New Round Tablecloth Project

Linda

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for everyone for the gracious comments!

No pix this week! I'm using white thread that comes with no dye lot....BUT with the 2nd ball of 1,000 yrds I definitely saw a difference after about 10-15 rounds this week. I thought and thought all day Sunday about continuing and then putting a little bleach in the water when washing it at the end. BUT, if that didn't work I would be SICK!! SOOOO last night I "froggedd" all of the rows that had the current ball of thread in it, and pulled out another ball. (That was about a weeks work) Believe me, before starting again, I took the new ball and put it up against what was already crocheted in several lights to make sure they looked the same!!! NOT TO PANIC, I redid 2 of the rows last night.....hopefully by the weekend I will be back to where I was before the "frogging". So much time is being put into this project, I have to be picky as I go along to be sure I'm satisified at the end...... You know, it's all part of crocheting!!!

I don't blame you one bit for being picky!!!! I've learned the very hard way on knitting and crocheting to always buy extra and double check my dye lots. Some times I'm in a hurry and forget to check and it never fails! I've never done a tablecloth - always wanted too -my projects have always been tiny ones!!

I thought most tablecloth patterns were in sections and you had to do a lot of joining. Yours is one piece -I like that idea. Joining always scared me.

Can you repeat what the name of the pattern is please?

I don't blame you one bit for being picky!!!! I've learned the very hard way on knitting and crocheting to always buy extra and double check my dye lots. Some times I'm in a hurry and forget to check and it never fails! I've never done a tablecloth - always wanted too -my projects have always been tiny ones!!

I thought most tablecloth patterns were in sections and you had to do a lot of joining. Yours is one piece -I like that idea. Joining always scared me.

Can you repeat what the name of the pattern is please?

Peggy, it's in Magic Crochet #8, and then I also found it in Elizabeth Hiddleston #14 (I believe)...it's called For the Bride in the EH Book, although MC doesn't give her credit as the designer.

• 2 weeks later...

The tablecloth is continuing along nicely. I'm finally back (in fact a row past) to where I had to do all the frogging a week ago. It's now about 40 inches across.

post-1127-13589748753_thumb.jpg

post-1127-135897487535_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow - that's beautiful - glad you are happy that you frogged - it's never good to put so much effort into something and then not enjoy it because you wish you'd frogged... I may have to hunt for that pattern.... *moggy goes off to google*

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's been a while since I shared pictures. I've had to "frog" a couple of things because I wasn't looking at what I was doing. It's getting pretty close to where I will "end it" as the full pattern is too large for the table it's intended for.

post-1127-135897499239_thumb.jpg

post-1127-135897499242_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IT'S FINISHED AND BLOCKED!!!!

I pinned the center to my normal blocking board for doilies and lightly sprayed with spray starch. When it was dry, I took it to the ironing board and lightly sprayed and pressed the remainder of the cloth.

NOW, back to my love of doilies!!

post-1127-135897502982_thumb.jpg

post-1127-135897502986_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived