2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have lots of size 10 thread besides the stash of yarn. Do I get to use a ball of thread as 2 points when I use it up? And one point for finishing a partial ball? Since I am going to be making snowflakes and angels, this will apply. Thanks, Wanda:think:think

:yes You certainly do get points for using up thread! I hope you will post the pics of your angels and snowflakes when they are done.

Well, my yarn came in so here is how I figure this week. 28 skeins came into the house so that starts off the week with a -56. However, I finished my afghan today and I counted up that I used 20 skeins this week in it so that is a +30, (am I right that it doesn't matter what size skein as long as it is a full skein?) so -56 minus the +40= -16 for my WTD and since I had a +7 for my year to date last week that puts my YTD at -11

So if I'm correct my

WTD= -16

YTD = -11

not too bad considering what it would have been if I hadn't finished my afghan. I will take pictures tomorrow and post them if the lighting cooperates. Now to get busy on that baby afghan and outfit(s) for my shower next week Who knows I just might come out ahead next week if I try really really hard. LOL

I didn't get much crocheting done this week. Didn't even use up one skein. Next week will be different because I'm working on my project for the Olympics and it should use a lot of yarn.

So I am posting early.

WTD=-14 YTD=-21

:manyheart

Took a class this week on Tunisian crochet. Love it!!! The class included one skein of yarn along with the hook. But then I used 2 balls. That just negated me getting that one skein. So a big fat 0 for the week.

Started Jackson Square afghan last night. Did 3 sc square and almost used a skein. +1

Since I am just starting here is

Total for week ending 2/13/10

WTD=3 YTD=3

Okay here is the afghan I just finished. This is my first time to add pictures so I hope it comes out okay. I'm calling this afghan Bright Spring Stripes. The pattern is a basic fpdc, bpdc alternated throughout. I just uesed one skein until it ran out then joined the next. The border is just a straight sc. I used Herschnerrs Ultra Fleece yarn

post-36031-135897504478_thumb.jpg

Okay here is the afghan I just finished. This is my first time to add pictures so I hope it comes out okay. I'm calling this afghan Bright Spring Stripes. The pattern is a basic fpdc, bpdc alternated throughout. I just uesed one skein until it ran out then joined the next. The border is just a straight sc. I used Herschnerrs Ultra Fleece yarn

Very bright and cheery!!! You did a great job.

Very pretty :cheer

Archived