2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will do it so you will have until 8pm and then I will post the scores.

Works for me as I'm sure I'll get it the following week.:lol Let's see, I adopted 18 more skeins of clearance yarn, so I'm starting the week out at -36.

Well, so far this week I've managed to get through one skein. Hoping to get through another before the end of the week. Must be strong...must stay away from the yarn stores...

Well, so far this week I've managed to get through one skein. Hoping to get through another before the end of the week. Must be strong...must stay away from the yarn stores...

:rofl:rofl:rofl

I ordered 10 skeins from Patternworks, so I'm sure my score will be high in the negatives this week when it comes in the mail.

:manyheart

I have used up 2 skeins so far this week on my cardi. I do have 6 skeins that should be here some time today.. Hopefully working off most of that before the week is over. I have much to do and little time to do it!! I need to have smokin crochet hooks this week.

Have been crocheting hats and used two of the skeins I bought earlier this week plus a partial from my stash.

I envy you. Not much time for crochet lately so the yarn is not diminishing liked I had hoped. One project did get completed for a friend's b-day present, tho. However, in order to finish the last 4 inches, another skein of homespun (yuk) had to be purchased. Finished one skein, but another one replaced it. Is this how this game works??

I'm putting in my totals now, so I don't forget...

Holding steady this week...avoided the LYS and Michaels, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -26

:c9:manyheart:crocheting

Posting early. Going to Early Childhood Education Conference at the local college.

Here's my score.

WTD=-13 YTD=-28

My yarn from Patternworks arrived this week. I'm actually going to make a sweater for me for once!

:manyheart

Since you missed my score (+1) last week, I'll add it to this week. I used 1 skein and 1 ball (+3), gave away 1 skein (+2) and rolled down 2 skeins (+2) :cheer:clap:yay. I need 26 more :ttalk pins by Mon., 18 done 8 to go. I'm going to try to make 30 to be on the safe side. I also have to have 3 stuffed toy :ttalk by Fri.

WTD: + 8 YTD: + 121 :clap:cheer:yay

Ellie 13

I finished a prayer shawl and a scarf for my church's military outreach, but only managed to actually work one skein down into a ball.

When I went to my shawl ministry meeting, I was gifted a skein for a baby snuggly, so that put me in the hole.

For week ending Nov. 13, 2010:

WTD: -1 / YTD: -41

Hope I'm not too late.

I was away from my computer last week, so I missed reporting my big fat zero.

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +4 / YTD: +9

So I got busy this week. I finished off one skein (+2) of a multi-colored yarn with an 8” square, a 6” square, a preemie hat, and, of course, I had to do at least 1 yo-yo. The dark purple turned out black in the pic; and the green a sort of greyish color. Does anyone know what yarn this is? It seems to be related to RH Holly and Ivy, but that’s not it. I put it next to a skein of that that I have and it didn't match.

post-19794-135897597177_thumb.jpg

Three green balls of various colors all went to yo-yos (the light green ones are all the same, just the light made them look different). One light brown ball went to 128” worth of the afghan panel (presently 39” X 25”) and three yo-yos. +4

post-19794-135897597186_thumb.jpg

Alas, my knitting friend gifted me with a skein of a pretty rusty orange color. (-2) I will apply it to the afghan panel shortly, but that won’t use it up, I guess.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +4/YTD: +9 (Shot the moon 06/06/10 with -28)

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Archived