I Need a Dress Right Now - 18" Doll

darski

I need a dress right now -18” doll pattern :pinterest

post-4896-13589747607_thumb.jpg

This dress came about because I needed a slimmer dress to wear under a coat.. but it really is a pretty one fer shure.

WW yarn in various colours and a 6.mm hook. I will appoint the colours I used but you can work it as it suits you and your stash.

With Pink… ch 21

Row 1: 2 hdc in 1, hdc in next across row (30hdc)

Row 2: hdc in 1, 2 hdc in next across row (45hdc)

Row 3: hdc in 7, ch1, hdc in 8, ch1, hdc in 15, ch 1, hdc in 8, ch 1, hdc in 7.

Row 4: hdc In hdc, (hdc, ch1, hdc in all ch 1 spaces. Break off Pink and attach med. blue.

Row 5: hdc in 8, ch 4, *sk 1 ch, sc in hdc, ch 4* repeat across sleeve, hdc across from stitches then repeat *-* for the next sleeve. Finish with hdc across back row. Break off blue and attach light blue.

post-4896-135897568311_thumb.jpg

Row 6: work as for Row 5 but work *sk 1 ch, sc in hdc, ch 6* BUT work in the stitches that were skipped on row 5 and work UNDER the loops from row 5.. note that you are working along Row 4 sleeves for this part.

post-4896-135897568318_thumb.jpg

Row 7: hdc in 8, ch1, skip to front, hdc dec, hdc across front to last two stitches, hdc dec, ch1, skip to back stitches and hdc across. Break off light blue. Attach white

Row 8: Hdc in every hdc and ch1 space. (32 hdc)

Row 9: (Hdc in 3, 2hdc in next) across row. (40 hdc)

Row 10: Hdc evenly across.

Row 11: Hdc in 1, *2hdc in next, hdc in 3* to end of row (50hdc)

Row 12: DC evenly across row.

Row 13: sc across and join. Ch 2 (or 3) and turn. [join all rows from now on]

Row 14: Dc evenly across.

Row 15: Sc evenly across.

Row 16-17: Dc evenly across. Secure white but do not break off. Attach pink.

Row 18: hdc between the stitches across row. Secure pink and break off.

Row 19-20: pick up white and work evenly in dc. Break off white and attach light blue.

Row 21: hdc in 5, 2 hdc in next across the row. Break off light blue and attach med. blue

Row 22: work evenly in dc. Break off med. Blue and tidy all ends.

Return to the Back opening and attach white in the left bottom edge. SC along that edge, work (sc, ch 4 loops) across the neck edge, then as you work down the back right edge work in 3 tightly worked ch button loops. Join and tidy ends.

Please note that the Boots can be found in the Little Girl Dreams pattern.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2008

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry didn't see the questions...

on rows 5 and 6 you are going to be working chain mesh/ruffle stitches across the portions that are "sleeves". On row 5, you work across using the usual ch/sc/sk pattern in the sleeve area.

On row 6, you will work your chain/sc/sk parts in the stitches you skipped on row 5.

so as you work across the row you are:

.working across the back hdc stitches with hdc,

.working across sleeve portions with chs/sc/sk,

.working across the front stitches with hdc,

.working across the sleeve portion with chs/sc/sk,

.working across the back portion in hdc.

Row 6 is worked the same way but you will pick up on the stitches you skipped on row 5 in the sleeve portions.

I don't have the dress anymore so I can't get a pic of that sleeve section. If I can make another one, I will post a pic of that portion while it is flat.

Thank you. I will be making this for my daughter for Christmas. She is getting an American Doll for her birthday and for Christmas.

This is a great pattern because you can do it in so many colours or individual colours and get a wardrobe quickly. I hope she enjoys the clothes as much as I enjoyed making it.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Donna changed the title to I Need a Dress Right Now - 18" Doll

Archived