, then on Sunday I finished a baby afghan and rolled up 3 skeins to start this week with a +3. Not a big deal.

I think I confused you. My score for last week was +6, then on Sunday I finished a baby afghan and rolled up 3 skeins to start this week with a +3. Not a big deal.

It's been changed. Sorry I didn't get it right.:hug

Last night I stopped by the dollar store on my way home. They had yarn again! A caron yarn that is 2 oz skeins, 80% acrylic/20% polyester, can't remember the name. I wanted something to make some fun hats. I bought 14 skeins. ouch. I did go home and finish off the skein I was working on, and then use up 1 1/2 of the new skeins. So much for getting medals. I do want to point out though that I am still in the positives for the year!! I will not shoot the moon this year, I will not shoot the moon this year, I will not shoot the moon this year, I will not shoot the moon this year, I will not...

Well bought 3 skeins of yarn today -6 but used up a skein of yarn today so now I have a total of 5 skeins of yarn left so +2. So this week I am at -10.

I've been :sick. There is this virus going around and it hit me hard. I was spending most of my time in the bathroom, so I took my :crocheting in with me :lol. I just rolled 4 partial skeins into balls (+4). Someone wrote to Crochet World, looking for granny squares so I started making some today. Used 2 balls already (+2) :cheer. I'm going to use as many scraps as I can, then send them as RAOK's.

WTD: + 6 YTD: + 31

Ellie 13

Yarn is just burning through my fingers this week. And I'm staying away from those craft stores on purpose.

I'm already a +8 and still have a few days to go!

Nothing. Nada. Hardly picked up a hook. Big Caron pounder has its end in some other infinite universe. Will measure my charity blanket this weekend to see if I have finally reached the 4ft. width, then can start using some balls again on rows to lengthen it.

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +18

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +18

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

I've used up two more balls of yarn today. It's just flying this week.

+10 so far.

I'm putting in my totals now, as I'm going to be busy all weekend with birthday-related activities...

I managed to use up four skeins of yarn, and resisted the temptation to buy more (although it was difficult :lol), so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +8 YTD -12

OK everyone, I am just learning all of this, Crochetville and posting and crochet. I just started in Oct when empty nest syndrome hit me really hard. It was the last baby who went off to college the farthest away that did it. So I started buying yarn and buying and buying and buying, I could repeat that 10 more times.

I really need this group. Please, Please let me join. I know I need it because I have way tooooo much (I counted when I was home alone and it was over 400) and I get on Crochetville and the first thing I look at are the yarn shop reviews and sales.

I joined the group about what I am going to finish in March because I think that will help but I still want to buy more.

Help please,

Leisa

OK everyone, I am just learning all of this, Crochetville and posting and crochet. I just started in Oct when empty nest syndrome hit me really hard. It was the last baby who went off to college the farthest away that did it. So I started buying yarn and buying and buying and buying, I could repeat that 10 more times.

I really need this group. Please, Please let me join. I know I need it because I have way tooooo much (I counted when I was home alone and it was over 400) and I get on Crochetville and the first thing I look at are the yarn shop reviews and sales.

I joined the group about what I am going to finish in March because I think that will help but I still want to buy more.

Help please,

Leisa

This is a great place for therapy! I am amazed at how much crocheting some of the hookers here get done. I'm no where near that prolific, but, it has helped me stay on task. Welcome!

Archived