2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

Ok so Im back from Little Rcok, (the supposed yarn shoppiing trip) at which my husband kept me so busy that we just so happened to show up a micheals 10 minutes before they close....needless to say I managed to get a pattern book, 2 light-up hooks, and 4 skiens of homespun.. My mom also gifted me 1 skien of yarn. She actually got me about 12 skiens of the homespun holiday that was on sale last week but Im refusing but to take only 1 skien at a time! My mom is giggling at me and my husband just shakes his head. It would murder my score! lol

-10 WTD -5 YTD

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, I finished a skein of yarn (WTD +2), and HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANY YARN THIS WEEK!:yay I don't have any plans to go shopping tomorrow, so it's a pretty safe bet that I'll end the week with a positive score.

More importantly, though, I finished the baby afghan my mom talked me into making for her co-worker! I'm still on the fence about it, but that might be due to all the frogging involved. It's amazing how many times you can put a stitch in the wrong place, add one, drop one, or start your corner a space too early or late!

Since the mommy-to-be didn't want to know it was a boy or a girl, I had to go with neutral colors. Personally, I hate the yellow and green baby colors combination, and I went with Caron Simply Soft off white, a pretty sage green, and heather gray insead. I was going to use purple in place of the gray, but was told it was too girly. Turns out the baby was a girl after all, so I made some flowers (removable) to "girl" it up a little.

It's beautiful! You did a great job.

I'm posting early. Busy day ahead.

Scores for the week.

WTD=+4 YTD =-17

hey, at least it's in the positives this week. It helps to not have much money!:D

:manyheart

Well, not as much progress as I had hoped, since I had to rip back 4 rows twice (!) on my Greek Games sweater. But I still managed to use up some 50 g skeins on that project, so I am pleased. Slow but steady progress seems to be the stashbusting mantra so far in the posted scores.

score for week ending 2/20/10: +5

Patty

i actually bought yarn this past week. i got 4 skeins of bernat baby. but i did use up 2 skeins of bernat softee baby this week. so only a -4 for the week. it has been so long since i bought yarn. i was only going to get 3 but hubby tossed a 4th in he cart since it was 2 for $10

2010 Stash Busting Score; -4 WTD/ +37 YTD (2/20/10)

Yea, I finished a skein of yarn (WTD +2), and HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANY YARN THIS WEEK!:yay I don't have any plans to go shopping tomorrow, so it's a pretty safe bet that I'll end the week with a positive score.

More importantly, though, I finished the baby afghan my mom talked me into making for her co-worker! I'm still on the fence about it, but that might be due to all the frogging involved. It's amazing how many times you can put a stitch in the wrong place, add one, drop one, or start your corner a space too early or late!

Since the mommy-to-be didn't want to know it was a boy or a girl, I had to go with neutral colors. Personally, I hate the yellow and green baby colors combination, and I went with Caron Simply Soft off white, a pretty sage green, and heather gray insead. I was going to use purple in place of the gray, but was told it was too girly. Turns out the baby was a girl after all, so I made some flowers (removable) to "girl" it up a little.

Absolutely love it!!!

WTD:5

Plugging away at my Olympics project, but leaving for a friends house soon, so posting early. At least it will help give me a jump start for next week!

Saw a kid's afghan somewhere that looked like a football field. It was mostly green with white stripes for yard lines and brown trim I think. I'll look for it if you are interested.

Thanks, but I don't have enough of any one shade, it's all balls/scraps. I don't know anyone who'd be interested, but I know someone who'd think a basket ball court would be cool :lol. I'm thinking a scrapghan with all the shades of green scraps might look like camouflage :think.

Ellie 13

I found a UFO I started so long ago. It was 4 inch squares in a "join as you go" pattern in 2 blues and gray (6 joined already). I decided to make it a scarf because I only found 3 partial skeins of those colors (that's why it was a UFO :lol). I added 6 more squares and added a border. I used up all but about a yard of the gray (+3) :cheer. I found a lot of browns/tans a so I'm working on a cushion for my rocking chair now. Should use up a couple of skeins.

Ellie 13

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 25

Thanks, but I don't have enough of any one shade, it's all balls/scraps. I don't know anyone who'd be interested, but I know someone who'd think a basket ball court would be cool :lol. I'm thinking a scrapghan with all the shades of green scraps might look like camouflage :think.

Ellie 13

I'm thinking a scrapghan with all different shades of green would look awesome, but then again my favorite color is green:lol Anything green just looks good to me anyways.

Well my score for the week a 0. I still have not figured out how to enlarge fonts on google chrome so sorry for the small writing.

WTD:0/YTD:-25

Ellie 13

I like that idea a lot. Be sure to toss in a little grey and/or tan and really camo it up. What kind of pattern did you have in mind? Love to see finished project if you decide to do it. :crocheting Wanda.

Well I didn't get my 20 skeins used as planned, haven't been feeling the best and when I was I was busy with other things. So, this week I brought in 30 skeins, used 9 skeins which gives me a total of

WTD -42/YTD -51

Someone asked what I was making. Well I've got a baby afghan in progress, but was suppose to start and make two baby outfits and a sweater set and start another granny square afghan this week. All I got done was a few more squares on the baby afghan and some snowflakes for my daughters wedding, plus started my granny square afghan and a baby dress, not the ones I was suppose to start but another pattern I fell in love with. So hopefully next week will be better for me.

I managed to use up 14 skeins of yarn on my Flannelghan for the Greek Games, plus one more on a small project...BUT, then I bought 15 skeins for new projects yesterday! :blush So I break even this week.

WTD 0

Thanks MouseCLP, basjordan, and walker1021!:ty

For those who are wondering, I'll be posting the scores sometime tomorrow afternoon. Looks like there are a few contenders for Shoot the Moon this week. I didn't start anything, did I?:devil

Archived