Light & Lacy Stole: Dot Matthews (Bythehook)

bythehook

Light & Lacy Stole

© 12/22/05 Dorothy “Dot” Matthews. All rights reserved.

Originally published at http://patbythehook.blogdrive.com

This pattern is intended for personal use only. You may do what you want with the items you make, as long as you give Dot credit as the designer, with the following restrictions: you may not sell your items online and you may not sell to retail or wholesale stores or businesses. You are welcome to direct people to this pattern by posting a link to it. This pattern may not be posted on any other site or distributed in any other manner.

post-23-135897476814_thumb.jpg

post-23-135897476818_thumb.jpg

SIZE: Approx. 72" x 16" one size fits most

SKILL: Easy

HOOK: K-10.5/6.50mm - I used a Susan Bates Hook

YARN: Bernat Baby Coordinates, sport weight, color Peach; approx. 9oz/707yds

GAUGE: 1 pattern repeat = 4" (measured on the dc row), 8 rows = 4"

STITCHES: chain (ch); single crochet (sc); double crochet (dc); treble crochet (tr); slip stitch (sl st)

ABBREVIATIONS: ea = each; sk = skip; sp = space; sps = spaces

INSTRUCTIONS pattern worked in multiple of 12

Ch 204

ROW 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, *ch 5, sk next 3 chs, sc in next ch. Repeat from * across to last 2 chs, ch 2, sk next ch, dc in last ch. Turn. (50 ch-5 sps)

ROW 2: ch 1, sc in first st, sk ch-2 sp, sk next sc, *7 dc in next ch-5 sp, sk next sc, sc in next ch-5 sp **, ch 5, sk next sc, sc in next ch-5 sp, sk next sc. Repeat from * across. End last repeat at **, then ch 2, 1 tr in last sc. Turn (17 dc groups)

ROW 3: ch 1, sc in first st, *ch 5, sk next sc and sk next dc. sc in next dc, ch 5, sk next 3 dc, sc in next dc **, ch 5, sk next dc and sk next sc, sc in next ch-5 sp. Repeat from * across. End last repeat at **, then ch 2, 1 tr in last sc. Turn (50 ch-5 sps)

ROWS 4 thru ROW 29: Repeat rows 2 and 3.

ROW 30: Repeat row 2. Do not turn at end of row 30.

EDGING worked around the stole

ROUND 1: ch 1, sc evenly along short side, 3 sc in corner, 5 sc in ea ch-5 sp across long side, 3 sc in corner, sc evenly along short side, 3 sc in corner, sc in ea dc and ea sc and 5 sc in ea ch-5 sp across long side. End with 2 sc in last st. Join to first sc. Do not turn.

ROUND 2: sl st in ea st around. Join in first st.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

post-23-135897476806_thumb.jpg

post-23-135897476812_thumb.jpg

post-23-135897476816_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I made this last year out of several skeins of LB Vanna's Choice yarn in a lovely light blue for a childhood friend I found online after a 45 year absence. She was undergoing chemotherapy, and I wanted to give her a "hug". She LOVED the shawl, and it was a joy to make. As usual, Dot's pattern was easy to follow, with clear directions. I would recommend this to anybody who is looking for a beautiful shawl.

Juli from Texas

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been looking for a shawl/wrap pattern to make for my daughter for the prom. I think I am going with this one. Does anyone know how long it will take to make? Prom is May 7th!

• 1 year later...

Archived