C’ville December 2009 Tote

Tampa Doll

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Mary Jo, the bag this month reminds me of my very own. Mine, however, has little white roses with leaves but it is also red. I am using it this minute to make a sweater for my granddaughter, Charli. What a great idea to make a peppermint striped bag for December! You really got this one done early. :hug

post-2917-135897477448_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the compliments. I wanted to hold this off till after Turkey Day, but I also want it to get to it's new home by Dec 1 if I can. So that means shipping by Friday.

judianne - I find with all the bobbins I have worked with, it does go faster than using the full balls of thread. I usually work with 3 bobbins for the pockets, but this time I went with ?????? well we can count.

Yeah Tampa Guy is usually behind the camera. This time I made him sit in front.:D

Now off to see who I am sending it to:think

I've never used bobbins with thread, only yarn (and then briefly) - if I can get away with using a baggie or sk of yarn I do that. If I ever use the graph technique with thread that might be a time to go back to using the bobbins gathering dust in my craft basket!

..and the countdown begins!:yay

Not only Christmas colors, and candy cane colors, but Polish colors (the Polish flag is red and white). Absolutely fantastic! Tampa Doll, you've outdone yourself!

Patty, who also still believes (I'm glad I'm in such good company with Tampa Guy)

Yup...the Polish flag:yes

Wow, Mary Jo- this is a stunning tote! And it reminds me of Christmas- who doesn't love peppermint? In fact, I had a peppermint mocha latte just this afternoon after picking up 2 of my 3 DD's at the train station today!

Your work is so amazing. And, Tampa Guy- I believe too!

Hope you both have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Mary Jo LOVE the December tote - that pocket looks really complicated! Tampa Guy sure is looking well. Love Crochetluvknots gorgeous place mats and runner she sent you. Cant wait to see who will receive an early Christmas present and become the newest member of the Baglady Club.

Oh my gosh, I adore this one!! :c9 Not only Christmas colors, and candy cane colors, but Polish colors (the Polish flag is red and white). Absolutely fantastic! Tampa Doll, you've outdone yourself!

Patty, who also still believes (I'm glad I'm in such good company with Tampa Guy)

Never dawned on me Patty about the Polish Flag. Boy my dad would be proud.:D

He use to hang tinsel from the ceiling around the tree and tell us it was Polish tinsel.:rofl The man did like to tease.

Roli, yeah I remember the tote I made for you. Infact, I think you are one of 3 maybe 4 that have 3 roses, instead of just 2. It is nice to hear you are using it to hold a wip.:hook

Wonderful bag! This was a nice thread to come home to. Today was the absolute LAST day my BF and I had to put out mags! So glad we were able to quit that job. Oh and Mr Tampa Guy I believe too! :sheepxmas

:droolWow!! I totally love that bag!! (I had to chuckle when I saw all those bobbins of thread--I crocheted a hat using 2 colors. I was having enough problem trying to keep those two colors from getting all tangled up!! :lol :lol

Anyway, that is an awesome bag!! :clap :clap :candycane :candycane :candycane

Archived