2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

My first negative numbers of the year:( Received my shipment from JoAnns, 6 skeins of Vanna Choice baby for an babyghan and 12 skeins of Lions Brand Wool East to add to the 5 I already have for an afghan I am designing. That makes me WTD -36 YTD -32. PLUS when I took my baby booties to church, a lady said, "Oh, I have lots of leftover baby yarn! Woould you like it?" :yes What else could I say? So will have to subtract those when I get them. I guess I better get :hooking

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first big buy of the year - I went to HL yesterday looking for One Skein of Caron SS...and left with 12!

Good for you!

:manyheart

So my mom came back from Walmart today and declared, "I've got presents for girls!" Two skeins of purple yarn and a pair of nifty socks. WTD -2 YTD -2

What a nice mother! :c9

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +7

In a moment of weakness I purchased a skein of RHSS (I think the color was called Primary or something like that). -2

BUT I also used up the unknown yarn skein +2 (from e-bay) I call crazy color - Solid blocks of red/orange/hot pink/teal/white/white with dark blue bars and no discernible pattern. That was on a round on the charity blanket (it's getting really big) and three yo-yos to finish.

So I ended up another week with zero.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +7

Yo Yo’s for Charity

February Charity Blitz 2/18-2/23

I was a bad, bad girl this week.

I received 96 balls and 5 cones of thread from ebay. Plus 12 more balls of thread from ebay. Then I went to Wal-mart and got 3 more cones of cotton and 3 balls. So altogether -238 pts for this week:faint. I have more coming next week:eek:think. I will never get out of the negative this year.

Oh well I will have a lot of fun trying to use it all.

WTD: -238 YTD: -317

One of the great things about being single again is there is no one to "freak" when I buy yarn. Unfortunately it also means one income to buy yarn with. I do get the occasional raised eyebrow from the roommates when I bring in more yarn, but that is all. You know that that means? Ya'll are my only real motivator to not drown in all the yarn I want to buy.

I finished the crocheting portion of my Olympic Games project last night, and in the process I wound down the 5th skein to a small ball. So I am --

WTD +9 YTD +12

Now what do I do with the leftovers? I have just over 1 skein left, and I don't know what to do with it...matching bag maybe? That might be to matchy/matchy though...

Sadly, I've dug myself further into the hole by buying a bunch of yarn for the Ravelympics. I managed to use up 2 skeins, otherwise I would have been even more behind!

So, my totals for the week are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -8 YTD -24

I was a bad, bad girl this week.

I received 96 balls and 5 cones of thread from ebay. Plus 12 more balls of thread from ebay. Then I went to Wal-mart and got 3 more cones of cotton and 3 balls. So altogether -238 pts for this week:faint. I have more coming next week:eek:think. I will never get out of the negative this year.

Oh well I will have a lot of fun trying to use it all.

WTD: -238 YTD: -317

That is incredible! My husband would shoot me if that came into my house!

:manyheart

Now what do I do with the leftovers? I have just over 1 skein left, and I don't know what to do with it...matching bag maybe? That might be to matchy/matchy though...

Can I make a suggestion? Make a 2 strand bag with a contrasting yarn and the leftover yarn. It will coordinate perfectly with your first project, but look very different. It will also be a very sturdy bag.

Candi you make me feel so much better. Now since I know you will probably be the shood the moon winner this week I can go buy some more yarn

:lolGo for it. I got you covered.

Probably next week too. I know I have 48 skeins of yarn and probably 20 more balls of thread coming.

As for my husband, well it is not the yarn or thread getting to him. It is the patterns. :lol The yarn and thread go into the bedroom closet or shelves in the bedroom so that he does not have to look at it. Of course he complains when he has to make a trip to the post office and carry in those big boxes.:lol

The patterns get to him because I have no more closet space and they are in boxes in the living room. I will not let him put my crocheting stuff in the outbuilding or I could get by with more:eek. :lol But overall he is a good hubby and spoils me.:yay

Yea, I finished a skein of yarn (WTD +2), and HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANY YARN THIS WEEK!:yay I don't have any plans to go shopping tomorrow, so it's a pretty safe bet that I'll end the week with a positive score.

More importantly, though, I finished the baby afghan my mom talked me into making for her co-worker! I'm still on the fence about it, but that might be due to all the frogging involved. It's amazing how many times you can put a stitch in the wrong place, add one, drop one, or start your corner a space too early or late!

Since the mommy-to-be didn't want to know it was a boy or a girl, I had to go with neutral colors. Personally, I hate the yellow and green baby colors combination, and I went with Caron Simply Soft off white, a pretty sage green, and heather gray insead. I was going to use purple in place of the gray, but was told it was too girly. Turns out the baby was a girl after all, so I made some flowers (removable) to "girl" it up a little.

post-33647-135897506412_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897506416_thumb.jpg

That's beautiful, yarn geek! I love the not-so-traditional colors.

Yesterday I went to A C Moore and didn't buy anything. :clap However, then I checked out the new yarn store in town and splurged on 2 skeins of Noro. :blush I'm making a scarf that will coordinate with my two winter coats -- one is fuchsia and the other is turquoise. Those are two colors among many in the colorway.

Oh well, I bought three skeins of yarn to do my scarves for Special Olympics, but I worked three skeins of yarn down into balls working on my nephew's baby bunting and his blanket. I finally finished the blanket :clap , a long-time WIP, so I don't feel too badly about the negative score.

For week ending Feb. 20, 2010:

WTD: -3 / YTD: -35

Archived