Help Crochet Designer Tammy Hildebrand: Special Sale at Stitch Diva Studios

Crochet designer Tammy Hildebrand (Tammystreasures here at Crochetville) has been diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease, which is a bacterial infection caused by untreated Lyme Disease. While regular Lyme Disease is treatable and covered by insurance when diagnosed in its early stages, Chronic Lyme Disease is not covered by medical insurance and is not even recognized by many in the medical industry. Chronic Lyme Disease is very debilitating and requires expensive medical treatment.

Fellow crochet designer Kim Guzman (CrochetKim, who is also one of Crochetville's beloved teachers) has established a special program called the "Help Tammy Benefit." You can visit that website to learn more about the medical and financial problems facing Tammy and her family and to make a donation if you wish. (Please note: donations are not tax-deductible at this time.)

Tammy has given so much to the crochet community through her fabulous designs. We hope some of you may choose to join us in this effort to help Tammy.

Ways You Can Help:

• Spread the link to the Help Tammy Benefit through your blogs, websites, Facebook, and Twitter accounts: Let's take this viral!
  • Visit the website and make a donation. All donations help, no matter how small.

Who Is Tammy Hildebrand?

If you don't recognize her name, you probably recognize some of her designs. Clicking on each picture will take you to the pattern.

copenhagen.jpg

snowflakes.jpg

sherbrook.jpg

montreal.jpg

chicago.jpg

kimono.jpg

Hold on a minute, till I get my head around this: the early detection and treatment of Lyme's Disease IS covered by medical insurance, but if you happen to be misfortunate enough not to detect it, not to notice you have it, till it has progressed into Chronic Lyme Disease, this is NOT covered? So medical insurance only covers you if you're semi-healthy but drops you like a stone if you're sick? And how can some medical professionals NOT recognise Chronic Lyme Disease? :think Am I missing something here? (and I'm feeling really grateful for my German health insurance right now...) My mind boggles!

Poor Tammy :hug

Hold on a minute, till I get my head around this: the early detection and treatment of Lyme's Disease IS covered by medical insurance, but if you happen to be misfortunate enough not to detect it, not to notice you have it, till it has progressed into Chronic Lyme Disease, this is NOT covered? So medical insurance only covers you if you're semi-healthy but drops you like a stone if you're sick? And how can some medical professionals NOT recognise Chronic Lyme Disease? :think Am I missing something here? (and I'm feeling really grateful for my German health insurance right now...) My mind boggles!

Poor Tammy :hug

Yes, unfortunately, this is the way it is. There is a lot of controversy about it. I don't know the source of this controversy, but having read some of the websites about it, I'm very concerned. Tammy is a very private person and it was awhile before she would discuss it with me. It is because of her desire to make people aware of Chronic Lyme that she finally consented to allowing me to spread the word about it. Hopefully there will come a time when it is covered.

• 2 weeks later...

Jennifer Hansen of Stitch Diva Studios has just announced that her site will host a 24-hour sale to benefit Tammy Hildebrand. All patterns will be marked down by 10% for 24 hours only. Stitch Diva will donate 75% of all pattern sales revenue to Tammy Hildebrand and her family. Don't wait long---this special sale ends at 9 PM Pacific, midnight Eastern, USA time, on Friday, December 4.

Archived