Fancy Fans Stole: Dot Matthews (Bythehook)

bythehook

Fancy Fans Stole

© 1/01/06 Dorothy “Dot” Matthews. All rights reserved.

Originally published at http://patbythehook.blogdrive.com

This pattern is intended for personal use only. You may do what you want with the items you make, as long as you give Dot credit as the designer, with the following restrictions: you may not sell your items online and you may not sell to retail or wholesale stores or businesses. You are welcome to direct people to this pattern by posting a link to it. This pattern may not be posted on any other site or distributed in any other manner.

post-23-135897476777_thumb.jpg

SIZE: one size fits most adults, 20" wide x 65" long

SKILL:intermediate

YOU WILL NEED

HOOK: K/10 1/2-6.5mm and J/10-6.00mm

YARN: 9 oz/710 yds Bernat Baby Coordinates sport weight, color Soft Turquoise; yarn needle, stitch markers, scissors

STITCHES/ABBREVIATIONS USED:chain (ch); single crochet (sc); double crochet (dc); treble crochet (tr); fan; each (ea); skip (sk);

FAN STITCH = tr, (ch 2, tr)4 times all in the same stitch. you will have 5 tr with ch 2 between ea tr.

Pattern worked in multiple of 10 + 7

INSTRUCTIONS

With K, ch 207. Switch to J.

row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, *ch 1, sk 4 sts fan in next st. (fan = tr, (ch 2, tr)4 times all in the same stitch) ch 1, sk next 4 sts, sc in next st. Repeat from * to last 5 sts, ch 1, sk 4 sts, (1 tr, ch 2) twice, tr, all in last st. turn (20 1/2 fans)

row 2: ch 1, sc in first st, ch 3, sk next sp, dc in next sp, *ch 2, (sk all sts between), dc in first sp of next fan, ch 3, sc in center tr of fan, ch 3, sk next sp, dc in last sp. Rep from *, end with ch 1, tr in last sc, turn. (62 sps)

row 3: ch 7 (counts as 1 tr and ch 2, place marker in 5th ch) sk first tr, (tr, ch 2, tr) in next ch 1 sp, ch 1, sk next sp, sc in next sc, *ch 1, sk next sp, fan in next sp, ch 1, sk next sp, sc in next sc. Repeat from * across. Turn (20 1/2 fans)

row 4: ch 6, (counts as 1 tr and 1 ch, place marker in 5th ch), sk over everything from here to first sp of fan, dc in first sp of fan, ch 3, sc in center tr of fan, *ch 3, sk next sp dc in last sp of fan ch 2, sk over everything from here to first sp in fan, dc in first sp of fan, ch 3, ** sc in center st of fan. Repeat from * across, ending last repeat at **, then sc in 3rd ch of turning ch. turn (62 sps)

row 5: ch 1, *sc in sc ch 1, sk next sp fan in next sp ch 1, sk next sp. Repeat from * across to last sc, sc in sc, ch 1, sk next sp, (tr, ch 2) twice and 1 tr all in 3rd ch of turning ch. turn (20 1/2 fans)

rows 6 thru rows 25: repeat rows 2, 3, 4, and 5.

EDGING: ch 1, pivot piece to work along short side of stole, sc evenly around 3 sides of stole, placing 3 sc in ea corner st (place a marker in center st of corner).

Scalloped edge (4th side): sc in next tr *(2 sc in next ch-2 sp, sc in next tr) 4 times sk next ch 1, sk next sc, sk next ch 1, sc in next tr. Repeat from * across. End with 2 sc in next ch-2 sp, sc in next tr, sc in next ch-2 sp, 3 sc in last st. Join in first sc.

edging round 2: ch 1, sc in same st as join, sc in ea st around. placing 3 sc in ea corner. Join in first sc.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

post-23-135897476773_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

really great!!

Can I ask a question?

I want to make this for my mom, but I think she would not want it so long, what are the multiples so that I can maybe shorten it a bit?

Thank you for sharing this great shawl/wrap!!

Edited because I see the answer to my question.. DOH!!

Laura

Ok I love this pattern so far but I'm confused on row 5

row 5: ch 1, *sc in sc ch 1, sk next sp fan in next sp ch 1, sk next sp. Repeat from * across to last sc, sc in sc, ch 1, sk next sp, (tr, ch 2) twice and 1 tr all in 3rd ch of turning ch. turn (20 1/2 fans)

sc in the sc and then ch 1? ok did that, sk the next fan sp.. then chain 1 again? wont that be 2 chains? I'm confused!

if I try to sc and then ch 1 in each st it starts to pucker up .. man I need to get this done like yesterday! :P

HELP PLS!!

Ok I love this pattern so far but I'm confused on row 5

sc in the sc and then ch 1? ok did that, sk the next fan sp.. then chain 1 again? wont that be 2 chains? I'm confused!

if I try to sc and then ch 1 in each st it starts to pucker up .. man I need to get this done like yesterday! :P

HELP PLS!!

reading it. and its skip a space then fan in the next sp,ch1. not skipping the whole fan space.

oh that has to be very pretty ! can't wait to see when you get it done!Glad that it working for you. sometimes that little comma missing really throws me off ahahahaa

Me too! I'm currently writing my autobiography and I guess I was in edit mode! I couldn't figure that out for the life of me though :P You guys rock! I'll be sure to take photos before I ship it off to my mother :)

Laura

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived