2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

Well, I warned you last week that my score was going to be awful this week too. So I can say I probably have first place in history with a negative this high. :lol:eek

WTD: -180 YTD: -497

Here I was figuring I'd get Shoot the Moon this week after my Michael's splurging! :lol

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I didn't get posted earlier but both kids were home from college this weekend and my daughter's fiance was here as well. Haven't gotten much crocheting done this week so I've only used up 3 skeins, but went to Michaels on Sat and brought home 23 skeins for a afghan for my daughter as a wedding present so I'm down -40 again. I hope I did my math right on my ytd if not please correct me. I'm having a blank brain night.

IF these scores are too late for the week/month I can use them to start next week just let me know.

WTD- -40

YTD -91

I have a question that just popped into my head and since I'll forget it if I don't go ahead and ask it I'm just going to get it out.

My daughter is getting married in Dec. and her Matron of Honor and I are using my supply of yarn to make the bridal shower prizes, potholders, pot scrubbies, tea towels, towel toppers, and an afghan or wreath for the door prize.

Question, do I count the yarn we use even though I'm not personally doing the crocheting and using a whole skein myself? I figure we will both work from a skein as we change colors etc. for the various projects but all the yarn we use will be coming out of my stash since the Matron of Honor doesn't have any money to go out and buy any yarn of her own. We are hoping to cut the cost of this shower down to almost nothing outside of paper products and food. We are even going to make all the favors from my stash, and even some of the decorations like a crocheted wedding cake for a centerpeice. I'm just not sure if I should count the yarn used since I'm not doing all the crocheting myself.

I might be wrong here, but I seem to recall a couple years ago when I last did this that I got credit for every bit of yarn that left my collection, regardless of how or why I no longer had it...so all the really old rough yarn I'd inherited from Grandma that I decided to donate counted toward my WTD & YTD numbers & things like that...anyone else remember how that rule goes?? I'd say you get credit for it if it's not in your stash anymore....

I'd say if it leaves your stash, you count it. And what a great way to use it! I think that is a wonderful idea! I finished my baby afghan last night and rolled up the 3 colors left, so I get to start the week: WTD +3, YTD -23.

Candi - I love your totals! Can you take a picture of all that yarn so we can oh and ah over it?

I believe that is the same way now. If you use or give away yarn you count it. If you buy or inherit yarn you count it.

I might be wrong here, but I seem to recall a couple years ago when I last did this that I got credit for every bit of yarn that left my collection, regardless of how or why I no longer had it...so all the really old rough yarn I'd inherited from Grandma that I decided to donate counted toward my WTD & YTD numbers & things like that...anyone else remember how that rule goes?? I'd say you get credit for it if it's not in your stash anymore....

Who is posting scores for last week?? It wasn't supposed to be me again and I forgot like the last time was it???:blush

:rofl Not this time. It's Candiwv's honor. I will post, though. I hope she hasn't gotten snowed in. Has the weather been bad in WV?

I have a question that just popped into my head and since I'll forget it if I don't go ahead and ask it I'm just going to get it out.

My daughter is getting married in Dec. and her Matron of Honor and I are using my supply of yarn to make the bridal shower prizes, potholders, pot scrubbies, tea towels, towel toppers, and an afghan or wreath for the door prize.

Question, do I count the yarn we use even though I'm not personally doing the crocheting and using a whole skein myself? I figure we will both work from a skein as we change colors etc. for the various projects but all the yarn we use will be coming out of my stash since the Matron of Honor doesn't have any money to go out and buy any yarn of her own. We are hoping to cut the cost of this shower down to almost nothing outside of paper products and food. We are even going to make all the favors from my stash, and even some of the decorations like a crocheted wedding cake for a centerpeice. I'm just not sure if I should count the yarn used since I'm not doing all the crocheting myself.

You get points for any yarn that leaves your stash by any means, even if you don't personally crochet it into something. :hug Congrats on your dd's wedding!

Forgive me for any skippages. My internet connection is going through PMS or something.

