2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My stashbusting score will be low this week. I have 3 papers due in one class this week. Yuk! Plus I have my keyboarding class also.

I have about 30 more stitches before my ball of thread I have been using for my doily is finished. Hopefully, I can find the time this week to make it to +2.LOL

Hugz,

Candi

Just wanted to brag I went to both Joanne & Michaels last night and didn't buy yarn. I just got the ribbon trim I needed for a project I made and a few other goodies (beads, an extra size 7 hook, and a set of yarn needles with a screw top case). I looked at books etc, but didn't buy yarn. ( I did pet though...)

Guess what? 3 oz. skeins don't have as much yarn as 6 oz. skeins! Amazing what you learn when you pay attention to details! So i didn't have enough yarn for the afghans I'm making as Christmas presents. I bought 8 more skeins (6 oz ones this time) to bring my WTD to -15, my YTD to -20. And I was doing so well...

Well, at least you have a plan for it all! And we need to buy yarn as well! We all want to be in this CAL next year too. ;)

Finished off two skeins last night and tonight, so I'm at +4 so far. It'll change, though; I scoped out the clearance yarn at work, and I know I'll at least pick up a few.... dozen skeins?:lol It won't be that bad. (I hope!)

Oh, you lucky girl! Enjoy those skeins! :D

I'm crocheting a little bit at the nights in the hotel, but not much... And since the skeins are so big I guess it will be weeks and weeks with zero. :P I have started to learn tunisian crochet, and I like it so far! :)

We're in Los Angeles now, arrived from Santa Barbara yesterday. Now we're going to a shoppingmall, and I'm so exited! I hope I find something... Clothes or... Just anything. :P I'm not so good at shopping in other contries, I don't know witch stores to go to, and end up just wandering around without finding anything. I sure hope this isn't true for today, though. ;)

Have a good day!

Just wanted to brag I went to both Joanne & Michaels last night and didn't buy yarn. I just got the ribbon trim I needed for a project I made and a few other goodies (beads, an extra size 7 hook, and a set of yarn needles with a screw top case). I looked at books etc, but didn't buy yarn. ( I did pet though...)

What torture! That's like going to Godiva and not buying any chocolates! :eek:devil

What torture! That's like going to Godiva and not buying any chocolates! :eek:devil

I just kept thinking about my positive score, and I didn't want to blow it. But you know I do have to drive by the Joanne with the great yarn selection this weekend...you know with the new Debbie Stoller yarns that I can't find here. THAT will be hard.

Well when I go back and read how much yarn everyone already has I don't feel so bad because prior to January I only had about 25 skeins in my stash. So even though I am buying a lot to do projects now I am using them as I go.

Now I feel much better

Well,,,I went to AC Moore, and while I did spend most of my time petting all the soft, fluffy yarns I did cave and bought 4 skeins. :eek:eek At least I bought only what I needed for the 2 little projects I need to do before my visit with family at the end of the month. :manyheart With any luck I'll get thru them this week :cheer:cheer:cheer I thought that showed TONS of willpower!!! It's my first yarn purchase of 2010:yes

That's called willpower! Very difficult to do.

:manyheart

Well, I've been busy crocheting on my WIP Afghan and I've got another 4 skeins used so that puts me at a +10 for the week so far so we will see if my other skeins come in the mail this week or next. More snow here today so we now have 22-24 inches and for once I'm glad the mail delivery is slow. We have only had mail two days since last Fri. I thought the mail went despite the weather but apparently that is no longer true. Will get a picture of my WIP as soon as I get a nice day and enough light. Should have it finished by the end of the week if I keep it up at this rate.

Ok. This is what I need. My DBF will love this. He says I need to get rid of some of this "mess". Hope I can remember to post each week. Good luck to all. :clap:clap

Wanda

Ok. This is what I need. My DBF will love this. He says I need to get rid of some of this "mess". Hope I can remember to post each week. Good luck to all. :clap:clap

Wanda

Welcome to the group! You've been added to the list of participants. If you have any questions, let us know. If I don't get back, there are the BEST people in this group. You'll get an answer from someone!:manyheart

Not much crocheting this week, just a little work on "the blanket". The Caron Black Pounder #2 has hollowed out and flattened, but that's all.

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +7

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +7

Yo Yo’s for Charity

February Charity Blitz 2/18-2/23

Well I am pretty proud of how I've done this week, sitting at +12 so far...but since I had to change my plans for the games I need to buy yarn. Drat.

I plan to stop by Paradise Fibers in Spokane tomorrow on my way to visit my Mom. Hopefully I can find something divine to work with...maybe on a big fat cone that won't kill my score with the yardage I need. I'm so excited, because I have never been there but it supposed to be amazing. Now if I can just stick the the list....

I have lots of size 10 thread besides the stash of yarn. Do I get to use a ball of thread as 2 points when I use it up? And one point for finishing a partial ball? Since I am going to be making snowflakes and angels, this will apply. Thanks, Wanda:think:think

Archived