We Gather Together - 18" Doll

darski

We Gather Together -18” doll :pinterest

post-4896-135897475847_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897475852_thumb.jpg

WW yarn and various hooks..

I used grey for my basic dress because black is so hard to work with at some times of day.

Dress…

post-4896-135897475855_thumb.jpg

With grey WW yarn and 4.5mm hook

Ch 27:

Row 1: dc in 3rd ch from hook, (dc in next, 2 dc in next) to end. (36 dc)

Row 2: sc in 4 dc, 2sc in next 2 dc, sc in 6 dc, 2sc in next 2 dc, sc in 8 dc, 2sc in next 2 dc, sc in 6, 2sc in next 2 dc, sc in 4.. (44 sc)

Row 3: dc in 5, 2dc in next 2 sc, sc in 8, 2dc in next 2 sc, dc in 10 sc, 2dc in next 2 sc, dc in 8 sc, 2dc in next 2 sc, dc in 5 sc. (52 dc)

Row 4: sc in 6, 2sc in next 2 dc, sc in 10, 2sc in next 2 dc, sc in 12, 2sc in next 2 dc, sc in 10, 2sc in next 2 dc,, sc in 6. (60 sc)

Row 5: dc in 7, 2 dc in next 2 sc, dc in 12, 2 dc in next 2 sc, dc in 14, 2 dc in next 2 sc, dc in 12, 2 dc in next 2 sc, dc in 7. (68 dc)

Row 6: sc in 8, 2sc in next 2 dc, sc in 14, 2sc in next 2 dc, sc in 16, 2sc in next 2 dc, sc in 14, 2sc in next 2 dc,, sc in 8 (76 sc)

Row 7: .dc in 10, skip (18) sleeve sts, dc in 20 front sts, skip (18)sleeve sts, dc in 10. (40 dc)

Row 8: sc in every dc.

Row 9: dc in every sc.

Row 10: sc in every dc.

Row 11: dc in 1st sc, (2dc in next, 1 dc in next) to end. (60 dc)

Rows 12:sc in every dc – join and turn.

Rows 13 -32 – alternate rows of dc and sc. turn to WS for all sc rows. (this maintains the fabric integrity)

Work one more row of sc (from the wrong side) to indicate a hem. Break off and tidy all ends.

Sleeves: att yarn in sleeve opening and work around. Alternate dc and sc for 7 rows. Turn to WS for sc rows.. Note: I worked 2 sc decreases at the cap of the sleeve to give the look of a sewn sleeve.

Last 2 rows in sc.work decreases as necessary to bring in the sleeve on st sc row. Work one more row in sc evenly.

Back edge… I am including instructions for button loops – skip these if you don’t use buttons.

…Att yarn at top right edge and ch 5 tightly, sc in same st, continue working sc and making 2 more button loops evenly spaced from top to waist. Continue to work sc around edge to top left. Break off and tidy all ends.

Bonnet… with white yarn and 4.5mm hook

post-4896-135897475858_thumb.jpg

Ch 15

Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and the next 12 ch, 5 hdc in last ch. Continue along other side of ch to end.

Row 2: hdc in 13 , 2 hdc in next 5, hdc to end

Row 3: hdc in 13, [2hdc in next, hdc in next] 5 times, hdc in 13.

Row 4 - 11 :hdc in every hdc.

Row 12: work 5 decreases evenly space along the row. Work in hdc. Place markers at each end of this row – just to make it easier to fine for adding the ties.

Row 13: work a double increase (3hdc) in every decrease st from row 12.

Rows 14 - : work in hdc. Note: on the last two rows, work an increase at the beginning of the row just to give a bit of flare to the tips of the brim.

Ties do 2: Att yarn at row 12 edge and chain 35, 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Break off and tidy all ends.

post-4896-135897475861_thumb.jpg

Apron..

White and 4.mm hook

Ch 17…

Row 1: dc in 3rd ch from hook, 2dc in ea ch.

(30 dc)

Rows 2-> to end: work evenly in dc. Break off and tidy all ends. You can decide how long you want your apron to be.

Ties… ch 30, sc in ea ch across top of apron, ch 30. Break off and tidy all ends

Collar…

With white and 4 mm hook

Chain 27

Row 1: dc in 3rd ch from hook (dc in next, 2 dc in next) to end. ( 37dc)

Row 2: (dc in 2, 2dc in next) to end (49dc)

Row 3: (dc in 3, 2 dc in next) to end. (61 dc)Break off and tidy ends.

Ties: ch 15, FPsc across neck chains , ch 15,

Break off and tidy ends.

Just cross the ties and tuck them under the collar.

I think my counts are off but I’m reporting what I got. J

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2009

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897475815_thumb.jpg

Thank you all. I am really loving having her here beside me.

This one just seems to suit her to a T, (or should I say to a P :wlol

I hope some of you have a chance to make this before Thursday.

Thanks Darski for another great doll pattern. I love all your patterns and have made many of them for my niece's daughter. Every time I make her a new one she asks me when I will make more. Three year olds are cute but boy can she get demanding.

Oh WOW.

I am listening to the Knox Service on the air and the first hymn is "We Gather Together".

Ok it is thanksgiving Sunday so it is not a big surprise but it is a nice God-incidence.:dance

For whatever reason, this brought a smile to my face, and tears to my eyes :blush It reminded me of the crepe paper costumes we had (back in the dinosaur day!) for our Thanksgiving pageants in elementary school........Ahhhh, the memories! Thanks so much for sharing!

She is so cute! We have a 4 hr drive on Wed. to go to Seattle to be with my family for Thanksgiving and now I'll have something to do on the way. I'll bring my doll and doll stand and she can stand in the window of our motor home. Thank you so much darski.

• 4 months later...
You really rock the 18" patterns! I am searching for all of yours to print out!!

My daughter is making requests! LOL

Laura

Thank you for your kind words. I love it when little ones get such enjoyment from my patterns.:hug

• Donna changed the title to We Gather Together - 18" Doll

Archived