Dot Matthews Is Alive and Well!

Amy

I have excellent news for everyone. Dot Matthews, of Patterns by the Hook blog and pattern fame, is alive and well in North Carolina. I'm waiting to see if there's any update or anything she'd like me to post here on her behalf.

Last week, I tracked down a mailing address of someone I thought was her. I sent her a snail mail letter to let her know many of our members are worried about her, and are also concerned that her patterns could end up being lost forever.

Dot has graciously given Crochetville permission to host all of her patterns for her. She's been unable to keep up the work with them on her blog and photo site hosts, and she was thrilled that we offered to do this for her. Dot will maintain full copyright to her designs, and we'll share a limited license copyright to post them here, which means we can act on her behalf if anyone tries to post them anywhere else or sell them on ebay without her permission.

I will be posting her patterns (complete with pictures, at least for most of them) here slowly as I have time. The photos for a few of the patterns have been lost, so I may be asking a few members to volunteer to make those patterns and send us photos of the finished items.

I am so glad we'll be able to do this in honor of Dot, her talent, and her willingness to share that talent with the crochet world!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great news. It is always nice to hear how our members are doing when they diaappear for a while.

Great news on the patterns also.

Thank you Amy for taking the time to find out how Dot is doing for all of us.:hook

That's great news Amy. Thanks for taking the time to find her. She seemed like a lovely person. I'm glad she's doing well & that people will still be able to access her patterns. I've made several of her things so if you need any pics, let me know to what patterns. I haven't gifted everything I've made of hers.

:hug.......... thank you Amy!

:yay....... I love so many of Dots patterns... this is great news!

so glad to hear Dot is well and sharing here on the 'ville!!!

:heart

:mug

That is great, Amy! Hosting the patterns here is really a wonderful service for Crochetville to provide:hook

I'm so glad everyone is happy that we're able to host the patterns for Dot! It doesn't cost us anything (other than my time in getting everything posted and formatted properly), and we're glad to give a little something back to Dot, who contributed so much to this site when she was able to be very active here.

Not to mention, we feel we're contributing to the crochet-community-at-large, simply because we don't want to see her patterns disappear if one of her hosting sites decides to take down sites whose owners have been inactive for some random period of time.

DISCLAIMER: even though the patterns are appearing in Dot's name under her account so we can give her proper credit for them, I'm the one actually putting them up there for her (with her permission, of course).

Wow Amy Thak you so much for getting in touch with her and for doing us all that great favor of hosting Dots patterns here on the ville and with photos whooooo hooooo

Horay for Amy and Crochetville..

God Bless you dearly with lots of health and good things my dear for all you do for us...

Thank you for keeping us happy ...

Thank Dot also for her kindness of letting you host them here .....

hugs

Archived