2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

is it too late to join in?? I definately have to bust some stash as each time I pull out my collection to begin a project I get comments from everyone in the house...even visiting friends who don't even live here...my pal is now referring to my walk in closet as "that place I use to store my yarn store" lol!!!

Welcome to our group! I hope you find some motivation to make a little room in "that place..." It sounds like a place I'd like to visit! :rofl. Your name has been added to the participants list in post #8. If you have any questions, ask away! This is a helpful, supportive group. :manyheart

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK thanks!! So I'm going to start counting...everything I've done since Sunday morning, right?? After 8 AM??

LOL I'd say that depends -- did you use a lot? :cheer or buy a bunch? :devil I'd be tempted to count it whichever way gives me the best score this week! (Side note: Why did I EVER buy those large skeins of sport-weight yarn? I'll never finish the first one.)

I started a project Sunday afternoon & have used 3 balls & a full skein so far this week...so that would put me at +5 now correct? and I keep adding to the tally til I report it Sunday AM right??

I did this CAL before but it's been a few years lol...

Had a pretty good day today getting rid of some of the yarn I brought in on Sunday. I'm half way through my baby afghan so here is my running total for the week so far. Six skeins total are gone so my WTD is now -46.

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks on my afghan. Well, my hubby took me out to eat yesterday, a good thing, and then he took me to Michaels, a bad thing. I ended up bringing home 30 skeins of yarn so I've really started off this week badly. However, the bright side is I hope to use up at least 20 of these this week alone as I'm working on a baby afghan for a baby shower this Sun. I have already used 1 skein today so hopefully with a couple full days of crocheting I'll lower that -60 start to the week before I have to post on Sat. Which brings me to WTD = -58

:2eek Wow, you're really going to use 20 skeins of yarn this week?! :faint Three questions: :think What kind of yarn are you using, what in the heck are you making, and how many hours do you crochet a day?!! :nworthy

I started a project Sunday afternoon & have used 3 balls & a full skein so far this week...so that would put me at +5 now correct? and I keep adding to the tally til I report it Sunday AM right??

I did this CAL before but it's been a few years lol...

Your scorekeeping is spot on. This year, technically, posting is supposed to be done by midnight (Eastern US Time) on Saturday night. Since the previous "Shoot the Moon" winner is responsible for scorekeeping now, the scores can be posted any time on Sunday. Some times, the scorekeeper will give a different cut-off time. It takes a while to get all the numbers together in order, and if someone posts while that process is going on, that post will probably miss the score list.

OK since I used another ball last night I'll update my sig and put in the so-far score of +6...I really need to stick w this CAL cause my closet could actually be used to hold other things..like clothes!! If I just had less yarn in there....but I guess it's a good problem to have huh???

I am amazed at all you ladies that have husbands that will go into craft stores with you and even buy yarn for you! My husband doesn't care how much I buy - his toys are way more expensive than mine - but there is no way he would walk into JoAnn's with me while I shopped!

I'd rather not go yarn shopping with my dh. I'd rather not go to an autoparts store with him, either, while he's shopping for his hobby. He never says no to my yarn buying habit, but our budget can put a damper on it.

I finished another skein on a Christmas present afghan. My WTD is now +4, YTD -14.

I LOVE the Flannelghans I'm making for the Olympic Games! Even though I bought three skeins yesterday....and will have to go to another Hobby Lobby to get the rest of my Caron SS today...but I think I'll still end the week on a positive! It's a great pattern for stashbusting!

I'm going to try this so maybe I will quit buying yarn and start using up what I have.

It is so satisfying to use up the yarn I have here in the house. Not that I don't enjoy buying more, but it's so nice to make room for the new. :)

I used up a ball of green :yarn (+1). I have 60 shamrock pins finished and 5 without pins :eek. This means a trip to Michaels for more. I'm was searching through my stash for more green, and found 18 shamrock pins left from last year (in a different shade of green). I have 1/2 a bin of green :yarn, but none in either shade. I hope 78 (+5 when I get pins) will be enough. I took some other greens and started making turtles again. Used a ball so far (+1). What else can I make with green :think?

Ellie 13

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 22

I'm going to try this so maybe I will quit buying yarn and start using up what I have.

Welcome to our group! I've added you to the participants list. You've found a great group to :cheer for you as you decrease your stash!

I took 2 days off this week to visit my Mom, on the way up I bought six skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, hence my zero score last week. But I have been working diligently and have used up 3 of them, and the dress I am making is getting done. Yeah. I love it!! The yarn is a dream to work with. I am still in the positives for YTD, yeah!!

Wow, 20 skeins in one week, that is amazing, I'd love to know what you're making too!

I used up a ball of green :yarn (+1). I have 60 shamrock pins finished and 5 without pins :eek. This means a trip to Michaels for more. I'm was searching through my stash for more green, and found 18 shamrock pins left from last year (in a different shade of green). I have 1/2 a bin of green :yarn, but none in either shade. I hope 78 (+5 when I get pins) will be enough. I took some other greens and started making turtles again. Used a ball so far (+1). What else can I make with green :think?

Ellie 13

Saw a kid's afghan somewhere that looked like a football field. It was mostly green with white stripes for yard lines and brown trim I think. I'll look for it if you are interested.

Ellie 13

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83609&highlight=frog+pattern

Archived