2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

Okay, here we go:

I used up a skein of yarn last night working on a blanket so +2

Then I went to AC Moore today and bought six skeins of Vanna's Choice Baby -12

I also bought two bags of Mill End yarn with four skeins each in them -16

Then when I got home, there were 9 balls of Debbie Bliss Merino DK waiting with my mail -18

Added together, a grand total of -44, my worst score to date.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally forgot to post my week end score. I'll include it in this weeks posting...bought some yarn last week, but not enough to come close to shooting the moon :lol I was in Jax Bch running my first marathon. 26.2 with Donna to Finish Breast Cancer - it was an absolutely amazing day!!! I can't wait to do it again next year. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer Now to focus on some crocheting again :)

I totally forgot to post my week end score. I'll include it in this weeks posting...bought some yarn last week, but not enough to come close to shooting the moon :lol I was in Jax Bch running my first marathon. 26.2 with Donna to Finish Breast Cancer - it was an absolutely amazing day!!! I can't wait to do it again next year. :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer Now to focus on some crocheting again :)

How cool! Congrats on running your first marathon!!! I can't imagine running that far.

Congrats on your marathon run. Thanks and God bless you for doing it for a VERY worthwhile cause. :manyheart

went to walmart today,cruised by the yarn,checked out the new colors,to me anyway

picked them up and set them down,left without buying any,the urge to do so was strong

but I didn't falter.finished the remainder camo ball into the scarf,+ 1

went to walmart today,cruised by the yarn,checked out the new colors,to me anyway

picked them up and set them down,left without buying any,the urge to do so was strong

but I didn't falter.finished the remainder camo ball into the scarf,+ 1

That was difficult! I'm proud of you!:hug

Hey Beth, I just noticed in you signature that you gave up soda. Good for you! I had to give it up several years ago because it gave me heartburn. Now I find myself reading labels and trying to keep all my food as "natural" as possible (without becoming obsessive about it) Keep it up!

I think I am about to go into the negative. Saw some pretty RH flecks that I want to use on 63 club afghan. Will probably buy if it doesn't take too much. Haven't bought any yarn in several months, so I deserve it.

I'm itching to drive the half hour to the nearest Hobby Lobby since I've never been there. Thank goodness for the snow otherwise I'd be out of money and my score would be atrocious!

I'm itching to drive the half hour to the nearest Hobby Lobby since I've never been there. Thank goodness for the snow otherwise I'd be out of money and my score would be atrocious!

It's the Yarn Sirens calling you...I do everything they tell me. :lol:lol:lol

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +11 / YTD: +18

I decided to go for some "easy" points. Joining the February Chaity Blitz, I used up four small balls and bits of some skeins making 35 yo-yos (they're posted in that thread) +4. I also occupied my Olympics watching time by untangling and rolling seven skeins +7.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +11/YTD: +18

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

It's the Yarn Sirens calling you...I do everything they tell me. :lol:lol:lol

Unfortunately I can't be out on the road. The county I live in has called a State of Emergency and only certain people can be out on the road, like my fiance who is a 911 dispatcher and HAS to head to work tonight. I wish I lived right next to it :lol

I found a pounder of tan and I used 1/2 of it to make a seat cushion (+1). The rest I'll use to make the piece that ties to the back of the chair (what's it called :think?). This week has been :wbrr with lots of :2rain, perfect for :crocheting. I also finished a doll and made a dress for her, 2 balls used (+2) :cheer. I might have more to post on Sat.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 28

Ellie 13

I was soooooo good today. I went to HL to get some felt for a project. I had picked up the felt, and then my cart automatically went to the yarn department. Four skeins of CLEARANCE YARN jumped into my arms. I threw them back into the bins where they belong so someone else can take them home. Not me. I was a good girl today. But I can't promise what tomorrow will bring.:devil

:manyheart

I have done a lot of crocheting this week on an afghan but it is one that you change colors a lot so I have not used one single skein

It's been the same for me. I've gotten a ton done on my DH's afghan, but have only used 2 skeins of yarn. I'm working from home tomorrow so I hope to get a lot done (and used up!!) then.

I'm' not getting anywhere this week although I'm close to using another skein in one of the baby outfits I'm making. I'm sewing the afghan together, a job I absolutely hate, and then I will do the border but I doubt it gets done this week. I've been in too much pain to concentrate on anything much this week so I sure won't be improving my score much this week. On the bright side, I haven't been out of the house because of the pain so I haven't bought any new yarn either. And they say pain isn't good for you. LOL

Archived