2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

Congrats to everyone on their awesome week. We had very few people with negative numbers this week.

Miss Scarlett Gold Medal Winner with +30

Braxxi Silver Medal Winner with +17

Dragonpuck Bronze Medal Winner with +10

Graceylue +8

dilyca2006 +6

LegalWoman +6

quietheart +6

BigPinkPolkaDot +4

pineknott +4

lhapsaapsolady +4

patterncollector +4

crazee mb +4

MouseCLP +4

SouthernPeachHooker +4

1wani +3

DesertCrocheter +3

lmm777 +3

PBLKNP +2

raelynn +2

Ellie 13 +2

candiwv +2

anielle +2

gshall +1

marzee 0

NeedleArts 0

walker 1021 0

appy lover 0

crocheting4mygirls -5

fc1123 -6

130 chris -8

TNcrochet -9

basjordan -13

CLLinda -14

sdeepthinker -16

Yarngeek -68 Shoot the Moon

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On my way to AC Moore for the Prez day sale!!!!:cheer:cheer Somebody stop me !!!!:eek:eek

LOL I bet "yarn geek" won't be stopping you! :devil

To "yarn geek" -- enjoy your new stash. :yarn:yarn:yarn

TNCrochet -- great job tallying scores!

Congratulations to everybody! We did great this week (says one of the few negative scorers!)

Yarngeek, I wish I could have picked up a bunch of clearance yarn!!! Congrats on the acquisitions. Will you be able to keep score next week? If there's a problem, let me know as soon as you can. Thanks!

Yarngeek, I wish I could have picked up a bunch of clearance yarn!!! Congrats on the acquisitions. Will you be able to keep score next week? If there's a problem, let me know as soon as you can. Thanks!

I don't work next weekend, so I shouldn't have any problems keeping score. :)

I double checked my numbers, and it turns out I was -64 last week instead of -68. It doesn't make a difference, but I like to be accurate. If I ever finish the three afghans I'm currently working on, I can play with my new yarn. The Red Heart Collage will make some really pretty scarves!

Ok....I am really proud of myself.... I had soooo much yarn in my arms trying to get all the colors I needed for an afghan for DH but they didnt have ANY of one color I needed, so instead of buying the rest of it, I didnt buy ANY!!!! :clap I cant even believe it..!!!! I did buy some of the new LB hometown for sweaters for my twin nieces though....2 of each color :lol then I went to big lots and bought 5 little skeins of lion brand suede - soooo yummy feeling,,, i had to do it!!! :eek:eek:eek:eek so thats what....9 skeins,,, -18 and its only sunday nite!!!!!:rolleyes: :faint:faint I think Im working on 5 different projects and I bought more yarn!!!! :think Please say some of you can relate so I can feel normal :rofl:rofl

Ok....I am really proud of myself.... I had soooo much yarn in my arms trying to get all the colors I needed for an afghan for DH but they didnt have ANY of one color I needed, so instead of buying the rest of it, I didnt buy ANY!!!! :clap I cant even believe it..!!!! I did buy some of the new LB hometown for sweaters for my twin nieces though....2 of each color :lol then I went to big lots and bought 5 little skeins of lion brand suede - soooo yummy feeling,,, i had to do it!!! :eek:eek:eek:eek so thats what....9 skeins,,, -18 and its only sunday nite!!!!!:rolleyes: :faint:faint I think Im working on 5 different projects and I bought more yarn!!!! :think Please say some of you can relate so I can feel normal :rofl:rofl

I relate -- you're perfectly normal! Only you put yarn back. That's totally abnormal!

I am working hard this week to stay in the positives. I've got some catching up to do to get my ytd back in the positives, but I'm going to work hard and stay out of the stores to get this done. Give me the willpower and the fact that I'm broke to convince me to stay out of the stores.

:manyheart

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks on my afghan. Well, my hubby took me out to eat yesterday, a good thing, and then he took me to Michaels, a bad thing. I ended up bringing home 30 skeins of yarn so I've really started off this week badly. However, the bright side is I hope to use up at least 20 of these this week alone as I'm working on a baby afghan for a baby shower this Sun. I have already used 1 skein today so hopefully with a couple full days of crocheting I'll lower that -60 start to the week before I have to post on Sat. Which brings me to WTD = -58

Well, the bad news is that I bought 6 skeins for my Ravelympics project. The good news is that I've already gone through one of them, so hopefully my score won't be too much in the negative by week's end...

Oh NO! SOmeone help me the DH is going to kill my very little posiotive score!! He just informed me that on Friday he is taking me out of town to dinner and then " well... I thought you might like to stop at a Joann's, or Hobby Lobby, or Micheal's, or Leisure Arts....":devil AHHHHHH! What every shall I do? MUWHAHAHAHAHA!:devil:hook:devil:hook

Oh NO! SOmeone help me the DH is going to kill my very little posiotive score!! He just informed me that on Friday he is taking me out of town to dinner and then " well... I thought you might like to stop at a Joann's, or Hobby Lobby, or Micheal's, or Leisure Arts....":devil AHHHHHH! What every shall I do? MUWHAHAHAHAHA!:devil:hook:devil:hook

He sounds like a keeper!

:devil

BUY YARN! And pattern books and hooks and .......

Enjoy! I wish my husband would do that for me. He just complains that I have too much.

crochet like crazy until Friday:hook-- and then eat and drink too much to feel like shopping!:think( not:devil)

Enjoy every minute of it!!! What a nice guy!!!

He just complains that I have too much.

Mine has started to say that I have too much, but as long as I'm not shopping willy nilly he's very supportive. :lol For example, I decided this morning that I was going to finish the openwork shawl that's been on my WIP list forever, but I am out of the yarn I used for it. He said that as soon as we can get out (it's *still* snowing here) that we'll go see if they have it at our JoAnn's. But when I'm just wandering around the yarn aisles he gets pretty antsy. :lol

Well see ladies I'm wondering what the catch is! My husband doesn't like be buying more yarn... Quite frankly he can't stand it and just last week told me I needed to use up ALL my yarn b4 buying more... He didn't like it when my reply was squeezing in the word "ALL!" between laughs. So I'm sure this means he either wants to buy something really big for himself ( ahem ps3) or I will owe him big time ( whaaa!). Lol I will let you lAdies know his alterior motives later.

Melany, You can't possibly deny him the pleasure of doing something nice for you. (Justify) Enjoy!!!!

:rofl:rofl

You know what! This will not be an exchange! lol He can let me get yarn but will I let him get the (weight gaining, mindless, take time away from family, and stupid object of *Fun*) ps3.....why don't we wait to see him try... Yes I am that mean.:devil:devil ( bought him guitar hero world tour x-mas 2008 and has only played it twice!!)

Oh to heck with it I will buy my yarn and have fun playing with it while he plays his meaningless games!!!:hook:hook:hook:dance

is it too late to join in?? I definately have to bust some stash as each time I pull out my collection to begin a project I get comments from everyone in the house...even visiting friends who don't even live here...my pal is now referring to my walk in closet as "that place I use to store my yarn store" lol!!!

Archived