24 PAndrus GOLD MEDAL

14 appy lover SILVER MEDAL

12 lhapsaapsolady BRONZE MEDAL

11 Marzee

8 1wani

8 anielle

8 basjordan

7 MouseCLP

6 crazee mb

6 gshall

6 lmm777

5 DesertCrocheter

5 dragonpuck

5 quietheart

5 walker 1021

4 LegalWoman17

4 PBLKNP

3 Ellie 13

3 pineknott

2 raelynn

1 Crafty Witch

0 130 chris

0 aphelia

0 BigPinkPolkaDot

0 NeedleArts

0 rddugan

0 unicorn 37757

-2 Graceylue

-4 yarn geek

-6 CLLinda

-10 dilyca2006

-12 fc1123

-28 TNcrochet

-40 sdeepthinker

-58 Braxxi

-180 candiwv - shoot the moon

137 PAndrus GOLD MEDAL

114 LegalWoman17 SILVER MEDAL

105 dragonpuck BRONZE MEDAL

94 lhapsaapsolady

59 pineknott

47 quietheart

38 DesertCrocheter

38 raelynn

35 MouseCLP

26 appy lover

25 Ellie13

23 lmm777

19 1wani

19 NeedleArts

18 Marzee

18 walker1021

13 Braxxi

12 130 chris

1 crazee mb

0 rddugan

0 unicorn37757

-3 basjordan

-3 Graceylue

-5 anielle

-14 aphelia

-20 PBLKNP

-23 CLLinda

-23 gshall

-33 fc1123

-35 BigPinkPolkaDot

-41 CraftyWitch

-50 dilyca2006

-91 sdeepthinker

-106 yarn geek

-108 TNcrochet

-497 candiwv SHOOT THE MOON

:rofl Not this time. It's Candiwv's honor. I will post, though. I hope she hasn't gotten snowed in. Has the weather been bad in WV?

I hope all that new yarn didn't bury her! :yarn:yarn:yarn

haha well yesterday bought 3 skeins of yarn so -6 for this week. Joann's needs to quit having sales on things I need. Lol

Wow! Lots more of us had positives than negatives this week.

I am hoping to stay in the positives this week, still stash busting by working on my scrapghan. It is at +1 so far, but I think I will finish off another skein tonight.

I am going to eventually have to buy some yarn, but I can continue to put it off for a little longer.

I am so sorry everyone. I came on here to post and saw that basjordan already has. So thank you basjordan. I kinda forgot with all the confusion around here. Once again, I apologize to you all and hope you will forgive me. I have been running on four hours of sleep the last three nights. So my brain is not fully functioning. Not that it usually is but it is even worse right now. LOL.

You must tell us...what kind of wonderful yarn did you bring thru your doors?? :droolDid you sleep with it last night?? oh, so soft and comfy. :fluffy

In 2008 I had one week that killed my yearly score. It was -262. Still have lots of that left, but it was so much fun receiving a huge box of yarn in the mail. :mail

I wish it was yarn. That would be easier to stuff in tiny spaces through out the house:blush. But it was mainly thread with a few dozen skeins thrown in. I was trying to stock up for the year, well the next three years with school and everything. :lol My closet doesn't hold clothes anymore just boxes of thread and yarn. :eek

Wow 262 and I thought I was bad! :lol

I am so sorry everyone. I came on here to post and saw that basjordan already has. So thank you basjordan. I kinda forgot with all the confusion around here. Once again, I apologize to you all and hope you will forgive me. I have been running on four hours of sleep the last three nights. So my brain is not fully functioning. Not that it usually is but it is even worse right now. LOL.

:hug:hug:hugI'm so sorry you aren't getting sleep. Your whole life is affected without sleep. I hope things get less confusing around there soon, so you can get back to normal. If things are still rocky there come Saturday, let me know, and I'll post for you on Sunday. Here's another :hug. I cannot stand to be sleep deprived. You have my sympathy!

:whewI thought maybe I had messed up again!!!!!LOL Thanks.

The yarn is really flying here. I've used up two skeins and soon will be on the third one. Crocheting uses up yarn much faster than knitting!

I'm making a doll set of a doll dress, and bonnet for the little girl I babysit for. Pink and Cream.

:manyheart

Well it seems I forgot to post last week so I'll just add last weeks score to this week:

I used up a skein of yarn working on a blanket so +2

Then I went to AC Moore and bought six skeins of Vanna's Choice Baby -12

I also bought two bags of Mill End yarn with four skeins each in them -16

Then when I got home from AC Moore, there were 9 balls of Debbie Bliss Merino DK waiting with my mail -18

Then I made another visit to AC Moore for two more skeins of Vanna's Choice Baby -4

Then next door to Michaels for 5 skeins of Red Heart's Heart & Sole -10

4 skeins of Bernat Satin -8

1 skein of Pound of Love -2

All together: -68

Archived