2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

Bought six skeins of that would be -12 but I used 1 skein and 1 ball this week so that brings my total to -9. Hopefully I will use up at least one skein tonight to bring it down.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay here is the afghan I just finished. This is my first time to add pictures so I hope it comes out okay. I'm calling this afghan Bright Spring Stripes. The pattern is a basic fpdc, bpdc alternated throughout. I just uesed one skein until it ran out then joined the next. The border is just a straight sc. I used Herschnerrs Ultra Fleece yarn

This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Okay here is the afghan I just finished. This is my first time to add pictures so I hope it comes out okay. I'm calling this afghan Bright Spring Stripes. The pattern is a basic fpdc, bpdc alternated throughout. I just uesed one skein until it ran out then joined the next. The border is just a straight sc. I used Herschnerrs Ultra Fleece yarn

I like the color combo alot!

WTD +1, YTD +4

Used the glove leftovers on baby booties and headband and a bookmark. Now I'm going to rest my shoulder by working on my cross stich, but I did order some Vanna's Choice baby for a babyghan as well as some Wool Ease for my first attempt at designing something myself. My 1st purchases this year - I'll add to my score when they come. I have to say, I am amazed at how much you all are able to accomplish. I can't imagine getting in enough crochet time to rake up your scores!:clap

I'm at my parents this weekend for my birthday (:cake Feb. 13th). My mom took me shopping and asked what I needed. I almost asked for :yarn. But I decided to go for clothes instead (I must be :loco). I got 2 pairs slacks and 5 tops, for a total of 10 new outfits (mix/match). I used up a small ball and enough of a partial skein to roll it down (+2). I'm making tons of shamrock :clover pins. I went through 60 heart pins :vheart, so I want to have at least 70 shamrocks before St. Pat's day. I have 25 so far. I hope I have enough green :yarn left.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 22

:valday

Ellie 13

Well I went to the most amazing yarn store warehouse today. But I stuck to my list. As a result I only bought 6 skeins of Brown sheep cotton/wool blend to make the Midnight Lace dress by Doris Chan, but now the pattern won't download correctly. Drat. Anyway my score is WTD 0 YTD +3

Finished off another one, just under the wire. :whew

I probably won't make as much progress for awhile, since I have two sport-weight projects and one thread project that I've been ignoring. So for the week ending Feb 13, my scores are

WTD +4 YTD +28

wtd: 2

I finished the first skein of my Copenhagen Jacket for the crochet games. Hopefully I'll go through a bunch more next week as I try and zoom through this project!

I hope someone can read this because for the life of me I still can't understand how to make the font bigger in google chrome so here goes my score bought 3 skeins of yarn today -6 and for the week:

WTD:-6/YTD:-25

As I stood drooling at the clearance yarn, I really did consider my stashbusting score. I swear! I almost didn't buy much. But this time of year clearance yarn doesn't last very long, which means, if you see something you like, you've got to grab it or someone else will. So, after realizing that I was going to win Shoot the Moon this week anyway, I kind of went a little wild. After all, it didn't matter how many points I won it by; Shoot the Moon is Shoot the Moon!::devil

(I picked up a bunch of Red Heart Collage, Bernat Camoflauge, Lion Brand Baby Soft, and a Caron Pounder.)

And the grand total is:

*drum roll.......cymbal crash* WTD -68; YTD -106

(I did manage to use up two skeins at the beginning of the week.:lol)

Archived